RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:35 PM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
It's not just length, some units have more girth. That can make it hard to maneuver in tight places also.

Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2019, 03:01 PM   #16

Outdoors RV Owners Club
H4x4, aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh!!!

Old 07-11-2019, 08:24 PM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Get the floorplan you want, 2' or 4' longer will not make much difference. Mine is 27' overall and I have not found anywhere I could not fit. There have been a couple shorter national park sites where I had to park sideways across the end of the site due to length but 3 or 4 feet less trailer would not have made any difference, I would still have had to park that way.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:05 AM   #18

The main issue I have with the 21KVS is the entry door is at the foot of the bed. There will always be some dirt or? tracked in when entering. If you're out camping and it's raining then the floor mat will be wet. If you get out of bed barefoot then you'll be walking over whatever's on the floor or mat.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 05:01 PM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We went from a 23dbs to a 27bhs total length is around 33’. I really haven’t noticed much difference in getting into campsites or in going down forest roads but we really love the added space. Really think about wet, rainy days when you are essentially stuck inside. The additional space comes in handy.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:25 PM   #20

Thank you everyone--seriously! Your input is truly appreciated! I've read all of your responses to my husband (well, almost all)--we are heading to La Grande for a factory tour next Monday, and will stop by a dealership that has both and spend some time sitting in each, envisioning storage and traffic patterns. The 21KVS is several thousand more and that will play into our decision as well. Now time to dive deep into researching options....of which we'll be able to afford a few more of if we go with the 18RBS...
SummerPerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:05 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerPerk View Post
Thank you everyone--seriously! Your input is truly appreciated! I've read all of your responses to my husband (well, almost all)--we are heading to La Grande for a factory tour next Monday, and will stop by a dealership that has both and spend some time sitting in each, envisioning storage and traffic patterns. The 21KVS is several thousand more and that will play into our decision as well. Now time to dive deep into researching options....of which we'll be able to afford a few more of if we go with the 18RBS...
We have a 2019 21KVS-T. We have camped for over 20 years with a trailer that was 21' overall length, so the 21KVS was a big increase with regard to fitting into favorite National Park spots. But we are very glad we made the switch. Those back windows aren't just beneficial when you are in the kitchen- they light up the whole trailer, and allow views from everywhere. Both of the other trailers we considered, including the 21RD, felt like sitting in a cave by comparison. As for upper cabinets, we are glad to be rid of them. There is PLENTY of cabinet space in the KVS; upper cabinets eliminate large windows and necessitate a cheesy, underpowered stove hood fan. If you like to cook like we do, the choice is clear. Regarding the front door, it is a BIG plus for safety. If faced with a fire situation at 2 AM, you can easily bail directly out the door, dog in tow.
STEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:55 AM   #22

Sten! Thank you so much for sharing your experience w/the 21KVS. Itís exactly what Iíve been looking for and needing to hear. The ORV interiors are beautiful but do feel a bit dark to me, so Iím glad you specifically brought that up. Weíll spend some time closely looking at and sitting in both models on Monday, and then we have a 4 hour drive home to hash it out and make our final decision...
SummerPerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:01 PM   #23

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEN View Post
We have a 2019 21KVS-T. We have camped for over 20 years with a trailer that was 21' overall length, so the 21KVS was a big increase with regard to fitting into favorite National Park spots. But we are very glad we made the switch. Those back windows aren't just beneficial when you are in the kitchen- they light up the whole trailer, and allow views from everywhere. Both of the other trailers we considered, including the 21RD, felt like sitting in a cave by comparison. As for upper cabinets, we are glad to be rid of them. There is PLENTY of cabinet space in the KVS; upper cabinets eliminate large windows and necessitate a cheesy, underpowered stove hood fan. If you like to cook like we do, the choice is clear. Regarding the front door, it is a BIG plus for safety. If faced with a fire situation at 2 AM, you can easily bail directly out the door, dog in tow.
Went back and looked at the 21KVS layout again. Another nice feature is the two large bedroom windows. The trailer really does have a lot of windows.

So I guess there's a Fantastic fan in the kitchen ceiling instead of a hood fan over the range.

And there must be a lot of cupboard space under that huge counter. My wife prefers under-cupboards but I prefer over. Something to do with our relative heights I guess.

Anyway, if we were looking to downsize, this one would be high on our list.

brulaz is online now   Reply With Quote