Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2017, 05:34 PM   #1

21RBS Creekside Titanium Price Negotiations

We have been looking at the Outdoor RV for our next RV. Because of parking length restrictions, our choice has to be under 26' 10 inches. Even that is a stretch.
We wanted the 23RKS but have settled on the 21RBS model. I am curious on your experiences with negotiating the pricing with the dealer. I have purchased several RV's in the past and did pretty good at negotiating from the advertised price.
I have been to a couple dealers who carry this line and getting them to budge from their advertised price is like pulling teeth. The first dealer advertised 35,500. After a lot of back & forth, they are saying all in at 33,500.
The second dealer advertised at 33,950 and would not negotiate at all.
I understand all the "how this is a better RV" talk and believe it is. I also see plenty of units on the lot, especially the Titanium and that no dealer advertises their "all in" price.
What are your experiences, what were your final pricing and is the cost I am being quoted a good price?
I appreciate your replies.
tminit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2017, 06:16 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
You should get 30-35% off MSRP. The dealer we bought from had the units priced at 30% off to start with so we just negotiated a little upgrade of the fan. I am not familiar with that model, but the price seems high for that size of unit.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTTransplant View Post
You should get 30-35% off MSRP. The dealer we bought from had the units priced at 30% off to start with so we just negotiated a little upgrade of the fan. I am not familiar with that model, but the price seems high for that size of unit.
30% has always been my sweet spot. I don't begrudge anyone a profit but we all know the markup of any RV.
I agree that the price seems high relative to the size.
What's odd is that both dealers were hesitant to give any MSRP. Neither had a price sheet in any of the ORV models on the lot.
Both said they "believe it is about 43K". WOW!!
Based on that, 30% should come in at 30,100. When offered, both said that price was below their cost. I doubt that and statements like this are to be expected. Also told that at 33,500, they would be making about $960. Another I doubt it moment.
Last offer via text was 33,100 and would take a GM approval.
If nothing else, I have learned one thing about buying cars & RVs, never be afraid to walk away.
If anyone has any insight or suggestions, they would be appreciated.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:20 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Trying to make sense of RV pricing has been a problem for years. Only a few mfgs actually post a window sticker with an MSRP and ORV is not one of them.

Some dealers publish what they call MSRP and their sale price - which makes it look like you are getting between 20 and 30 pts off. I do know that ORV products are somewhat on the higher side pricewise - but they are well built and have lots of standard features that are options on other rigs.

You can surf the web and see what other dealers are advertising on the same unit - find the lowest and ask your dealer to match it. Also look at comparable TTs from other high end mfgs.

My last full TT deal was 12yrs ago when I bought my Arctic Fox - we dealt more like a car as we were trading in another TT so it came down to the difference.

I have been looking at ORV TTs and have two nearby dealers and two more within a days drive. All of them have similar prices on similar units - sometimes it is hard to compare as there are a few options available - the most expensive being the off road 4X suspension package as it includes larger wheels and tires along with the MorRide equalizer and bushings.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tminit View Post
We have been looking at the Outdoor RV for our next RV. Because of parking length restrictions, our choice has to be under 26' 10 inches. Even that is a stretch.
We wanted the 23RKS but have settled on the 21RBS model. I am curious on your experiences with negotiating the pricing with the dealer. I have purchased several RV's in the past and did pretty good at negotiating from the advertised price.
I have been to a couple dealers who carry this line and getting them to budge from their advertised price is like pulling teeth. The first dealer advertised 35,500. After a lot of back & forth, they are saying all in at 33,500.
The second dealer advertised at 33,950 and would not negotiate at all.
I understand all the "how this is a better RV" talk and believe it is. I also see plenty of units on the lot, especially the Titanium and that no dealer advertises their "all in" price.
What are your experiences, what were your final pricing and is the cost I am being quoted a good price?
I appreciate your replies.
Where do you live and are you only shopping locally?
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:01 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Before they went with the new Titanium versus mountain series, back when it was just Creekside last year I was quoted much less on that trailer. I'm not sure where you are located or what dealers you are dealing with. Last year the same trailer was less than $27,000. I suspect that they have raised the prices significantly with this new approach. See what the mountain series would cost.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy the sly old fox View Post

Some dealers publish what they call MSRP and their sale price - which makes it look like you are getting between 20 and 30 pts off. I do know that ORV products are somewhat on the higher side pricewise - but they are well built and have lots of standard features that are options on other rigs.

You can surf the web and see what other dealers are advertising on the same unit - find the lowest and ask your dealer to match it. Also look at comparable TTs from other high end mfgs.

I have been looking at ORV TTs and have two nearby dealers and two more within a days drive. All of them have similar prices on similar units - sometimes it is hard to compare as there are a few options available - the most expensive being the off road 4X suspension package as it includes larger wheels and tires along with the MorRide equalizer and bushings.
Randy, I appreciate the reply and insight.

Agreed that the ORVs are well built. That is what is drawing them to me.

I have been surfing and all dealer prices are pretty much the same. Most have disclaimers that say the advertised prices are restricted by the MFG.

I live in Southern Oregon. The nearest dealers are 3-4 hours away. Both in opposite directions. I have been to both as it is worth the drive just to be able to actually look in the units.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:30 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
When we bought our trailer we negotiated 30% off the dealer price, what ever that was based on. We surfed the net for the best internet price and took that to our local dealer and asked him if he wanted me to drive 5 hours to buy a unit or would he like to make the deal.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Before they went with the new Titanium versus mountain series, back when it was just Creekside last year I was quoted much less on that trailer. I'm not sure where you are located or what dealers you are dealing with. Last year the same trailer was less than $27,000. I suspect that they have raised the prices significantly with this new approach. See what the mountain series would cost.

When I was looking at the 2017 Creekside 23rks there were still a lot of the 'old' 2016 models I checked out. The prices were not that different; $1,500 maybe.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Off Road--
We live in Southern Oregon. No local dealers so traveling 3-4 hours in different directions just so we can actually look at the units.
In negotiating, both dealers have tried to push me towards the Mountain Series thinking it is just a lower cost I am looking for.
Both quote roughly 29K for that model.
We do want the Titanium for the various upgrades it has.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:00 PM   #11

Up in OR you are likely to negotiate a better deal than I was able to down to in SoCal. I think we got 25% off and we walked from a big dealer down here. We gor essentially the same deal for the trailer we bought but it included the options we were looking for and I swear we got the fancy roof fans included too.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:00 PM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
You should be able to call the factory and get MSRP on the unit you are looking at. Give Apache Camping Center a chance. They are good people to work with.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZYA View Post
You should be able to call the factory and get MSRP on the unit you are looking at. Give Apache Camping Center a chance. They are good people to work with.
Good suggestions. I will do both.
Thank you for the reply
Old 03-11-2017, 09:24 PM   #14
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tminit View Post
Off Road--
We live in Southern Oregon. No local dealers so traveling 3-4 hours in different directions just so we can actually look at the units.
In negotiating, both dealers have tried to push me towards the Mountain Series thinking it is just a lower cost I am looking for.
Both quote roughly 29K for that model.
We do want the Titanium for the various upgrades it has.
Have you thought about buying a unit in (Canada) British Columbia and or Alberta ,especially used ones. The exchange on the dollar may be worth it.
If I lived in Oregon or Washington I would contact Thompson's RV in Pendleton.
They are good people...met them at the campout.
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote