Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2017, 10:49 AM   #1

East Coast Outdoors RV Rally

So why is it the Rallies are only on the west coast? Is it time to consider a East Coast version? More and more units are making there way east and just think about a New England lobster bake.
Santana is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2017, 10:56 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santana View Post
So why is it the Rallies are only on the west coast? Is it time to consider a East Coast version? More and more units are making there way east and just think about a New England lobster bake.
The vast majority of them are sold to the western USA and western Canada. Also, the rally is organized by ORV and they attend. I recently read that ORV will no longer do repairs at the rally.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:05 AM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Sounds great! We’re heading to Newport RI, Maine and then to the Canadian Maritimes this summer. We would love to help start a rally!
ModestMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:58 AM   #4

I would love a rally on the East Coast. New York here, and we love our Timber Ridge 280RKS.
hikermom718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:51 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Quote:
Great idea!

All that is needed is an organizing leader. I'm sure volunteers would step forward to help and ORV Manufacturing would, to the extent they can, support the initiative.

If you want any attendees from the "west", September might be good to give them (us) time to get home before the weather goes south, so to speak.

Our calendar for September is currently open!

Bob
IdahoBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:10 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Rally

How about somewhere between west and eastern US like upper Michigan in late August or early September? Anywhere from Traverse City to Mackinac is absolutely beautiful that time of year with lots of campgrounds to chose from. Indigo Bluffs Resort and Campground near Empire is one of the best and hosts multiple rallies there each year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170617_132103.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	185222   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170617_195703.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	489.3 KB
ID:	185223  

gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:56 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfarmcafe View Post
How about somewhere between west and eastern US like upper Michigan in late August or early September? Anywhere from Traverse City to Mackinac is absolutely beautiful that time of year with lots of campgrounds to chose from. Indigo Bluffs Resort and Campground near Empire is one of the best and hosts multiple rallies there each year.
I hereby nominate "gfarmcafe" to lead and coordinate the First Annual Mid-West East Coast ORV Rally (FAMWECORVR). Alternatively, East of the Continental Divide ORV Rally (EOTCDORVR)

Who is going to second that nomination?

Mr. Wonderful
Old 12-10-2017, 04:06 AM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBob View Post
I hereby nominate "gfarmcafe" to lead and coordinate the First Annual Mid-West East Coast ORV Rally (FAMWECORVR). Alternatively, East of the Continental Divide ORV Rally (EOTCDORVR)

Who is going to second that nomination?

Mr. Wonderful
Perhaps we should continue to hear from those interested in the attendance to the proposed rally before placing a pin on the map? Besides, I just can’t get my head around telling folks from Montana and Wyoming they’re actually easterners.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:13 PM   #9

I retire in August so...I would love to see something in the Midwest or east coast. Maybe big enough place that you don't have to reserve a space a year ahead.
Blackbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:32 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We would be interested in attending, depending on date picked of coarse. We already have next summers trips planned and reserved. Would love to meet other ORV owners that post on this forum in person. You know - put a face to the name.
2015 Ram 2500 6.4/4:10
2021 Back Country 24KRS
Waunacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:41 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModestMonk View Post
Perhaps we should continue to hear from those interested in the attendance to the proposed rally before placing a pin on the map? Besides, I just can’t get my head around telling folks from Montana and Wyoming they’re actually easterners.
To paraphrase George Washington (or was it Pierre Trudeau?), "You can please some of the folks some of the time, but none of the folks all the time.".

Someone pick a time and place and see who comes. ORV Mfg had only 10 or 12 rigs at their first Campout and it was a roaring success, even with much cold and rain.

Mr. W
Old 12-11-2017, 01:50 PM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yes, calling MT to be in the "midwest", is funny!! But then, Minnesota, Wisc, the Dakotas, etc are also called the "midwest", kinda thought they were the central part of the country!!! Don't hear of a "mideast", at least in this country!!! But I digress, and plead guilty to thread hijacking!!

It would be neat and lots of fun travel to have something like this in the central part of the country. Being originally from MN, know of lots of beautiful camping in the whole "midwest" area!! Will keep watching!!
2003 Excursion XLT V10 4:30 Axles
DualCam HP 450W Roof Solar/320W Portable
Tuquala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:01 PM   #13

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We’re heading out west in August for an extended trip. I was out this last June/July picking up the ORV in Washington, enjoyed the trip. The DW wants to make the trip and see the Bears Ears etc before the billboards and pit mining take over. Upper Michigan and Minnesota were lovely. We’re open to something that will hold everyone’s attention over the years.

Just keep in mind Sturgis is the first week in August.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:29 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We traveled 4500 miles to purchase our TR back in Oct. Usually a rally would have to be planned a year out, as here for the IRV2 national rallies. Right now I'm in the process of reserving my 2018 camping spots. Heading to the New England states mid Aug thru Oct 1.

In the early years of IRV2 (Bill R. / Warpath years 2000-2008) we did regional camp-outs that attracted 6-12 RV families. Mostly the Western PA. / OH. area. We would try to make it centralized for all involved and usually ended up near the OH. PA. border. Very informal, usually we would designate a "Wagon Master" and he would contact a few campgrounds to see if they could "hold" a number of sites. One of the nights we would have a local restaurants reserved, one of the afternoons the wives would do a shopping trip.

I can suggest some Midwestern / Eastern locations:

~ Cook Forest State Park (Ridge Campground) located in NW. PA. (Exit 62 on I-80) Nice level electric sites, a few full service sites, great hiking, canoeing area. Nice local restaurant to hold a dinner (Farmers Inn). About 15 miles north of I-80 on good roads. Area known for the largest old growth Hemlock forest east of the Mississippi. (alternative in that area is a private campground called Kalyumet 5 miles from the state park)

~ The Mohican / Loudenville in NE / Central Ohio known as the canoeing capital of the Midwest and also a very popular Amish shopping region. There is the Mohican State Park campground or about 10 or so private campgrounds. Nice local restaurant Des Dutch Essenhaus

~ Cutty's Sunset located 10 miles east of Akron Ohio. Nicely run private campground, close to famous Hartsville Flea Market and Hartsville Kitchen Amish Restaurant. Football Hall of Fame close by.

~ Laurel Hill State Park SW. PA about 10-15 miles off the PA. Turnpike. Under used state park offering one of the nicest state park beaches anywhere. Hilly campground, but sites are generally very level with good electric. Close to 7-Springs Resort, a lot of hiking in the area. Area restaurant called Oakhurst Grille.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
east coast, door, rally, doors, outdoor