Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2019, 01:18 PM   #1

29TRX Questions

So my wife and I’s first trailer was an arctic fox 24’ 5th wheel that we were completely in love with. Last year we purchased a Polaris general 4 door side by side and needed to find a toy hauler with 12.5’+ parking. We got a pretty good deal and ended up purchasing a 2004 Komfort k2 34’ bumper pull toy hauler with a gvwr of about 15k. After staying in it a couple times I’m realizing how much we miss a 4 season quality trailer and the 29 TRX looks like it would fit the bill.

We’re hunting for something with 12.5’+ parking under 35’ in length. Any other toy hauler suggestions?

Does anyone own one of the 29 and how does it tow? My truck is a 7.3l quad cab f350 and it pulls ok if you’re not in a rush but I’m still working with my weight distribution hitch to not get drug around the road with my current trailer.

Any options anybody can suggest that are a must have? And what’s the suggested west coast dealer? I don’t have a dealer near me so can go wherever
Tbrownski is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2019, 01:28 PM   #2

My 2 cents: I can't imagine any toy hauler being airtight enough to realistically be "4 seasons".
Old 05-16-2019, 03:55 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo View Post
My 2 cents: I can't imagine any toy hauler being airtight enough to realistically be "4 seasons".
Realistically, none of them are airtight. Our ORV fifth wheel sitting outside in 40 degree weather is 40 inside without the heater on. Same on both sides.
In the desert, if its 100 outside, its 100 inside without ac on. You get the point.

Selling as a 4 season camper is a marketing thing. May have more insulation and other goodies, but in the end they are all the same to me. I really do not notice any difference from the 2012 toy hauler we had that was not four seasons.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:47 PM   #4

The biggest difference to me is the non-exposed/ heated tanks and insulated storage doors. If it takes a ton of propane to heat in the winter at least I don’t have to worry about pipes freezing. I have a 100lb tank to throw in my truck for extended winter boondocking.

I wouldn’t hesitate to go back to a Northwoods product in a heartbeat because of the construction alone. My utv won’t fit in a desert fox and I’ve only heard good things about ORV.
Tbrownski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:36 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Not to mention the double pane windows, the more heat you can keep out in summer, the more heat you can keep in, in winter.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:17 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
Realistically, none of them are airtight. Our ORV fifth wheel sitting outside in 40 degree weather is 40 inside without the heater on. Same on both sides.
In the desert, if its 100 outside, its 100 inside without ac on. You get the point.
The same can be said of a house as well. The amount of insulation simply determines how fast heat is gained or lost.

I agree that the rear door on a toy hauler is not the best insulated and I am not sure how the glass doors are going to work on the TRX. I will suggest that the heat loss will probably be less with the Desert Fox or TRX over other brands of toy haulers - even Komfort.