Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:40 PM   #1
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Having our own Outdoors RV Forum

Regarding having are own forum...here is what is needed to get one going per IRV2.
So when posting please ensure,if you can, to make it Outdoors RV specific...unless someone want to create a forum.

Thanks Bob for your update and your efforts so far.

Coops
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The best suggestion I can offer is to try and recruit your fellow Outdoors RV owners to post regarding Outdoors RVs specifically.

There needs to be a sufficient number of brand specific posts over a period of time to justify and sustain a new forum.

Posts that would be more appropriate in other forums, not being brand specific, such as refrigerator issues, tires, air conditioners, etc. are not considered as justification for a new forum as they are common to all RV brands."

Kind Regards, Dirk
The Social Knowledge Support Team

Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2014, 07:31 AM   #2

[QUOTE=Lac;2163471]
"The best suggestion I can offer is to try and recruit your fellow Outdoors RV owners to post regarding Outdoors RVs specifically.

There needs to be a sufficient number of brand specific posts over a period of time to justify and sustain a new forum.

Posts that would be more appropriate in other forums, not being brand specific, such as refrigerator issues, tires, air conditioners, etc. are not considered as justification for a new forum as they are common to all RV brands."

Kind Regards, Dirk
The Social Knowledge Support Team

Good. These criteria should reduce the amount of "Outdoors RV" posts in the travel trailer forum.

Bruce

nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:39 AM   #3

I say good lord just give 'em their own forum so they'll quit hijacking the whole forum with gratuitous orv post just to run up the numbers.... Once they get their own orv forum and no longer have a need to manufacture excessive posts it'll just wither away...
L.C.Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:19 AM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
There is no need to prefix posts with "Outdoors RV".

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.C.Gray View Post
I say good lord just give 'em their own forum so they'll quit hijacking the whole forum with gratuitous orv post just to run up the numbers.... Once they get their own orv forum and no longer have a need to manufacture excessive posts it'll just wither away...
x2.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
There is no need to prefix posts with "Outdoors RV".
When this issue started, an iRV2 administrator whose advice I solicited, told me to have our owners indicate our brand in the subject line of our posts. I then posted his suggestions. In response "JohnRR-Community Administrator" posted "Great suggestions."

So, until otherwise officially directed, it seems we should continue to include "OutdoorsRV" in our subject line whenever the post is specific to OutdoorsRV products. That certainly helps everyone to focus on their RV brand interests.

Bob
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:42 PM   #7

Interesting... I took OutdoorsRV to refer to RV's that were outdoors and wondered what the big deal was. ;-))
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBob View Post
So, until otherwise officially directed, it seems we should continue to include "OutdoorsRV" in our subject line whenever the post is specific to OutdoorsRV products. That certainly helps everyone to focus on their RV brand interests.
We have folks that think similar to this in one of my other hobbies and frequently engage in what we call "the color war". They have a very brand specific focus rather than embrace the hobby as a whole. That being said.... How many John Deeres do you have?
Old 08-03-2014, 08:07 AM   #9

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.C.Gray View Post
We have folks that think similar to this in one of my other hobbies and frequently engage in what we call "the color war". They have a very brand specific focus rather than embrace the hobby as a whole. That being said.... How many John Deeres do you have?
The whole idea is brand specific as there are quite a few forums that are brand specific. These are listed as "Owner's Forums".

There is no reason why us owners of Outdoors RV products can not have our own Owner's Forum.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #10
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Well since I started this I will comment in the spirit of open communication and with the deepest respect.
First thanks to all for your comments. I can hear the passion regarding this topic through you comments and words like "high jack" "get their own" "excessive posts" "wither away". However the comment I found most interesting and a little disturbing is "colour war". It is my sincere hope and pray it has nothing to do with a racial slur. I hope I haven't misinterpreted the words so please accept my sincere appologizes if I have. The written word can be interpreted in many different ways and can be taken out of context.
In saying that for those who made comments and others. I ask for your assistance and support in the formation all of a separate OutdoorsRV owners forum.
Please take the time and efforts to assist us...it will be truly appreciated.
Respectively submitted.
Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:48 AM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have the most respect for any decisions that the moderators have here at IRV2. But regarding the formation of an OutdoorsRV owners forum within IRV2, we are a growing number of owners as Outdoors is at full production and adding more production ability to their factory. We just had our first owners rally and the next one is being planned. The brand encompasses from entry level to the top level in trailers. There are a few companies on the owners forum that are no longer made and have not been made for a few years now. While the number of owners might be many, they are not growing.
The owners of OutdoorsRV trailers will continue to be here at IRV2 for many years no matter what decisions are made as to an owners forum.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:37 PM   #12
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
That's OK to continue posting that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBob View Post
When this issue started, an iRV2 administrator whose advice I solicited, told me to have our owners indicate our brand in the subject line of our posts. I then posted his suggestions. In response "JohnRR-Community Administrator" posted "Great suggestions."

Bob

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
However the comment I found most interesting and a little disturbing is "colour war". It is my sincere hope and pray it has nothing to do with a racial slur. I hope I haven't misinterpreted the words so please accept my sincere appologizes if I have.
Absolutely has nothing to do with race at all.

I'm also an antique tractor collector. The color war refers to how the typical owners of one of the green brands just can't seem to get along with any of the other brand colors at an event while all the other brands and colors get along just fine. Those green guys are the ones that arrive and bring poles and ropes and cordon off a large area and put up signs that say "green tractor parking only" and segregate themselves away from all those "other" tractors.
That's the kinda vibe that all this orv stuff has hit me with from the start.

I kinda see us all as RV'ers first and foremost and while I see some reasoning for divisions of the forums by different types (mh, 5er, tt, etc) for the unique things they might encompass, but at the end of the day they're all RVs and we're all RV'ers and 95+% of what we all go through is about the same and we can share and learn from all. I can't see that we need such further divisions by a brand to the point that it could become cliquish.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:26 PM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Outdoors RV Maybe a suggestion

Just as a thought maybe we should all post in the Title Line our make or model number and a few words as to what our post is about. There are some very knowledgable people on this forum and we should be tapping their brains to carry that information forward. I've only had my Timber Ridge since May 1st, 2014 and I have a huge learning curve taking place right now (can someone please send me a PM and tell me how to get antifreeze into the sani flush system on my Timber Ridge?). Previous to this camper I had a Kodiak 242RESL, I noticed a post on here from someone looking for info on that trailer and I gave him everything I had. I received a very nice personal post after that saying he was very thankful for my letter and asked if he could call again on me if he needed my help. It felt good to help someone else. I can't help those of you with motorhomes - sorry - and having your unit make in the title line would help me sort out the ones I can help or not help. I think we are all RV'ers for a reason and thus have something to share.
Everyone please take a moment to read my signature and let's get going helping each other.