Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-09-2017, 02:09 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
LevelMate Pro

In case anybody is interested, I just received a new Campingworld flyer and they have the LevelMate Pro on sale for $119.97 (for members). I checked several other places, including Amazon, and the best price I could find was $139.99.

Note that the Campingworld website shows the member sale price as $128.99 which includes free shipping. I called the number in the sales flyer and asked if the $119.97 in the sales flyer included free shipping. The sales guy put me on hold for several minutes and came back and said that he talked to his manager and they would include the free shipping if I ordered now. So, my take away from that is that the flyer price doesn't normally include free shipping but if you call them, you can probably talk them into including the shipping.

I placed my order, by the way. I've been reading reviews on this product and it seems that most of the people who have purchased it absolutely love it. It was interesting that some of the reviews were by people who have Class A motorhomes with automatic leveling systems and they bought this because it was more accurate than their automatic systems. I think that this is going to go on my list of things that I'm not sure how I ever lived without...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2017, 04:21 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thanks Fisher!

Fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:29 PM   #3

I bought one several months ago and pretty much it is invaluable to me. It's a quality product, highly accurate, and it just works. I just can't see using a level (other than the initial setup for the LM pro), when the LM makes it so much easier.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:37 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Great product, and works pretty good!!! Haven't used much yet, Christmas present, but the times I have there have been no major complaints. One thing I see as really will be nice, is when overnight parking without unhooking. Just open app, and move the rig till all is good and level. If you're fairly level when towing, should make parking for the night a snap!!!

Couple of things to be aware of: 1 - set the timeout down from really long (!!) to 1 hour, to save the battery. 2 - if you're thinking of using 2 devices like I was, won't work. You can only use one bluetooth device with it at a time. I use a pad in the Ex for guages, maps, etc and can't use both the pad any my phone at the same time. A bluetooth restriction. But the side to side is great when in the drivers seat, and then outside with phone to do the final front to back level from the tongue.

Going to be upping my skill level with it this weekend in the Spring Creek area!!! Excellent item, you'll like it!!!
Old 05-09-2017, 09:06 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I ordered one on-line on the weekend and am looking forward to getting it and using it. Like mentioned, a lot of good reviews and people really seem to like it.

For those that have it, what is the range of the bluetooth connection? My trailer is 35' long and the truck is another 15-20', so I imagine I don't want to install it near the rear of my trailer as that's probably pushing the range
Old 05-09-2017, 09:49 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I (and my son) installed ours in the front compartment, screwed to the wood below the bed frame. Look to the rear of the compartment up near the top, and you'll see a flat section of interior wood that is perfect to use. Have not had any reception problems in the Excursion to date. Mfg states that it can be almost anywhere, but forward is best for reception. The box can be mounted left to right, or front to rear with the arrows pointing up. When you first log on from your device, it asks how it is mounted, also you need to input some measurements of your RV.

I opened the holes up a small bit so I could "fine tune" the box for level.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:55 AM   #7
PRT

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Installed ours in front compartment of 5ver, also didn't want to take chances of being out of range. Have tried turning on from inside house which is probably 50 ft away and still works. Between this and Andersen Levelers can't not get it level.
PRT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:03 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thanks Tuquala and PRT. I agree that the front compartment is probably the best place.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:19 PM   #9
Mlz

Levelmatepro

A big thanks to fisher99, I just ordered it with free shipping at $119.99 AND, and this is a big AND, if you got their grill catalog, all you do is write the order number on the coupon and send it to
Camping World
PO BOX 90017
Bowling Green, Ky 42102-9017
THEY WILL CREDIT YOUR ORDER ON TOP OF THE PRICE YOU PAID FOR THE $20 in the coupon!!!
Old 05-12-2017, 07:43 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
A big thanks to fisher99, I just ordered it with free shipping at $119.99 AND, and this is a big AND, if you got their grill catalog, all you do is write the order number on the coupon and send it to
Camping World
PO BOX 90017
Bowling Green, Ky 42102-9017
THEY WILL CREDIT YOUR ORDER ON TOP OF THE PRICE YOU PAID FOR THE $20 in the coupon!!!
You are certainly welcome! Glad you got the free shipping. But what is the coupon you mentioned? I have looked through my grill catalog a couple of times but I'm not seeing any coupon. What page it is on?
Old 05-12-2017, 07:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher99 View Post
You are certainly welcome! Glad you got the free shipping. But what is the coupon you mentioned? I have looked through my grill catalog a couple of times but I'm not seeing any coupon. What page it is on?
The LevelMate Pro uses Bluetooth V4, which has an extended operating range compared to the original Bluetooth. If I'm not mistaken, under ideal conditions they are in the 250' range. Of course that probably won't happen if the unit is mounted inside the trailer and behind a lot of metal, but I would think that there should never be an issue from inside the trailer to inside your tow vehicle. Mine works inside my house which is probably 50 to 60 feet away from where the trailer sits with the unit inside the trailer mounted to the side of one of the bedroom closets.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:09 PM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
The LevelMate Pro uses Bluetooth V4, which has an extended operating range compared to the original Bluetooth. If I'm not mistaken, under ideal conditions they are in the 250' range. Of course that probably won't happen if the unit is mounted inside the trailer and behind a lot of metal, but I would think that there should never be an issue from inside the trailer to inside your tow vehicle. Mine works inside my house which is probably 50 to 60 feet away from where the trailer sits with the unit inside the trailer mounted to the side of one of the bedroom closets.
That is good to know that range shouldn't be a problem.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:37 AM   #13
Mlz

It's on the back cover. I'm talking about the $20 off coupon on the back cover of the catalog. I was told by the rep I talked to they would honor it for any order as long as you write the order number on the coupon and mail it in to them. She said you do not have to wait to receive it either just send it in. I'd suggest you call them and ask for the correct address. I already sent mine in but unfortunately I had written the address on the coupon so I don't have it.
Hope this helps.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:34 PM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
It's on the back cover. I'm talking about the $20 off coupon on the back cover of the catalog. I was told by the rep I talked to they would honor it for any order as long as you write the order number on the coupon and mail it in to them. She said you do not have to wait to receive it either just send it in. I'd suggest you call them and ask for the correct address. I already sent mine in but unfortunately I had written the address on the coupon so I don't have it.
Hope this helps.
Interesting. I think we are both looking at the "13th annual grill fest" catalog, but mine does not have a $20 off coupon on the back cover of the catalog. Or anywhere else in the catalog as far as I can tell. I guess you must be a better customer of their's than I am...