Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2018, 11:07 AM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Late to the Party

Hi All,
Having just stumbled upon this forum, it's just the group for which I have been looking.

I recently read the invitation by superslif to attend a gathering at Cook's Forest SP in western PA, and lusting after a Blackstone 260RLS, my wife and I decided to join in. We've reserved site #83 for the weekend.

We're excited to meet and hope to be invited to check out some ORV trailers. I'm also curious about the long distance buying process as we're living in Greenville SC.

The plan/more correctly dream is to pick up the new trailer on the way to Alaska in late April next year.

See y'all within a month if all goes as planned.
kcfissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2018, 02:09 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
I recently read the invitation by superslif to attend a gathering at Cook's Forest SP in western PA, and lusting after a Blackstone 260RLS, my wife and I decided to join in. We've reserved site #83 for the weekend.
When I do the next campsite update I'll add ya to the list. What dates are you there ? I posted our rally's tentative schedule this morning. Check hear for the ORV / IRV2 Eastern Rally (Cook Forest SP.)

Quote:
We're excited to meet and hope to be invited to check out some ORV trailers. I'm also curious about the long distance buying process as we're living in Greenville SC.
We were in the same boat 18 months ago. Were in NE. Ohio. During our Yellowstone trip last May, we stopped at ORV dealers in ID. and WY. Once my wife saw the Timber Ridge 24 rks, she said "this is the one". Got quotes from both dealers (not very good quotes). Once home found that Thompson RV in eastern OR. got great reviews from a bunch of other buyer's of ORV products here on IRV2. In the end they were my best price. The easiest transaction ever for a new RV. They just happened to have the unit we wanted in stock, put down a deposit and drove the 4500 miles RT to pick it up. We had been looking for a "quality" RV trailer for 18 months.

We'll be heading to Alaska next May too as long as "fuel" prices don't go crazy.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:14 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Great choice and welcome to the family!
Onetigger725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:21 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
You're never late to the party around here!
from WA State.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:03 AM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcfissel View Post
Hi All,
Having just stumbled upon this forum, it's just the group for which I have been looking.

The plan/more correctly dream is to pick up the new trailer on the way to Alaska in late April next year.

See y'all within a month if all goes as planned.
howdy neighbor looking forward to meeting you!
ModestMonk is offline   Reply With Quote