RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-10-2018, 11:16 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 12
20FQ Roof Vent question

Hi friends, our closest Outdoors RV dealer is a hundred miles away and we have a question for 20FQ people. We know there is a skylight in the bathroom and a skylight in the dining area, but are there any old fashioned 14” square “roof vents” on the 20FQ anymore? The kind you can put a fantastic fan or a Max Air in to quickly move hot air up and out without using the A/C (because of boondocking). Let us know when you can!
__________________

WownFlutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2018, 11:40 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
2Glamping's Avatar
 
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: California
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WownFlutter View Post
Hi friends, our closest Outdoors RV dealer is a hundred miles away and we have a question for 20FQ people. We know there is a skylight in the bathroom and a skylight in the dining area, but are there any old fashioned 14” square “roof vents” on the 20FQ anymore? The kind you can put a fantastic fan or a Max Air in to quickly move hot air up and out without using the A/C (because of boondocking). Let us know when you can!


I believe there are two. One in the bathroom and one in the bedroom. The titanium model has fantastic fans in both of those locations with wall mounted controls.
__________________

__________________
R&T
2013 Ram 1500 Laramie
2017 Creekside 20fq Titanium
2Glamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:05 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Salish_Hiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Montana
Posts: 22
Yes, there are two. One above the bed and one in the bathroom. In my case, both have MaxxAir fans factory installed as an option.
__________________
2015 Silverado LTZ 4x4, 5.3L 1/2-ton, NHT Pkg. (11,000 towing / 2,260 payload)
2019 ORV Creekside 20FQ
Salish_Hiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 12:45 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 20
Fan

You would need to wire it for 12 volt. The vents in the bathroom and bed area are not.
Northcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:03 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Jolu's Avatar
 
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 22
If your 20FQ is similar to my 20RD you will find wiring you can connect to at the ceiling light near the vent. There will probably be two yellow wires with a crimp connector and two white wires with a crimp connector. The yellow wires are the positive and the white the negative. I installed a fantastic vent with a remote. Be sure the fantastic fan has a 6" deep garnish/shroud. My fantastic fan garnish was not deep enough to meet up with the fan body. I ordered a 6" garnish on Amazon. $24 shipped.


On Edit: You may need to use a utility knife to score and cut about 3/8" off the 6" garnish to fit.
__________________
2017 Black Rock 20RD
Solar: 540 Watts 448 Amps
Jolu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:47 PM   #6
Weekend Roamer
 
TyCreek's Avatar


 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Treasure Valley Idaho
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northcal View Post
You would need to wire it for 12 volt. The vents in the bathroom and bed area are not.
??? hum...
My 20FQ bathroom vent had a crappy little loud fan before I swapped it out for a Maxx. So of course there was power to that 14" hole. While doing that swap it looked to me that power wires might run toward the bedroom vent area too.
__________________
20FQ yanked along by a F-250
TyCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:41 AM   #7
Member
 
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: White Salmon, WA
Posts: 32
20FQ Roof Vents and Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by WownFlutter View Post
Hi friends, our closest Outdoors RV dealer is a hundred miles away and we have a question for 20FQ people. We know there is a skylight in the bathroom and a skylight in the dining area, but are there any old fashioned 14” square “roof vents” on the 20FQ anymore? The kind you can put a fantastic fan or a Max Air in to quickly move hot air up and out without using the A/C (because of boondocking). Let us know when you can!
Recently attended Outdoors RV rally in Wallowa OR and had the opportunity to personally ask Factory Service Manager about existing wiring/power for Bedroom vent. He answered that the bedroom vent area in a 20FQ Mountain Series TT is prewired for power with gray wire (hot) and white wire (ground) for any aftermarket powered fan. The Titatium series 20FQ TT comes with Maxxfans Deluxe factory installed but all 20FQ's are wired the same, just that the Mountain series only gets a manual opening vent.

I'm ordering a Maxxfan Deluxe 10 speed manual opening fan from Camping World (seems to be the cheapest, free shipping) for my 20FQ that I intend to install myself and connect to the preexisting wiring at the vent opening.

Hope this helps.

J. Friedhoff
jfriedhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:24 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfriedhoff View Post
Recently attended Outdoors RV rally in Wallowa OR and had the opportunity to personally ask Factory Service Manager about existing wiring/power for Bedroom vent. He answered that the bedroom vent area in a 20FQ Mountain Series TT is prewired for power with gray wire (hot) and white wire (ground) for any aftermarket powered fan. The Titatium series 20FQ TT comes with Maxxfans Deluxe factory installed but all 20FQ's are wired the same, just that the Mountain series only gets a manual opening vent.

I'm ordering a Maxxfan Deluxe 10 speed manual opening fan from Camping World (seems to be the cheapest, free shipping) for my 20FQ that I intend to install myself and connect to the preexisting wiring at the vent opening.

Hope this helps.

J. Friedhoff
Thanks for the info on the prewire to the bedroom vent. Let us know how the install works out. I would like to do the same install with the Maxxfan as well.
__________________

Northcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
roof, vent



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RVupgrades.com Weekly RV Accessories Giveaway - Maxxair Mini Vent Plus RV Roof Vent RVupgrades.com Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More) 0 04-12-2018 02:37 PM
20FQ :: 2018 OutdoorsRV 20FQ TyCreek iRV2 Owners Registry 0 04-07-2018 10:42 PM
2017 Creekside 20FQ what to protect roof and walls with? stylinlp38 Outdoors RV Owner's Forum 4 06-05-2017 04:50 PM
New Creekside 20fq and new to site Dave_DianT New Rig Show-Off! 10 07-11-2016 11:15 PM
Roof Vent Cover - Fan-tastic Vent vs MaxxAir Turbo TwelveVolt Gear and Product Discussions 4 03-18-2014 03:58 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×