Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2017, 10:02 PM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
The Camping World in Idaho Falls said if we bought from them, there would be zero issue getting any warranty issues done at the Camping World in our Midwestern state. I called them a few weeks back and talked to both the GM and service writer at our Midwestern CW.

"Sorry, there is no way we will ever touch a Timber Ridge" So who is blowing smoke?

I did stop at Stalkups in Casper and talked to Allen...Was real nice...I would still call it a smaller dealer. They only had the Titanmium Series in the floorplan we like.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2017, 09:22 AM   #16

See, I thought camping world just did general RV service...I didn't realize they only serviced brands that they sold. We are in Oklahoma and will be buying a Creekside 20FQ in the next 12 months. We bought our current trailer from the manufacturer in Texas knowing that warranty work COULD be an issue, but the drive to Texas isn't very far, and our trailer is very easy to do DIY work on. Being at least 10 hours from the dealer with a new trailer that is a little more complicated makes me nervous. I am looking forward to hearing your experiences.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:36 PM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfleton View Post
See, I thought camping world just did general RV service...I didn't realize they only serviced brands that they sold. We are in Oklahoma and will be buying a Creekside 20FQ in the next 12 months. We bought our current trailer from the manufacturer in Texas knowing that warranty work COULD be an issue, but the drive to Texas isn't very far, and our trailer is very easy to do DIY work on. Being at least 10 hours from the dealer with a new trailer that is a little more complicated makes me nervous. I am looking forward to hearing your experiences.
If you buy Creekside 20 FQ from a dealer elsewhere you'll still be able to have it serviced and any dealer willing to do the work. They only have to make application to outdoors RV . The application is basically an agreement to their hourly shop rate. To procedure they do simply by faxing a form and then fax it back. In my case I will do all the work myself anyways.
ModestMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:44 PM   #18

Very happy with how we were treated by Rangitch in Missoula Mt when we ordered our Creekside in 2014. Straight forward on price. No BS and a terrific PDI. I have also dealt with Gardners in Kalispell, but not GreatFalls. I would not hesitate to deal with them either.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:00 PM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We live just east of Austin and purchased our Blackstone 260rdsw from Lassen RV in Albany, OR. The dealer was fantastic from sales to service. Had a couple of warranty issues. One with A/C and found a local mobile guy in Austin. Lassen was very responsive and contacted the repair guy and all work handled smoothly. Also had a couple of other issues which ORV handled, again direct with the repair place I was dealing with. No out of pocket except trip charge. I've since found a closer mobile repair place and an independent rv repair shop. I don't feel that not having a dealer was necessary and in fact may have been a benefit.

Good luck. We are enjoying ours and glad when made the trip up to get it.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:01 PM   #20

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We bought from Camping World in Idaho Falls, got a great deal by the way. When I called my local CW I was told they are not certified to do warranty work on an ORV trailer but would be more than happy to work on it after warranty. When I called back to Idaho Falls CW and told him, he took the local CW service managers name/number and called him to explain how ORV works. I am not concerned as we also have a good independant service place that said they would work on it.
2015 Ram 2500 6.4/4:10
2021 Back Country 24KRS
Waunacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:04 PM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfleton View Post
I was referred to this thread by someone on another forum because we are considering a Creekside also. I have a question for you though, wulfleton. Did you look at Idle-time before deciding on Outdoors RV?

We want to visit their plant in Allen before making our decision. From all we've heard, they build a really solid trailer. But looking at the specs, they are heavier than the Outdoors models of similar length.
Graycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:14 PM   #22

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
I was referred to this thread by someone on another forum because we are considering a Creekside also. I have a question for you though, wulfleton. Did you look at Idle-time before deciding on Outdoors RV?

We want to visit their plant in Allen before making our decision. From all we've heard, they build a really solid trailer. But looking at the specs, they are heavier than the Outdoors models of similar length.

I didn't feel that they were even in the running. Half the holding tank capacity and half the insulation were huge issues.
ModestMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:50 AM   #23

Quote:

Our list of must-haves include a walk around queen, a large rear window, no more than 29 feet long, and "4 season-ish." Idle-time doesn't really hava floor plan that works for us, although it would be awesome to be able to buy locally. I haven't researched them enough to know about their insulation, ect simply because they don't have a floorplan that we like. It would be great to visit them, though....let us know how it goes!

To the OP: We are looking forward to hearing what you decide. Happy hunting!

And to everyone else, thanks for your input on remote service.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:04 AM   #24

Dealer recommendations

Yea this was a solid thread about service work when your away from the dealer...thanks everybody for the information
Sky1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:30 AM   #25

Quote:

Welcome Graycat. I took a look at the Idle-Time made by Allen Camper Mfg, and it does appear a bit better than the traditional "Elkhart" travel trailers, at first glance, but still falls a fair amount short of Outdoors RV.

If build weight is your benchmark, it appears Idle-Time uses all-wood framing in walls and roof which would be heavier. Outdoors RV has 2" thick aluminum walls, front, and back, with 5" thick wood trusses in the roof, which should make it lighter overall. The ORV heavy duty certified trailer frame is a real bonus as well, most everyone else uses a Lippert frame, or BAL (Winnebago) excellent frame, but still not sure it's a tough as the ORV.

Idle-time uses the aluminum siding and only offers fiberglass exterior walls as an option, ORV has high gloss fiberglass exterior walls as standard. I'd prefer supporting the local manufacturer too, if they offered an equal product. I still believe ORV is "building the better mousetrap" for now, hence folks are "beating a path to their door".

Have you watched through these yet? tells a good story.
ORV construction
https://youtu.be/Yfh_DXLo6l4

ORV mountain tough challenge
https://youtu.be/A3xtAH3_VAU
Normal_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:19 AM   #26

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtCamper View Post
Very happy with how we were treated by Rangitch in Missoula Mt when we ordered our Creekside in 2014. Straight forward on price. No BS and a terrific PDI. I have also dealt with Gardners in Kalispell, but not GreatFalls. I would not hesitate to deal with them either.

We bought thru Gardiner's in Great Falls, MT.

Josh, our salesperson was wonderful to work with. We were not looking forward to dealing with a 'salesman'. Josh was very laid back, let us take things in our stride. No pressure. No BS. 5 stars all the way.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:43 AM   #27

Thompson RV. They are very good.
Judster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:48 AM   #28

Thanks everyone for the great recommendations. I talked to several and went with Thompson. I appreciated all the input.
WTHNot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer