Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2017, 05:57 AM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Location of Lippert Receiver in Glacier Peak

I have a Glacier Peak 2015 F27BHS and wonder where the location is for the lippert 8 function remote control system main controller. I am updating it to control 2 motor landing jacks instead of one.
Does anyone have an idea where the main controller is located in the GP by any chance, or come across it while looking at something else?

This is what it should look like:

Thanks for your help!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2017, 06:32 AM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Not your model, but mine was behind the radio/dvd player.
Easy to get to: just pull out the radio.

Guess what I'm saying is, if nobody here knows, you might start pulling the trailer apart!

Or call ORV. They're always pretty helpful.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:45 AM   #3
PRT

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnyda View Post
I have a Glacier Peak 2015 F27BHS and wonder where the location is for the lippert 8 function remote control system main controller. I am updating it to control 2 motor landing jacks instead of one.
Does anyone have an idea where the main controller is located in the GP by any chance, or come across it while looking at something else?

This is what it should look like:

Thanks for your help!
We have the F26RDS Glacier Peak. Took awhile to find it but it is in the basement, passenger side behind a panel that holds the the battery cut out switch, there will be other fuses and breakers that you will need to know where they are anyways. Hopefully yours is same as ours.
Pete
PRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:24 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Hmmm, Thanks a bunch for the tip. Mine has a 2" extension on the front wall of the basement where the battery switch is located. I have pulled that apart and there is only wiring and circuit breakers there.
I will look into the rearward side and see if I can find something in there. Your suggestion is a great help, as I am pretty sure you are correct - that it is located in the basement.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:26 PM   #5

Lonnyda

Did your GP get the frame around the pin box upgraded?

jtbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:57 PM   #6
PRT

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Hmmm, Thanks a bunch for the tip. Mine has a 2" extension on the front wall of the basement where the battery switch is located. I have pulled that apart and there is only wiring and circuit breakers there.
I will look into the rearward side and see if I can find something in there. Your suggestion is a great help, as I am pretty sure you are correct - that it is located in the basement.
I couldnt find our controller at first so emailed ORV so they could tell me where it was. They thought it would be behind the control panel for the slide switches and tank monitor lights. Ours wasn't but you might try there as it might be there in your unit. Try using the awning or one of the slides etc, should be able to here it click if you are close.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:37 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
That's where they told me mine would be as well. But twernt to be found.

Going to look where Pete said his was this weekend.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:02 AM   #8
PRT

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickeoni View Post
That's where they told me mine would be as well. But twernt to be found.

Going to look where Pete said his was this weekend.
Luckily haven't had to reset yet as in our last TT which was a Dutchmen Denali with the same system had to be reset everytime the batteries were pulled and put back in. Had to find circuit board on own as Keystone would'nt answer phone or email and dealer didn't know or a clue where it was and probably didn't care either, had our money. If you have built in dinette there are panels with screws behind the back cushions, pull those panels it might also be in there. Found the slide controller in there.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:23 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thanks for all your help and ideas everyone. I will be at the trailer tomorrow and I will find that rascal! I am replacing my front jacks with a set of Bulldogs so I will have to tweak the Remote Control for them. Sure gonna be happy to have some good jacks under this trailer.

Jtbuilds: No I have not taken it down, but plan on second week of March. Be glad to get that looked after too.

Got a set of slide toppers going on in 2 weeks and can't wait. Don't understand how a trailer in the Pacific NW does not have them, with all the rain, and tree needles, branches and leaves piling up on the slides. Oh, well, not a problem for long...

Old 01-28-2017, 07:57 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Well, a day at the trailer and I found the control unit for the remote! It is located above the control panel for pumps, slides, and monitors, in the blank area above, which when you think about it, makes a lot of sense.

So getting at it now, looks like that will be the challenge. I have removed all the screws from the end of kitchen cabinet which is where this is located, but it is held in place by the corner trims. Not sure how to remove these without damaging the trim. Oh well, its now another day thing, unless someone else has some experience here?
Old 01-28-2017, 08:28 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Can you get into the back from the cupboard side?

John & Linda
2015 Timber Ridge 260RLS
2014 Ram 3500 6.7L
Super Thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:34 PM   #12
PRT

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Well, a day at the trailer and I found the control unit for the remote! It is located above the control panel for pumps, slides, and monitors, in the blank area above, which when you think about it, makes a lot of sen

So getting at it now, looks like that will be the challenge. I have removed all the screws from the end of kitchen cabinet which is where this is located, but it is held in place by the corner trims. Not sure how to remove these without damaging the trim. Oh well, its now another day thing, unless someone else has some experience here?
You can access the panel from inside of cabinet it is mounted to. There should only be 4 screws. No need to take control panel. Didn't see the screws the first time I looked for the controller.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:11 AM   #13

Outdoors RV Owners Club
PRT - oh, that is interesting! I did not think of that as it seemed to be a 5" compartment on the end of the kitchen cabinet. I was able to pull the front part you can see in the photo away from the cabinet about 3/4" and shine a flashlight in there but could not see anything other than a large bundle of wires going up into the darkness hidden by the remaining part of the cabinet.
Next trip to the trailer, I will have a look at this from inside the cabinet, along with some of the other projects on my list:
- Fantastic Vent covers on all 3 vents
- replace door frosted window, with frame less tinted window
- mount new tandem jack switches

Isn't the time just before you go camping so much fun!
Old 02-04-2017, 03:28 PM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Rickeoni did you have the chance to locate yours? My unit is in winter storage and it would be nice to have some idea of where to look this spring .
Nevadawalt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert, cat