Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2018, 09:25 AM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entry Door Opening Glass

Hi everyone. Our 250RLSW is a super unit. Still giddy when I get inside lol. One thing that really bugs me though is the fact that I have no opening window (other than the emerg exit window) in the master. My side is the entry door side. I have to have the window open when I sleep. Just love the sound of the outdoors....or someone sneakin around my stuff! Complicated to replace the picture window that's there, but apparently the glass in the master exterior door can be replaced with an opening one. The one that I found can be had thru Camping World. It's an Edwin Entry Door Glass from Duncan Systems. Anyone have any experience with this company or the actual glass itself? Any advice? Did a thread on this quite awhile ago, but things change. Thanks all!
jimmystoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2018, 10:51 AM   #2

The first time I had seen such a window was on a rig next to us last summer. It was on a second entrance door as well so I suspect it was put in there for some added ventilation. I'd ask around at some RV parts dealers as it quite likely available to many of them. If the price was reasonable the only thing that would stop me from buying one is if it wasn't screened. That I didn't notice.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:50 AM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sumtin View Post
The first time I had seen such a window was on a rig next to us last summer. It was on a second entrance door as well so I suspect it was put in there for some added ventilation. I'd ask around at some RV parts dealers as it quite likely available to many of them. If the price was reasonable the only thing that would stop me from buying one is if it wasn't screened. That I didn't notice.
Yes it would have to be screened, that's for sure!
Old 03-17-2018, 01:41 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Some large RV repair facilities have clever fabricators on staff who can do window and door modifications. Particularly if you can find a photo of another model of your unit (or another brand) that has what you want to do to yours.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:47 AM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig36 View Post
Some large RV repair facilities have clever fabricators on staff who can do window and door modifications. Particularly if you can find a photo of another model of your unit (or another brand) that has what you want to do to yours.
Yes it seems I'm the only one with this idea lol. Was hoping to get some response here on this ORV site about others and what they have done. I can't be the only one with a Wind River that wants to have an opening window in the bedroom! Anyways, I have talked with a local RV facility that sells ORV's up here. Easy to talk to, very nice people. But it's an expensive endeavor that's for sure. I have to order the window separately through ORV, have it sent up here to me, and then see if the facility 'can' make it look good and flawless. Too many steps and hurdles for me unfortunately. Might be different if I was south of the border, less hassle? It also won't have the frameless look either. The slider in the entry door is more of a guaranteed outcome. And probably a quarter of the price of the bedroom window for about the same opening glass.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:33 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I "swear" that I saw a couple of Blackstones a year or two ago that had opening glass in the door windows. Looked like frameless with bottom opening style just like the rest of glass. Won't say that both doors had that, but I think so. Something to ask ORV aboot!!!
2003 Excursion XLT V10 4:30 Axles
DualCam HP 450W Roof Solar/320W Portable
Tuquala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 03:38 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
I just had my one piece windshield replaced and the glass came from Duncan. Appears to be very good and they recommended an installer that was experienced. Deductible was $1000.00
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:01 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFreyja View Post
I just had my one piece windshield replaced and the glass came from Duncan. Appears to be very good and they recommended an installer that was experienced. Deductible was $1000.00
and that's another reason I own a ORV trailer and not a motorhome.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:12 PM   #9

Check with the window manufacturer. I'm just guessing it's probably HEHR. Chances are you could replace both of the existing windows with opening units. We have two escape windows in our Arctic Fox 27-5L and both are screened and opening. Replacement is a very easy proposition for DIY or I'm sure your dealer would be happy to do it for you. I'm amazed they don't open. Poor design.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, entry door