Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2019, 07:37 AM   #57

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Our apologies

I wanted to let you know that following this growing season’s difficulties we had to cancel our reservation. We will still have crops going into October that need to be protected from frost, we live in Zone 3. In a normal year there wouldn’t have been an issue. We had daily rain all Spring and couldn’t get onto our fields until the third week in June, as the rain stopped long enough for the fields to dry out.

To give you some perspective, the dairy farmers here plant hundreds of acres of corn. By July 4th they expect the corn to be hip high. Instead July 4th most of the corn fields had nothing germinated, when we did see corn it was no more than 2 inches tall. Yesterday we drove through one of the largest farms and he had hundreds of acres that weren’t hip high even now.

Then the rain stopped and for too long. There hasn’t been any rain until three days ago when we finally got 1/2 an inch, which isn’t enough. Our apples and pears all have medium to small fruit. We’ve had to water our berry bushes and small fruit trees daily since June. Many plantings have failed as we can’t water everything all at once. So we’ve been plowing them in and replanting, now these crops will carry into October but they will need frost protection or harvest. We preserve much of our food we consume for the whole year, so this is a priority to us. Farm sales aren’t thrilling for us either.

My apologies to the group for having to back out.

Best Regards,
Brian and Debby
ModestMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2019, 06:23 PM   #58

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Since we had to cancel our Alaska trip because of ongoing medical issues we had a 6 week window to travel from Aug to my wife’s Oct 1st appointments. I gave her three choices VT / NH , UP of Michigan or Myrtle Beach. To my surprise she took MB. So we’re on a 6 migration southward ending up in MB mid September. Presently at Babcock State Park in Southern WV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7A198235-F36A-44F5-8215-C3DC077094A3.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	558.6 KB
ID:	257767   Click image for larger version

Name:	3367D37F-DD96-4431-A637-8BF6F6AF9A7B.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	638.3 KB
ID:	257769  

IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:05 AM   #59

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Sorry, but due to unforeseen circumstances, we have cancelled our plans to join the group and cancelled our reservation.

Here's hoping ya'll have a great time and safe travels. We will try again for next year.

Wally & Anita
Old 09-03-2019, 06:47 PM   #60

East Coast Rally

Here it is early September days are getting shorter and the campgrounds are now full of seasoned campers.
We are now in Potato Creek State park in Indiana heading for home schedule for Sept. 14 then to the campout on the 19th.

Brain and Deb sorry to here the weather has caused such hardship on you and all farmers across this nation we hope things turn out for the best for you and the entire farming community.

Jim and Diane sorry that you were not able to travel to Alaska as planned but glad you were able to get in some time away and you will be in our prayers for Diane and your family and a full recovery
Wally and Anita hope things are ok and the upcoming hurricane won't affect you and family.
To the rest of the attendee's see you in two weeks.
Santana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 04:52 PM   #61

East Coast Rally

Weather looks great for the weekend, a great time of year to be camping.
We will be hoisting coffee and donuts or scones on Friday and Saturday morning all are invited(8ish).
We will also most likely have a fire going each of the nights. As for dinner we thought we would discuss during morning coffee on what the groups would like to do.
We look forward on meeting everyone and enjoying their stories of their travels.
Santana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 05:55 AM   #62

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thank you! Alan and I will be arriving on Friday afternoon and are looking forward to the get together. We checked the forecast, too - thanks for arranging such wonderful weather for us!

We would like to bring the doughnuts for Saturday morning, and provide a seafood salad if the group does plan on a potluck Saturday night. Please let us know if that's okay with you or if you prefer a different contribution.

Safe travels to all!

Mary
4ina4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 02:18 PM   #63

Sorry I never responded about the rally and unfortunely we couldn't attend this year due to not be able to get off from work. I wanted to wish everyone a good time and hopefully, we can attend next year. After that, we should be retired.
hikermom718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 04:15 PM   #64

2019 East Coast Rally

We would like to thank the 4 couples for inviting us into there sites and taking the time to answer all of our questions about your RV's. It was was a great experience for us as we learned much from from them and look forward to joining the group and ORV ownership in our retirement next year.

Thank you for your time and help. Al & Nickie from upstate NY
Alfie199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 05:58 PM   #65
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Sorry if this post is a duplicate.

How was the event?

Hope ORV provided some swag.

Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 06:16 AM   #66

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie199 View Post
We would like to thank the 4 couples for inviting us into there sites and taking the time to answer all of our questions about your RV's. It was was a great experience for us as we learned much from from them and look forward to joining the group and ORV ownership in our retirement next year.

Thank you for your time and help. Al & Nickie from upstate NY
It was a pleasure to meet and talk with both of you, and we wish you the best of luck as you work toward finalizing the purchase of your new RV!

Happy camping,

Mary
Old 09-24-2019, 06:39 AM   #67

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
Sorry if this post is a duplicate.

How was the event?

Hope ORV provided some swag.

Coops
It was an absolutely delightful event! (Wish you were there!) Santana and Mrs. Santana deserve a huge round of applause for their efforts in organizing this event. Not only did they choose a campground with a great camping loop specifically set aside for groups like ours (it was quiet and lovely), but they somehow arranged for a full weekend of perfectly gorgeous weather. So a big thank you is owed to them for sure!

We just arrived home last night, and I'll follow up with more details as soon as I download the photos from my camera. And, to answer your second question, no swag, but plenty of new friends and warm memories!

More soon,

Mary
Old 09-24-2019, 08:30 AM   #68

Wonderful Time...

The wife and I had great time as well. It was really nice to be able to attend this event that was a short drive for us. Truly great people, really good food & nice times around the campfire. An open view of a star filled night sky allowed us the opportunity catch a glimpse of the International Space Station as it passed overhead Friday night. Saturday's summer-like weather was perfect for the group's boat tour around Lake Winnipesaukee.

Unlike us, most couples there were retired and shared wonderful stories of their travels around North America. We were complimented and reminded of how important a role my wife and I play in helping to feed the social security system... indeed, we hope you'll remember us when planning the location of next year's event. Our retirement is still a ways off. A big Thank You to Santana for making this event happen.

-Winnie the Pooh-
Leaf-Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 06:07 PM   #69

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf-Peeper View Post
An open view of a star filled night sky allowed us the opportunity catch a glimpse of the International Space Station as it passed overhead Friday night.

I can't believe we missed this due to getting stuck in the Friday rush hour traffic outside of Boston!
Old 09-24-2019, 06:36 PM   #70

Outdoors RV Owners Club
East Coast Rally - follow up and photos

This year's East Coast Rally was organized by Mr. and Mrs. Santana, and held at Danforth Bay RV Resort in Freedom, New Hampshire. There were four couples from the Northeast area and, believe it or not, two couples from Texas. Unfortunately, two other couples who had made reservations were unable to attend. We had unseasonably warm weather for this time of the year in the Northeast with lots of sunshine and perfect temps for outdoor activities. It was a glorious weekend!

There were community breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday mornings, and a shared campfire on Friday and Saturday nights. We all enjoyed a boat cruise on Lake Winnipesaukee on Saturday and a pot luck dinner on Saturday night. Mr. and Mrs. Leaf-Peeper headed for home on Sunday so they could continue funding Social Security for the rest of us. Others spent the day on the Mount Washington Cog Railway, exploring the quaint tourist town of North Conway and biking the Cotton Valley Rail Trail.

We ended the weekend with a Sunday evening gathering at the Pizza Barn in Ossipee. Honestly, the whole weekend was tons of fun - a perfect combination of activities and quiet time. I hope other attendees will add their own comments and supplement my notes with anything I missed. I plan to add a personal account of our Rally experience to my blog sometime tomorrow but, suffice it to say, it was a wonderfully worthwhile event. I do hope more ORV owners are able to attend next year's East Coast Rally - whenever and wherever it's held.

I will now try to post some photos - my first attempt. Let's see what happens . . . I did it! I did it! And they're all right side up, too!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ORV Owners - East Coast Rally - Danforth Bay RV Resort - 09-22-19 - IMG_4379 (800x533).jpg
Views:	54
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	261385   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cruise - ORV Owners - The Mount Washington Cruise - 09-21-19 - IMG_4365 (800x533).jpg
Views:	50
Size:	267.4 KB
ID:	261386  

Name:	Cruise - Lake Winnipesaukee, NH - 09-21-19 - IMG_4354 (800x533).jpg
Views:	48
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	261387   Click image for larger version

Name:	ORV Owners - Pizza Barn - Ossipee, NH - 09-22-19 - IMG_4408 (800x533).jpg
Views:	55
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	261388