Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2018, 03:34 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Holding Tank Sewer Flex Hose Storage

What is the best way to store the 3, 10 foot Flex Sewer Hoses? The nifty square rear bumper storage is too small to store the hose with fittings attached (unless I'm doing something wrong). I have been collapsing it the best I can and putting it along with the various fittings into a large plastic storage container in the pass through. Any suggestions?
Island Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2018, 03:47 PM   #2

Foretravel Owners Club
Take a fitting with you and visit Loews or Home Depot. match up with a round or square plastic fence post(s). attach the posts to the frame rails under the RV with end caps...
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Take a fitting with you and visit Loews or Home Depot. match up with a round or square plastic fence post(s). attach the posts to the frame rails under the RV with end caps...

Home Depot has 5" Sq PVC fence post covers & caps
I used this for ladder storage but can easily be used for hose.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ladder Storage 3.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	227944   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ladder Storage 5.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	262.8 KB
ID:	227945  

Winemaker2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 04:33 PM   #4

I have 3 of the 5x5 fence post covers under the front of this one......1 for a 7' ladder, other two for sewer hoses with fittings attached......this 5'er has a propane line line running full length down the pass side.....so wanting to keep those as high as possible, I notched each cover to let it straddle the line......by doing that, there was no need about how to keep them from sliding out going down the highways........I also carry 3 lengths of vinyl gutter to use with my adjustable sewer hose stands....you can bend up some aluminum flat bar for brackets and attach those to the frame....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:41 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My RhinoFlex fits fine. Just one end has a fitting attached. That end goes in last and needs to rotate slightly to get it inside the bumper.
infowars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Ranger View Post
I have been collapsing it the best I can and putting it along with the various fittings into a large plastic storage container in the pass through.
That's all I've been doing.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:52 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My hose has the bayonet type fittings on it and fits just fine in the bumper. The only fitting I use is an elbow and it easily detaches and fits in a small plastic box I keep in the pass through.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:14 AM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I've just been putting our three 10 footers in a heavy duty garbage bag and stow them in the outside storage bin in the slide out... but some good ideas here.
Onetigger725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:47 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Ranger View Post

I have been collapsing it the best I can and putting it along with the various fittings into a large plastic storage container in the pass through.

That's what we do too. Along with all the other waste and porta-tank related stuff.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:55 AM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My Rhinoflex fits in the back bumper although it is a little tight at times. I do have to align the fittings to fit the square bumper but the edges on the Rhinoflex are square. I filed the edges down a it in an effort to make it a little easier to push in.
spogdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:19 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Got the TT home and went to tuck the Rhino away and it wouldn't fit. Later discovered the bumper edges just needed some flack filed away and now it fits fine (as spogdog just mentioned). FWIW... I made a 3D printed end cap that is held in place with strong magnets.

Bumper is for dumper's stinky slinky storage! Mine have been that way since like forever until our previous RV without bumper storage (OMG what were they thinking). Anyway, that one got a pre-made hose tube mounted under the chassis eliminating the need for a nasty wet hose in its storage dump bay. The ready to mount RV tube was totally worth a couple extra bucks over fence parts IMO!
Old 12-04-2018, 09:45 PM   #12

Our Rhino hose fits in the bumper as long as the end piece is aligned correctly. I tied a short piece of cord to the end to make it easier to pull out.
John Pattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCreek View Post
Got the TT home and went to tuck the Rhino away and it wouldn't fit. Later discovered the bumper edges just needed some flack filed away and now it fits fine (as spogdog just mentioned). FWIW... I made a 3D printed end cap that is held in place with strong magnets.

Bumper is for dumper's stinky slinky storage! Mine have been that way since like forever until our previous RV without bumper storage (OMG what were they thinking). Anyway, that one got a pre-made hose tube mounted under the chassis eliminating the need for a nasty wet hose in its storage dump bay. The ready to mount RV tube was totally worth a couple extra bucks over fence parts IMO!
Hope you never go to a campground that requires more hose length then what the factory tube will carry
Old 12-04-2018, 10:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pattee View Post
Our Rhino hose fits in the bumper as long as the end piece is aligned correctly. I tied a short piece of cord to the end to make it easier to pull out.
If you camp a lot, and dump your tanks often, let us know how long your hose lasts.........take a good light and take a look inside of the bumper.....

Tags
storage, tank