RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-10-2019, 06:56 PM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My last truck camper I covered. This unit, nope, cover tires, always checking seals, wax yearly, good to go... but I try to use mine year round.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2019, 09:31 AM   #16

I had an ADCO cover for my Fox Mountain for 5 years. Zero issues. I put tennis balls on all the gutter extensions. No tears in 5 years. It was heavy but doable. Not something I would want to take on and off throughout the year. It went on at the end of Oct and came off at the end of April or so. 5er was always as I covered it when removing the cover.
I got the ADCO Tyvek style cover. Out here in Oregon it rains off and on pretty much from Nov to May so the less water pouring on the RV is a good thing IMO.
When I we got our ORV I left the cover in the Fox under the bed. Still several more years of use out of it.

I think location and weather situations play a part in how long they last.

Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 08:42 AM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yes i think it will do for this winter-But it's as tight as 100 lbs. of potatoes in a 50 lb. sack!
nicfroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 02:16 PM   #18

I measured our Arctic Fox myself came up with 29' 6" the Adco site recommended 27' 5" to 28', glad I measured and went with sob.
Bill
Old 10-07-2019, 09:55 PM   #19

two takeaways from installing a roof top cover

We got just a roof top cover and it fit fine. We did find, though, that the stitching holding the plastic buckle-clips sewn to the rear wheel anchor bars would rip out if the hold-down webbing were cinched up while connected. Two takeaways: unclip the webbing, shorten the length and then clip back in; and, before using the anchor, take the webbing off and have the stitching reinforced. I had to drill out the aluminum rivets holding the webbing on so DW could sew it, but a tech screw secured the now reinforced webbing back onto the anchor pipes.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:16 PM   #20

Camco Ultra-Shield Covers?

Has anyone tried the new Camco Ultra-Shield covers? They look interesting. I have in the past used the Classic PermaPro and like it on past trailers but just moved to an ORV and need a new cover so looking at the options again. The Camco one looks pretty heavy duty (yes heavy) but interesting. Any thoughts on it?
wprather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:42 AM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wprather View Post
Has anyone tried the new Camco Ultra-Shield covers? They look interesting. I have in the past used the Classic PermaPro and like it on past trailers but just moved to an ORV and need a new cover so looking at the options again. The Camco one looks pretty heavy duty (yes heavy) but interesting. Any thoughts on it?
Havn't tried that one- but i am sure it will not cover the sides all the way--Our ORVs are just to tall.
nicfroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:30 AM   #22

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'm using the Classic accessories PolyPro 3 Deluxe and it fits reasonably well and is long enough to just wrap around the tin on the bottom of the TT. I'm on my 3rd season and the cover is doing great, no complaints at all.

Grump010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, trailer