RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-07-2018, 03:13 PM   #1121

Undersink water filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid_o View Post
Before with Microwave which we only used for carrying bread.
After with more cupboard space to carry bread and much more.
Quote:
New water filter mounted under the counter and a filtered water tap installed in the kitchen sink.
We did the same thing in our 20fq. We used a Dualton 2 stage unit. Real nice to have good clean water without pitcher-type-filter on the counter or bottled water cluttering up the coach. There is no room in a 20fq for anything that doesn't need to be there and the water filter really helped us!

Vintage465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2018, 03:24 PM   #1122

Storage below the pantry

Quote:
More storage. I removed the panel below our pantry and found more empty space. So I closed off the back with paneling and put paneling on the sides. Put a curtain on the front and now we have a place to store our cleaning supplies.
I've been wandering what was down there! I was thinking of building some kind of laundry hamper there. Hoped to make some kind of giant sliding drawer for the hamper and putting some kind of matching raised panel cabinet door front on the face of it. Seeing the vent/drain pipe there sort shoots that idea out the door. I was also hoping to try and go back further to the wall too.

Vintage465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:49 PM   #1123

Backsplash mod

Wife wasn't thrilled with ORV logo on stove backsplash so about 550 pennies and some glue resulted in this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181120_230051.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	253.3 KB
ID:	228937  
rpeders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:11 PM   #1124

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Does your trailer lean over to that side now?
Old 12-13-2018, 09:24 PM   #1125

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpeders View Post
Wife wasn't thrilled with ORV logo on stove backsplash so about 550 pennies and some glue resulted in this.
Wow! That's quite a "change"!

Bob
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:53 PM   #1126

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Looks like it's worth about five bucks.
Rickeoni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:57 AM   #1127

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I like it!
That's some creative thinking. :-)
ioski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:01 AM   #1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
Does your trailer lean over to that side now?

Thanks for some good humor this Friday morning! I didn't check the dates on these pennies but I think the majority are the new zinc based composition so a bit lighter! LOL
rpeders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:43 PM   #1129
R.B

Outdoors RV Owners Club
This isnít a conventional mod but is an extension to the addition of a whole-trailer inverter, solar, and battery monitor. Victron equipment can have a data feed turned on, which I did and built a recorder for it. This allows me to have a much more detailed snapshot of the system state on demand and view historical data like how much solar I had at a certain place.

Iím still tinkering with it to improve the recording (e.g., thereís a gap on one of the charts), but itís going pretty well overall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1FDDAFFD-4DC8-48AE-A3AE-2C95A0A10D6F.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	229040  
R.B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:55 PM   #1130

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rpeders- You've added some real value now... Is that in 1/100 scale? What would it be like in quarter scale?
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 02:44 PM   #1131

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Looks good! I like it.
Old 12-15-2018, 04:04 PM   #1132

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.B View Post
This isnít a conventional mod but is an extension to the addition of a whole-trailer inverter, solar, and battery monitor. Victron equipment can have a data feed turned on, which I did and built a recorder for it. This allows me to have a much more detailed snapshot of the system state on demand and view historical data like how much solar I had at a certain place.

Iím still tinkering with it to improve the recording (e.g., thereís a gap on one of the charts), but itís going pretty well overall.
Pretty cool mod--

Are using a standard laptop, or is this dedicated mounted screen in the RV driven by what? Did you start with a display package or is this all custom built software? What software products, tools did you use?

I've also thought about doing something similar but have not gone far with any conceptual plans. This got me thinking again- thanks (maybe).
Old 12-16-2018, 01:44 AM   #1133
R.B

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear.nm View Post
Pretty cool mod--

Are using a standard laptop, or is this dedicated mounted screen in the RV driven by what? Did you start with a display package or is this all custom built software? What software products, tools did you use?

I've also thought about doing something similar but have not gone far with any conceptual plans. This got me thinking again- thanks (maybe).
At a bare minimum what I did requires some type of computer to be networked with the Victron core unit (either a Color Control GX or the screenless version of the same thing). This can be as simple as the two being connected to the same wireless.

The Victron unit only broadcasts the current data ó it has no historical data storage. The purpose of the computer is to record the data so I can have the ability to look at it historically. This is easy for me because I previously outfitted the trailer with some networking hardware so I can work on the road, and the dedicated computer is a small one Iím also using for other purposes. Something as basic as a Raspberry Pi would probably even be sufficient.

The display portion is a piece of open source software called Grafana. That is linked to the database, which is software called InfluxDB. I wrote some of my own code to connect to the Victron MQTT feed and save that in the database, but that is a pretty minor piece of the whole thing.
R.B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:45 AM   #1134

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sounds doable enough, I have other power equipment but most of it should be able to be monitored, still checking on some of that. As a software developer and IT professional this looks interesting. DW might think I've gone crazy- again. I was looking at using old spare laptop with remote monitor connected via USB3 for power & data. Could power the laptop from a 12 volt outlet with required adapter(s) and leave it tucked away some where collecting data 24/7.

Still thinking- but thanks for the info.

Tags
door