RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-25-2017, 02:27 PM   #1

Hardwire 12v install weBoost 4G-X RV booster

Just purchased a new 2017 Outdoor RV Creekside 20FQ. Mountainside

I need advice on how to hard wire the optional hardwire 12v power supply adapter to the RV Awning switch. I paid an RV parts store / Repair center to do the install. They mounted the roof antennae, inside antennae and the Booster box inside my upper cabinet over the sink. The access panel to my Stereo/DVDplayer and Awnings switch and Trailer tank control panel is right there. The RV repair center said they tied it into the Awning Switch which they said was 12v. I posted a photo here to show what they did. They shared the same electric connector clip that the current wiring is using to connect to the Awing Switch. I measured it with my multi-meter at 12v perfect. So at least that is correct. But they also told me that the "hardwire 12v powersupply" that came with the weBoost was defective. 12v going in and no power coming out. I called WeBoost and they send me another one for free. Now I am about to replace the old one tonight. But I am wondering if the RV Repair shop made the right choice in "splicing in" the 12v hardwire powersupply to the Awning switch. Thoughts anyone?

In the Photo below you can see the backside of the Awing switch. The top two YELLOW terminal connectors are 12v pos and neg. I measured with multi-meter and confirmed that they are not reversed. Pos is pos and neg is neg.

weBoost Drive 4G-X RV Cell Phone Signal Booster for RVs
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N705CF3...=24OS6LCM846HY
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WeBoost-booster.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	166355   Click image for larger version

Name:	WeBoost-PS.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	324.9 KB
ID:	166356  

Click image for larger version

Name:	WeBoost-PS2.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	273.7 KB
ID:	166357  

stylinlp38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2017, 05:12 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Not the greatest to connect to a switched circuit. I would connect to something that is hot when the disconnect is on, regardless of its switches.

Normally the white wire is hot, and ground is the green wire. RV wiring is different color code compared to an automobile.

I'd be sure before attempting this again. They may blame the next one on you. Hook it up to power, and test the center connector to be sure it shows positive voltage, before you plug it into the device.

Best luck.

egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 05:46 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
That little 12V to 6V WILSON Converter looks like the one we had for our Wilson cell phone amp. It burned out after a year and I hard-wired in a higher amperage replacement. This one IIRC: https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Conver.../dp/B01CUA4LQQ

Sorry, can't help with the awning switch.

Good luck!
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:37 PM   #4

I assume that the 12v pos a d neg going to the awning switch is hot all the time. When I measured it with the awning switch turned off I got a perfect 12v. I'm also going to wire in a on/off switch so I can turn off the weboost 2hen I'm not using it. Better than pulling the power cable out of the booster over and over until it breaks eventually
stylinlp38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install