Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2017, 09:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy the sly old fox View Post
Come to think of it, my valves we're buried in the floor. In fact I had to cut some lino to reach one of them.
That doesn't sound promising - I will probe around the drain tubes to see what I find.
John Pattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2017, 07:49 AM   #16

Quote:
Come to think of it, my valves we're buried in the floor. In fact I had to cut some lino to reach one of them.
Yikes! That's one of those moments where you wonder what were they smoking when it was built. Are there wildwood weeds growing in Oregon?

60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:33 AM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Ok perhaps I was a bit over the top with my remark. The opening was more than 98% open. I removed the last 2% to make it easier to get to one of the valves. My intent was to point out that the valves may not be out there in the open. They are small and love to play hide and seek with you.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:30 AM   #18

Old 12-22-2017, 10:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Ok perhaps I was a bit over the top with my remark. The opening was more than 98% open. I removed the last 2% to make it easier to get to one of the valves. My intent was to point out that the valves may not be out there in the open. They are small and love to play hide and seek with you.
The trailer is pretty well sealed where the tubes protrude through the bottom.

Gonna leave it alone - if it ain't broke don't fix it...
Old 12-23-2017, 06:36 AM   #20

Just a thought John but you mentioned the small cabinet between the chairs. I was just looking at some photos and it appears there's a door on it? I'm wondering if there's a false bottom in that cabinet. When I first got my trailer I was puzzled as to how to gain access to the HWT bypass valves which looked like should be below the closet in the bathroom. What I didn't notice at first because of poor light were the small dark colored screws holding the closet floor down.

But yes, I don't think it'll be an issue if they are not used. Just a bit easier if they are.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:04 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sumtin View Post
Just a thought John but you mentioned the small cabinet between the chairs. I was just looking at some photos and it appears there's a door on it? I'm wondering if there's a false bottom in that cabinet. When I first got my trailer I was puzzled as to how to gain access to the HWT bypass valves which looked like should be below the closet in the bathroom. What I didn't notice at first because of poor light were the small dark colored screws holding the closet floor down.

But yes, I don't think it'll be an issue if they are not used. Just a bit easier if they are.
Yes, the top part of the cabinet has a door for storing items but the bottom section is closed off; however, I was able to remove the entire right side panel of the cabinet - it provides access to the utility connectors and shower plumbing. Unfortunately there are no valves.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:45 AM   #22

Ours has no valves, just plugs in the ends of the lines. When I remove them and hook up the supply they shoot water out.
Pezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 01:09 PM   #23

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Haven't heard if you have figured this out yet!!! Your picture of the drains would lead me to say that your system uses plugs in those fittings on the hose ends. Did you buy the trailer new or used?? I have to assume that you have used the water system since purchasing. So if nothing came spewing out of those exterior fittings then you have to have valves inside the trailer.

Your floor plan shows a wardrobe/linen in the bath, it may have a panel held on with screws under it (like our 280RKS) and the valves may be inside. Long way from the exterior drain fittings, but worth looking if you haven't.

I still say you should have plugs in those fittings just like Pezz. Short way from the shower connecs out to the left corner of trailer. All that stuff is under the floor, and above the coroplast bottom panel.
2003 Excursion XLT V10 4:30 Axles
DualCam HP 450W Roof Solar/320W Portable
Tuquala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 02:37 PM   #24

I called ORV and they told me that the valves are located in the lower compartment of the end table that is between the recliner chairs at the back of the trailer. I had previously removed the side panel and looked inside but did not see the valves - the ORV technician confirmed that they are in there but rather hard to access.

I haven't had a chance to investigate further but will post an update when I do. At this point we will be using the trailer in a couple of weeks and the overnight temps are staying above freezing. I also have a space heater on a temperature controlled relay set to come on when needed - I did this with my previous trailer and had no issues.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:05 PM   #25

If the valves are that difficult to access it would be easier to just leave them open and put plugs in the ends. Anyway, mystery solved.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:31 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sumtin View Post
If the valves are that difficult to access it would be easier to just leave them open and put plugs in the ends. Anyway, mystery solved.
Good idea but I still have to find the valves and open them...

Tags
cat, valve