Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2015, 04:42 PM   #1

Creekside 23DBS issues

This weekend we were partially dry camping on a friend's property. The first issue is minor, the cold supply line to the outdoor sink got a little loose and water was running out from under the bunk. Tightened it back up, and no more water. Do need to get in under the bunk and be sure it's all dry now. The other issue does worry me a bit.

Our last time in it was at this same friend's property while hubby was re-roofing his barn. We stayed for 3-4 days, and used the grey water tank fairly frequently. Neither of us can recall dumping it before we left. Coming in, I thought I'd check and it said it was empty. We hooked up our hose, and there was water in it. There was also a green spot where the trailer was parked before we moved it. Gonna have it checked at the dealer just in case there is a leak...otherwise, is the sensor bad?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2015, 09:33 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We had the same problem with the fitting for the outdoor kitchen water line leaking. Ours lasted until the second trip. I pulled out the decking on the bottom bunk and tightened all of the other fittings while I was at it. The other problem that we are having is that the slide will rip the thermostat off the wall every time it is opened or closed. For now we can get it to open without hitting it if one of us puts all of our weight against it while the other one holds the button.
Wolfeman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:58 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
There is no problem if there is a "work-a-round" for it. That is the fix. Doesn't it say something about the 2 man slide in the owners manual.?
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:23 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I've never had any luck with the sensors. In this ORV trailer or my old one.

My Fresh water sensor sort of works. Black water sensor is useless and grey water is "maybe". I porta-dump the grey water whenever I guess it to be necessary. We can gauge our usage pretty well. To check the black water tank, I turn off the water (pump or at the faucet) and peer down the toilet with a flash light.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:41 AM   #5

Thanks for all the info. I'd read about sensors being not dependable, but having never had any sort of tank before, I'd hoped they would work until we got a sense of use and capacity.

We haven't had a single problem with the slide and the thermostat, that's really weird.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:14 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The slide worked fine the first few times we used it. We came back from a weekend trip and opened the slide to unload the trailer and it ripped it off the wall. I have checked everything on the slide to include the gaps on both sides and nothing seems to be out of alignment. It's kind of frustrating as we have a few more trips scheduled before I can get it in to a dealer to be looked at. Also as far as the tank gauges go. Our black and fresh water are reversed. I know it's a simple fix, but still frustrated that it didn't get caught before it left factory or dealer. Other than that we love this trailer. The floor plan and size of the trailer were big selling points for us. We just wish they would have offered the same floor plan in a timber ridge or higher trim level.
Wolfeman82 is offline   Reply With Quote