RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-09-2019, 01:12 AM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Bumper squeeze

I have the sewer pipe with the orange connectors on it. My rear bumper does not allow my sewer hose to slide into it. It only goes about half way before it gets stuck. A flashlight does not reveal a cause. It does not look as if it is narrowed but obviously it has to be. Has anyone encountered that. 25 rds titanium.

Lowriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2019, 07:34 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowriders View Post
I have the sewer pipe with the orange connectors on it. My rear bumper does not allow my sewer hose to slide into it. It only goes about half way before it gets stuck. A flashlight does not reveal a cause. It does not look as if it is narrowed but obviously it has to be. Has anyone encountered that. 25 rds titanium.
Mine sticks a little, but I'm usually able to twist the assembly to get it to pass by what ever is squeezy. You could also take a rasp and tidy up the plastic edges of the connector. Or possibly turn the hose around and push it in the with the other fitting going in first and the offending one on your end?

Vintage465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:53 AM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
If your rear bumper is aluminum cladded like my TR, pop rivets are the culprit.
Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 10:12 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I assume that is a RhinoFLEX hose.

I had a similar problem trying to fit mine in the built-in compartment of my coach. The orange connectors were a tad too big.

Finally went back to my Blueline hose.

Don't know where I'm going, spose I'll get there anyway.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 10:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage465 View Post
You could also take a rasp and tidy up the plastic edges of the connector.
This is what I had to do.
steve52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:22 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I found it was the clamp holding the end fitting that was causing problems. I removed their spring clamp and installed a worm drive hose clamp and it fits, but is snug. I made an additional carrier out of a Lowe's plastic fence post cover and carry a second hose there for those campgrounds that are located all the way at the rear and then some.

Wally
Old 09-15-2019, 11:17 AM   #7

I had enough of the tight bumper squeeze on last trailer so bit the bullet and did the 6x6 plastic fence post addition that others have done. Suspended from frame just in front of sewer outlet which has secondary benefit of providing some protection for sewer cap and tube.
Old 09-15-2019, 11:41 AM   #8

I did the 6x6 fence post mod as well. I 1st did it on a 2010 TT. Then we got a 5th wheel and I removed the FP and put it on the 5th wheel. We now are back to an ORV TT. Same FP. It's been on all 3 trailers for close to 8 years. I painted it with black Krylon after scrubbing it with a scratch pad. The paint never flakes.
I too installed in right behind the dump valve. Makes it easy to dump since every things in one spot. All my Rhino fittings fit easily. I have two hoses plus the screw in reducer in the FP.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 12:25 PM   #9

A 5x5" fence post cover is what I'm using with the Rhino brand hoses......have 3 covers, 2 for hoses and random length vinyl gutter for hose support, and 1 for a 7' folding ladder....I mounted mine in front of the dump valves in front of the front axle to keep driveway dips from contacting a rear mounted one.....and a lot of bumpers are rough inside and will pin hole your hose....
Old 09-15-2019, 04:41 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Bumper squeeze

Thanks to all. So, what do you use to hold a cap on the end of the 6x6 fence post? Do you seal it or somehow vent it? Thanks in advance
Old 09-16-2019, 07:13 AM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
No need to seal. I drilled several 1" holes in the bottom of mine to let water out. I pop riveted a cap on one end after laying a bead of caulk inside the cap. (Caulk was used as glue), On the other end I made a "T" shaped plug to cap the end. I drilled through the fence post and wooden plug and put a long 1/4" bolt all the way through to anchor the end cap to the pipe while we are going down the road.

This has worked well for several trips and about 10K miles. I can send pics if needed.

Wally
Old 09-16-2019, 06:51 PM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
ok, look what I found. seems to have it all. we will see.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 09-16-2019, 09:57 PM   #13

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I've made three fence post sewer hose holders. I screw the cap on one end. The other end cap has two holes drilled top and bottom. I then take a heavy coat hanger wire with a loop on one end and place it vertically through both holes to secure the removable cap. That's two wires going from the top, down through the bottom of the post and cap, with a 1/4 inch hanging out the bottom.
I had to separate the vinyl post from the existing sewer holder with some old rubber strips, and screwed the vinyl to the existing sewer holder in the corners.
This set up has been good for thousands of miles, including Alaska and I-5.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:14 AM   #14
Weekend Roamer

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowriders View Post
ok, look what I found. seems to have it all. we will see.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I used one of those on the last RV that didn't have bumper storage and it worked well. Our ORV bumper needed flack/stuff knocked out and/or filed down to become worry free easy stinky slinky storage.