Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2018, 09:49 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
2019 West Coast Rally

If my math is correct, the 2019 rally/campout is Friday-Sunday June 21-23. I know some folks (like us) enjoy getting there a day or two ahead. That would make the first day to reserve June 19, 2019. Since the state parks take reservations 9 months in advance (to the date exactly, I believe) and today being September 18, it seems like a good time to get organized and maybe snag some spots at the state park!

I did that last year and it turned out to be helpful for one of our members to be able to attend. Sites are cancellable up to three days before the arrival date and the only (nonrefundable) expense is the $8 reservation fee, so there's little risk of wasting the site if we actually don't have a use for it and cancel it say a month or so in advance.

I'm looking at the park map and it appears that the biggest loop with all hookups is C, on the back forest side of the park. But the A loop does have a section with full hookups and that's the part right along the parking lot nearest to where the marshmallow roast usually is, though several of them are awfully short for a lot of ORV rigs.

So, if we want to get some sites grouped together, and if we want to be able to add a few more for a while here, it seems safer to go for the C loop where there's more supply. But the front side spots on the A loop are probably marginally more convenient.

Any thoughts?

Heh heh, is anyone with me on this at all anyway?

BornToWander is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2018, 01:04 AM   #2
R.B

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We’re booked in the state park at C59. C is definitely the best loop from what I saw last time.
R.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 11:22 AM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Well, I snagged C51, C52, and C54, which look short but don't have trees behind their bumper stops so can probably accommodate ORV rigs. I'll hold these for a while, so let me know if you need one.

I was surprised -- sites are already going fast, booking from Wednesday June 19.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:38 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Where is this park? Details please.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 11:59 AM   #5
R.B

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
Where is this park? Details please.
You can click through to the reservations/availability here:
https://oregonstateparks.org/index.c...Page&parkId=20
R.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:43 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We have booked in C55
Hutch1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:33 AM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are thinking about taking the trip there. Maybe visit the birthplace of our Glacier Peak.

For those who live and others that rv travel in Oregon, recommendations for camping along the way from Southern California would be appreciated.

We are retired and looking for great areas to visit once out of calif. Never have spent any time in Ore.

Thanks!
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:24 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToWander View Post
Well, I snagged C51, C52, and C54, which look short but don't have trees behind their bumper stops so can probably accommodate ORV rigs. I'll hold these for a while, so let me know if you need one.

I was surprised -- sites are already going fast, booking from Wednesday June 19.
So of the three you got, which one are you using? We are coming down on the 20th and was able to get C33, not really the spot I wanted but could work.. We will be heading out Monday the 24th.
~Kirk
KirkAlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:14 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
We are thinking about taking the trip there. Maybe visit the birthplace of our Glacier Peak.

For those who live and others that rv travel in Oregon, recommendations for camping along the way from Southern California would be appreciated.

We are retired and looking for great areas to visit once out of calif. Never have spent any time in Ore.

Thanks!
if you have the time, think about us395. theres an oregon s.p. (goose lake) at the border. we’re there now. nice, quite, lots of deer but only 20amp service. then continue north on us395 to john day, ore.
there are numerous places to dry camp or private parks along the way. most of the o.s.p.’s in eastern oregon are first come/first served so it pays to get off the road early...like 2p.m.
enjoy the adventure.
ricndot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:36 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Who would have guessed...Wallowa SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkAlm View Post
So of the three you got, which one are you using? We are coming down on the 20th and was able to get C33, not really the spot I wanted but could work.. We will be heading out Monday the 24th.
~Kirk
Wow camping sites go quick here at Wallowa Lake SP....Who would have guessed... got online today and got C37 from 20th thru 24th Jun. ORV rally will be second year for me as had great time last year.

Will be cancelling reserved site # 23 at Park At The River for 21 and 22 Jun 2019, so if anyone wants it just let me know. I'll hold off for a couple weeks before cancelling otherwise probably cancel NLT 14 Oct before I head South for a month/walkabout.

See ya all in Jun.

"Retired @ trailer will travel"

James Friedhoff
jfriedhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:18 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkAlm View Post
~Kirk
Possibly none since we do have a reservation at the Park At The River. I just didn’t want to see folks not able to attend the Campout. But of course I won’t hold them so long that there’s any real danger of them going to waste, though that’s a ways off for sure.

So all three are available (still)!
Old 09-29-2018, 06:08 PM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Looks like the state park is booked solid. I am looking to stretch out my trip to pickup my new ORV so we can attend the campout for Friday and Saturday nights. Do any of you have a spot still open? What other options are reasonably close?

Thanks,

Fred
Old 09-30-2018, 12:03 AM   #13

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfred View Post
Looks like the state park is booked solid. I am looking to stretch out my trip to pickup my new ORV so we can attend the campout for Friday and Saturday nights. Do any of you have a spot still open? What other options are reasonably close?

Thanks,

Fred
So for the record (PMs exchanged) Fred has C51.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:50 PM   #14

Hello-

If one of those spots are still open - we are interested! We have a 2018 26RLS and loving it. would like to attend the ORV campout.

Regards,
Dennis
justdennis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally