Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2015, 11:44 PM   #1

Am feeling like the poor cousin - any other Black Rock 19B owners on the forum?

Am not seeing too much on the bottom end of the line. Had my 19B for a year and a half, very happy with it.....any other 19B owners out there?

Nick B
Nick B is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2015, 08:53 AM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The Blackrock is just as much a ORV product as the Blackstone and just as welcome here. I don't know what their production numbers are but they share much of the same qualities as the others. You should never feel like the "poor cousin" here.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:51 AM   #3

Tongue in cheek only, Highway! Just wondering where the Black Rock owners are hiding....

Nick B
Old 05-24-2015, 10:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
Am not seeing too much on the bottom end of the line. Had my 19B for a year and a half, very happy with it.....any other 19B owners out there?

Nick B
I have looked at a few Black Rocks, thought the fit & finish was better then our Black Stone, not a "bottom end of the line" rig.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:56 AM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
They use the same frame as the others, right?
That alone makes them higher-quality than many.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:23 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We have the Creek Side 20FQ which is the same as yours just with a few upgrades.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:21 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
When I visited the factory last month, I thought that I saw that the Black Rock, Creek Side and Timber Ridge are all made in the same building, and the Wind River and Blackstone are in the other building, but all are built on the same lot and all with the same frame shop, and same wall shop.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:32 PM   #8

2016 Black Rock 22BHS

We just picked up our 2016 Black Rock 22BHS a month and a half ago from Apache RV in Portland. They were excellent to work with and it was truly a no BS deal.
So far we have had 0 issues with the trailer and couldn't be any happier with the quality of the Black Rock. I upgraded only a few items such as a ladder and 2 6 volt golf cart batteries with a shut off switch.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:06 PM   #9

NickB & Crab Sack I'm starting my research and the Black Rock 19b is on my radar.
What is the roof like? I couldn't find specifics on the ORV website. We currently have an 2007 180FQ Orbit Sport. It has a great open floor plan for a camper of this size but after 8 years of basically trouble free camping, it is having an issue and of course now orphaned. It might have even been built in the same space by Fleetwood that ORV is in now!
knitlitcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitlitcamp View Post
NickB & Crab Sack I'm starting my research and the Black Rock 19b is on my radar.
What is the roof like? I couldn't find specifics on the ORV website. We currently have an 2007 180FQ Orbit Sport. It has a great open floor plan for a camper of this size but after 8 years of basically trouble free camping, it is having an issue and of course now orphaned. It might have even been built in the same space by Fleetwood that ORV is in now!
Knitlitcamp; it seems to be a typical rubber roof, but it has a 5 inch crown across the trailer, which means water has nowhere to pool, and therefore much less likely to leak. Unless I miss my guess, our previous trailer, a 2006 Fleetwood Pioneer, was much the same as your 180FQ. We had the same experience, trouble free camping for the time we owned. The Black Rock 19B, although it's the same basic size, is far and away better built. The quality is apparent on almost every aspect, and the trailer in general is much friendlier to use. We chose the 19B because it had no slide. While it doesn't have as much space, we bought it to go camping, not to live in. We like the outdoors, and inside only to sleep, or if it's raining out. No slide, less moving parts, less trouble!

Good luck with your deliberations; the 19B is pretty good value in my reckoning.

Nick B
Old 06-26-2015, 03:26 PM   #11

I haven't wanted a slide for the same reasons Nick. We had a popup for years and loved the open feel, so I definitely like an open floor plan. I will have to check the 19b in person to see how it feels, not sure about the center bath arrangement. Our Orbit has an L shaped side dinette that allows for passage to the corner bathroom even if someone is working at the galley, prepping food etc.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #12

We visited a dealer that had the 19b in stock. It was good to see it in person, very nice camper, definitely seems solid, but the layout just isn't what we envisioned. Always good to able to see in person. We felt closed in due to the center galley/bathroom arrangement.

This dealer also carried Nash & Arctic Fox. We didn't look at an Arctic Fox because they didn't have the smallest 22g on the lot. The Nash we looked at was the 17K that has a similar floor plan as the 19b Black Rock but something about how the bathroom door was positioned that it didn't seem like would have as much impact across from the galley. Also, we liked how the bathroom was laid out on the Nash 17K. DH really liked the Creek Side 22RB, they didn't have the Black Rock 21B for us to compare at this time. Overall, we were impressed with what we saw in the Black Rock, Creek Side & Nash. The 22G floor plan in the Arctic Fox looks about perfect to us, plus it is wide body, but we would have to see one in person to really know.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:58 PM   #13

We actually had a deposit down on a Black Rock 22BHS before changing to the Creek Side 23BHS. In the end, I felt the extra features of the Creek Side were worth the relatively small up charge.

We originally set out to get a non-slide model as well, but I am glad we ended up getting it. The extra floor space with kids and the dog is appreciated for us.

But let's be honest, there is no quality difference in the 2. The Black Rock is a fine trailer.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:19 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
Knitlitcamp; We chose the 19B because it had no slide. While it doesn't have as much space, we bought it to go camping, not to live in. We like the outdoors, and inside only to sleep, or if it's raining out. No slide, less moving parts, less trouble!

Good luck with your deliberations; the 19B is pretty good value in my reckoning.

Nick B
We chose the CreekSide 23dbs and it does have a slide, but I feel the same way about being outdoors. Because we have multiple grandchildren, and intend to take them with us camping frequently, we wanted the slide because we know that kids are just too good at planting themselves strategically as immovable obstacles and decided the slide would give us the best chance at actually being able to get to the bathroom if needed. I told DH I wanted a trailer I could live in if it was dumping down rain, but not so comfortable I'd want to hole up and watch TV!

Tags
forum