RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-24-2019, 08:16 PM   #1275

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttavasc View Post
Did the same shower curtain rod swap out along with the tub splash guards. Both great things to do for very little $$ or time. However, when putting in the splash guards it turns out that the outside wall of the shower is a bit more than 90 degree from the side of the tub. Took a fairly thick bead of the sealant to fill the ever-increasing gap as you went up. We'll see how it does once it sets up and cures. I think it will be OK though.
The seals on mine have been good so far. The silicone that came with the guards was nice and thick. Quick scuff and the guard seal edges and 1/4 in bead on the edges, press into place. Been on some rough roads since.

Thinking about getting some more of the same sealant and doing the tub to wall gap. Hate water just sitting in there.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2019, 09:32 PM   #1276

I want to add the Victron battery monitor to our Creekside 21RBS. Did you find an easy way to route the wires from the shunt up to the display?

RSMullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 11:44 PM   #1277

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSMullins View Post
I want to add the Victron battery monitor to our Creekside 21RBS. Did you find an easy way to route the wires from the shunt up to the display?
I didn't find an 'easy' way, but I got'r'done... Since my inverter was close to the passenger side hatch of the front pass-thru, and i needed to run romex up to the load center, I ran conduit down through the floor of the pass-thru, along the outside of the frame I-beam, and back up into the bottom of the bedroom closet, where the load center is located. That way I didn't have to horse around underneath the coroplast. For the Victron data cable, I just ran it in a wire loom along the outside of the conduit, strapped on with zip-ties, and it too went up into the bottom of the closet.
Once in the closet, I ran the Victron cable up the back wall of the closet in its wire loom, and fished that through the upper cabinets, microwave, etc., and eventually into the end compartment with the various switches and monitors. The wire loom is visible at the top rear inside the cabinets, but it's held neatly in place with black self-adhesive wire mounts and zip ties, so it's not offensive.
YMMV...
Good luck!
oshucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 06:46 AM   #1278

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshucks View Post
I didn't find an 'easy' way, but I got'r'done... Since my inverter was close to the passenger side hatch of the front pass-thru, and i needed to run romex up to the load center, I ran conduit down through the floor of the pass-thru, along the outside of the frame I-beam, and back up into the bottom of the bedroom closet, where the load center is located. That way I didn't have to horse around underneath the coroplast. For the Victron data cable, I just ran it in a wire loom along the outside of the conduit, strapped on with zip-ties, and it too went up into the bottom of the closet.

My inverter is in the same location and wired into the load center similarly. And that's how I ran the wire to its on/off switch in a more convenient location near the load center. May have skipped the wire loom though.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:13 AM   #1279

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjgoeman View Post
About removing the dinette - eating at the dinette was about 30 minutes per day use. Many more hours are spent having a morning coffee, relaxing, watching tv, reading the news, or even taking a nap. None of those activities are comfortable or enjoyable sitting on a bench at a dinette. For eating, tv trays are your friend.
Nice job. I've thought about doing this in our 20FQ. I haven't because:

I need the storage below the settee for long trips, and to manage the tongue weight.
It doesn't face the window, and the view, which is why we bought this trailer.

Tempting, though. Can you recline the recliners?
Old 10-27-2019, 09:21 PM   #1280

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The recliners are wall huggers so yes, they can recline.

You don't get quite the same view out the back as when you sit at the ends of the dinette but the comfort improvement makes up for it. You do lose some storage but we travel pretty light and hardly ever used the space under the bench seats.

When it comes time to sell we'll probably put the dinette back in as I think most people expect a dinette and don't consider alternatives until they live with the trailer for awhile.
pjgoeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:47 AM   #1281

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSMullins View Post
I am going to do this but I am getting the Bluetooth model. That way I am going to leave the entire display unit in the battery box and then don't have to worry about any wires whatsoever!

Ryan
rhughson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:55 AM   #1282

Pantry Mod

I added a slide out pantry in the closet beside the fridge in my Timber Ridge 27BHS. Much better and the wife is happy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191010_142611.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	265417

Name:	20191010_160634.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	265418

Name:	20191010_164710.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	265419

Ryan
rhughson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 11:40 AM   #1283

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Nice job Ryan, had one of those in my Lance tc. Amazing how much stuff you can wedge in there.

U know what they say...happy wife...happy life.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:22 PM   #1284

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhughson View Post
I am going to do this but I am getting the Bluetooth model. That way I am going to leave the entire display unit in the battery box and then don't have to worry about any wires whatsoever!

Ryan
Let us know how that works out. I'm planning to do the same when we get our 2020 280KVS in a few months.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:31 PM   #1285
R.B

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by litzdog911 View Post
Let us know how that works out. I'm planning to do the same when we get our 2020 280KVS in a few months.
I did the BMV-712 in the passthrough and use the app to connect via Bluetooth most of the time. Photos here: Let's see your Outdoors RV Mods
R.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:33 AM   #1286

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.B View Post
I did the BMV-712 in the passthrough and use the app to connect via Bluetooth most of the time. Photos here: Let's see your Outdoors RV Mods

Impressive installation. Not having done a lot of learning on this type of stuff, one question. Why did you install two dc-dc converters?
Old 11-01-2019, 11:38 AM   #1287

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam View Post
Impressive installation. Not having done a lot of learning on this type of stuff, one question. Why did you install two dc-dc converters?

R.B. will have to confirm this, but my guess is that his DC-DC converters are two Victron 24/12-25 models which can be connected in parallel to double the output amperage to 50A. I went with a Victron 40A model, but another advantage of these 25A models is that their output voltage is adjustable, whereas mine is not.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 11:50 AM   #1288
R.B

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam View Post
For voltage smoothing. In retrospect, it did not achieve the result I wanted, so I wouldn't do it again. The voltage is still too high for some 12V nominal stuff without additional voltage regulation hardware (e.g., my Synology NAS). They want 12V +/- 5%, but these only drop the voltage to about 12.9V and the hardware still complains.

They are Victron Orion 12/12-360W converters, so 30A each.

R.B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door