Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2018, 09:27 AM   #1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCreek View Post
Almost went camping but a friend was in town and came over to tinker in the garage with me. Got a wireless backup camera, that displays on the GPS, mounted and calibrated. Printed a wire cover under the tongue mount where I put in a bright LED to tell me the camera is on and a push button switch for on/off. Also printed, in white ABS, a shrouded mount for the camera. Plus got the see-through door window mounted with built in shade, like previous posts. It's near perfect match to the other windows and nice to see out the door glass!
Where did you get that clear door glass?
jayman_1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2018, 03:08 PM   #1080

Outdoors RV Owners Club
From a previous post:
There is a trailer parts called Arrow Trailer in So cal that has deep tinted window glass. I replaced both of mine. They match the dark tint of the rest. Take off all the screws on the inside frame. Get some of that grey putty stuff. Helps to have some help but if not some masking tape will hold things in place for assembly.
__________________They are about $20 now. I think they will ship them.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:05 PM   #1081

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Microwave Cupboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid_o View Post
Before with Microwave which we only used for carrying bread.
After with more cupboard space to carry bread and much more.
Neat idea. Where did you get a matching cupboard door? Thanks!

ODRV Creek Side 23RKS
DWeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:50 AM   #1082

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman_1975 View Post
Where did you get that clear door glass?
The window I got was the full frame replacement by AP Products with Slim Shade. Can't remember who I ordered it from or who was cheapest at the time

I do still have the install instructions link: http://approducts.net/PDFs/instructi...stallFINAL.pdf
Old 09-20-2018, 07:36 PM   #1083
R.B

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I cleaned up the lower wiring junction as best I could using a couple other posts here as inspiration. The larger wires that are visible are for the inverter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cleaned up, Capped.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	360.8 KB
ID:	219868  
R.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:29 AM   #1084

Outdoors RV Owners Club
MorRyde CRE3000 w wet bolts

Got jealous at the East Coast Rally seeing all the ORVs with the MorRyde systems. Then I got worried reading about the junk plastic bushings in OEM axles. Our suspension on the Glacier Peak was making too much noise to my liking, so bought and installed the CRE 3000 with wet bolts. Sure enough, the plastic bushings were worn through, allowing the bolts to shift around. The install was fairly easy (YouTube helped). Took a 250 mile trip on secondary roads to test it. What a difference! Smoother towing, less jostling of stuff in cabinets & refrigerator. If you are thinking about this upgrade, I highly recommend it.
Cornbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 11:36 AM   #1085

Document document document!

Not sure this counts as a "Mod"....

Got tired of what direction the plumbing valves should be....

For some reason the photo posted upside down, but you get the idea....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180929_112731.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	220898  
justdennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:28 PM   #1086

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbinder View Post
Got jealous at the East Coast Rally seeing all the ORVs with the MorRyde systems. Then I got worried reading about the junk plastic bushings in OEM axles. Our suspension on the Glacier Peak was making too much noise to my liking, so bought and installed the CRE 3000 with wet bolts. Sure enough, the plastic bushings were worn through, allowing the bolts to shift around. The install was fairly easy (YouTube helped). Took a 250 mile trip on secondary roads to test it. What a difference! Smoother towing, less jostling of stuff in cabinets & refrigerator. If you are thinking about this upgrade, I highly recommend it.
Cornbinder, where do you get your parts from just an axle dealer?
jimmystoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 08:40 AM   #1087

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbinder View Post

Cornbinder, thanks for alerting me (us) to this, but could you please provide more info, especially a pic or two. I have a GP with MorRyde hitch pin, but I am not figuring out what you are talking about. Is it the axle suspension system? Plastic sleeves??? I am not understanding.

Thanks
Glen
altaclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 09:23 AM   #1088

The MorRyde CRE 3000 suspension replaces the stock suspension. Look between your tires and see what kind of suspension system is currently installed. My 2018 ORV 280RKS mountain came with the wet bolt kit. If you see a blue equalizer with MorRyde CRE 3000 in installed then you are good, if not you can order the kit from Amazon and do it yourself, or find some one that is mechanically inclined. The fix is easy, you just need the right tools. Luckily my buddy has a shop with an air compressor making the suspension bolts removal easy and fast.

I did this to my Nash 23D and was surprised at how worn or almost non existing the stock bushings had become after 15k miles. Wet bolt kits are beyond far superior than stock equaflex nylon bushings.
ktn1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 04:12 PM   #1089
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Changed out my factory installed joy rider equilizer with the CRE 3000 as well as the old shackle bolts with new wet bolts with brass bushings and larger shackles.

The old bushings were shot. I put on between 5000 to 6000 miles a year on the trailer.

Since I have an existing rubber equilizer and the trailer is equipped with shocks it’s difficult to say the trailer tows smoother with the new CRE 3000. I know having shocks on the trailer makes a significant difference in ride compared to my previous non shocked trailer.

The old bushings looked liked pieces of plastic material and were deteriorating.

I replaced my tires last year with Maxxis 8008.

Was this a good investment compared to installing shocks or buying new better grade tires...my first choice is and will alway be to replace tires with the best tires I can afford..because that’s where the rubber meets the road. Then install shocks.
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:25 AM   #1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
Changed out my factory installed joy rider equilizer with the CRE 3000 as well as the old shackle bolts with new wet bolts with brass bushings and larger shackles.

The old bushings were shot. I put on between 5000 to 6000 miles a year on the trailer.

Since I have an existing rubber equilizer and the trailer is equipped with shocks it’s difficult to say the trailer tows smoother with the new CRE 3000. I know having shocks on the trailer makes a significant difference in ride compared to my previous non shocked trailer.

The old bushings looked liked pieces of plastic material and were deteriorating.

I replaced my tires last year with Maxxis 8008.

Was this a good investment compared to installing shocks or buying new better grade tires...my first choice is and will alway be to replace tires with the best tires I can afford..because that’s where the rubber meets the road. Then install shocks.
Lac,

Nice write up on your new CRE 3000 suspension.

Where did you pick it up? Price? Is the wet bolt kit separate from the CRE 3000?

Thanks

Dave
2016 Creekside 23RKS 490W solar, 2000W Xantrex inverter, 4 GC2 batteries 450AH, 2016 F350 CC SB diesel 4x4, Cooper 275 R70 17 studded snows in winter, Michelin 245/75R 17 A/T2 the rest of the year. https://daveincoldstream.blogspot.ca
crosscheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:21 PM   #1091
R.B

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscheck View Post
Is the wet bolt kit separate from the CRE 3000?
Yes, it's a separate package.
R.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:03 PM   #1092
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Ordered from Amazon. Separate orders but arrived same day.
Great service. Shipping cost was included.
Found them cheaper in the USA even with currency exchange,however, they do not ship to Canada.
Never did check local RV stores

Labour took about 4 hours to remove old and install new ones. I think the shop rate was around $100.00 CDN per hour. That was pricy but worth it to me.

Add the tax to these amounts.

MORryde International Inc. CRE2-33 CRE/3000 SUnited Statespension System
Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc.
CDN$ 238.15

MORryde International Inc. UO12-016 Heavy Duty Shackle Kit
Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc.
CDN$ 144.10

Hope this helps

Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door