Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2017, 09:28 AM   #1

Blackstone 280RKS - Shrinking bedroom?

Hi, we have never actually "been inside" a Blackstone 280RKS but we have one on order. We have been inside a 250 RKS which seemed to be very similar to the 280 from the bathroom forward other than the ward slide on the 280RKS. The bedroom felt plenty spacious with respect to the room on the sides and end of the bed. Now when i look at the 2018 floor plan, it looks like there is VERY LITTLE room from the end of the bed to the bathroom wall. The new ORV site has some of 3D things where you can use your mouse to navigate around the entire trailer and it really looks like there is not much room. Can anyone tell me if the 2017 floor plan pics were just deceiving? Or what would be so different as to have chopped off the space in this area? Maybe the 2017 Floor plan diagram was wrong? https://cdn1.rvtrader.com/v1/media/5...768&quality=70 Interesting this site lists this as 2018, but this is clearly the floorplan image from the 2017 brochure as i have that sitting in front of me.
And just right now i was going to the ORV site to paste the image of what is in the 2018 brochure.. The floor length is now 29 FEET instead of 30 FEET last year!!! 270RKS grew in size. Wow we just lost a foot. So i just answered my own question and i am disappointed. I wonder if the entire foot comes from the bedroom. Interesting the Dry Weight is exactly the same at the published 30' vs 29'.
vpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2017, 10:48 AM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Can't speak to the 2018, esp if any changes I'm not aware of. But, our 2016 280RKS is identical to the 2018 floorplan, with one exception. Exterior length is the same - 34'3".

Exception is the bed is pushed forward into the front cap area allowing for the 80" bed. They removed the inner wall and bookcase to give more room for longer bed. As to room around the foot of bed, may well be the same as our shorter bed, which isn't a whole lot, but never has been a big deal for us. Yes, more room would be nice, but we don't live in the bedroom, and the walk through bath allows for easy passage to the closet slide side of the bed.

As to "advertised" floor length, I would feel confident in the 30' figure. Don't ever remember any 29' measurement for the 280RKS series. As to the 2018 270RKS, maybe they decided to be more "honest" in their stated lengths.
2003 Excursion XLT V10 4:30 Axles
DualCam HP 450W Roof Solar/320W Portable
Tuquala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:47 PM   #3

Yeah i know things are subject to change. It just seems either the 2017 brochure/website floorplan had an inaccurate depiction and an incorrect floor length (as it says 30 feet) and 2018 is more accurate - or something has changed. The 2018 brochure clearly shows a difference on the floorplan and also states it is a 29 foot floorplan.

The only floorplan that "shows" it is a 30 foot plan is the new 270RLS model.

It just looks like you really need to squeeze past the foot of the bed - not the end of the world, but its nice to not have to use the hallway to get dressed.
vpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 07:33 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I would suggest calling or emailing ORV. They can give you a definitive answer.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:27 AM   #5

I have a 2017 280RKS and if ORV didn't change anything there is room to walk between the bed and the wall. We have a 80" bed in ours also. I feel the entire camper has lots of room and he very comfortable. I havent measured my interior but our overall length is 34'3". So if thats what the new brochure says then they didn't change. We love our 280RKS and wish you the best with yours!
hikermom718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:00 PM   #6

I just got the 280rks and I change in the bathroom. It is fine to pass through but not enough for me to change in front of the bed. Not a deal breaker. My darling who is smaller changes clothes at her side of the bed.
ktn1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 12:07 AM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
In my TR 25RDS I also use the area around the doors to change - not enough room at the foot or the far side of the bed. We rarely get dressed at the same time so it is not a problem. We really love the room in the rest of the trailer - which is where we spend most of our time when we are inside. We love being outside even more.