Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2017, 08:02 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
One more comment on the quick connect set up I mention above. You have to remove the regulator from your grill if you do this because tapping the LP line means you are under the influence of the main LP tank's regulator. If you use 2 regulators your flame will always stay on low. No high flame at all. Just an added FYI.

2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD - 350 Cummins ISC; Toad 2012 Wrangler 6 speed
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2017, 08:07 AM   #30

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartN View Post
Another vote for the Weber Q series grill. Had ours about 5 years and is still going strong. I did pick up a 5lb propane tank and adapter hose so I don't need the small 1lb tanks anymore.
Ditto, another Weber Q1200 vote, also using the 5 lb. tank.

I went through 3 other grills trying to find the "perfect" one and this is it. I have one for each of out RV's.
oldjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:25 AM   #31

My 2 pennies is ,I have a Camp Chef Sports Grill. It is much more versatile than the Q. I have both and will use the Camp Chef every time
Jim E
bigjim8499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:38 PM   #32

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Camp Chef

I have a 3 burner Camp Chef with BBQ box and Griddle. It works great and should be able to cook directly to my trailer (will try this weekend). It does a great job cooking for a big group. The problem is it is just too heavy and bulky. I hate bringing it.

I'm going to look into the weber Q everyone raves about. Should bought one last summer but I went cheap and bought an NRX (or NXG). Not very good...
vmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:11 PM   #33
JFN

I'm a sucker for buying stuff at home shows and fairs, a couple of years ago I bought a couple of mats like these:

https://jet.com/product/detail/df2a5...RoCRFQQAvD_BwE

I never used them until 2 weeks ago and wow what a deal, I used one on my Q1200 and they work slick you can cook just about anything on them, I cooked Bacon and eggs for 5.
JFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:18 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmonkey View Post
I have a 3 burner Camp Chef with BBQ box and Griddle. It works great and should be able to cook directly to my trailer (will try this weekend). It does a great job cooking for a big group. The problem is it is just too heavy and bulky. I hate bringing it.

I'm going to look into the weber Q everyone raves about. Should bought one last summer but I went cheap and bought an NRX (or NXG). Not very good...
We love our 3 burner camp chef, BBQ box, griddle. All we use to cook on. It stores in the pass though next to where we set it up.

FYI......I use 1/2 disconnects and 1/2" hose (60,00btu capacity) anything less won't provide enough flow with 1/2lb propane.....I'll never run high pressure (100-200psi) propane anywhere but from the tank to the reg.

jtbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:00 AM   #35

Another satisfied Weber Q fan. I have to say I had doubts about it, but those doubts have proven to be unfounded. Works like a charm as they come, or modified to run on a 20 pounder!
Gasch01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:52 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by lajuene View Post
Weber baby Q. We wanted to use it off the main tank on our 2004 Winnebago Vectra but it would be hard to connect it since the tank is on the opposite side and under the slide out. So we spliced into the LP line and installed a quick connect that is now in one of the awning side storage Bay. We just take a 12foot hose with quick connect fitting and we're all set. We did the same for indoors to be able to use an Olympic catalytic heater while boondocking. Now don't ask how many times we've used THAT connection for the heater because I'm embarrassed to say once in our 5 1/3 years of full timing. I guess we follow the weather so much we haven't needed it and when we have we were on hookups so we used the heatpump. Sorry to go off topic but that's what RV people's minds do now don't they? Glad to have both connections there for when they may be needed. Easy upgrade too.
Hope he QD isn't inside the trailer? There is a reason manufactures run the propane lines (3/8" copper) continuous from the appliance to outside the trailer.

To have any heat gain from a non vented heater means that it is not being vented properly.

The heater may shut down from low O2 but not from high CO..... don't think the ($5) CO detector to protect you...the sensitivity of household CO monitors was reduced (too many 911 calls) to detect the one time exposure level.....NOT the long term exposure level set by OHSA.

jtbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:36 AM   #37

I have a Cuisinart CGG-522 Dual Blaze 2 Burner propane grill, it cooks well, but can be awkward to carry with the legs folded into storage position. Unlike most table top portables it has a 20 pound tank style connector, so I have to run an adapter on my extend-a-stay hose for it.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:41 AM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbuilds View Post
Hope he QD isn't inside the trailer? There is a reason manufactures run the propane lines (3/8" copper) continuous from the appliance to outside the trailer.

To have any heat gain from a non vented heater means that it is not being vented properly.

The heater may shut down from low O2 but not from high CO..... don't think the ($5) CO detector to protect you...the sensitivity of household CO monitors was reduced (too many 911 calls) to detect the one time exposure level.....NOT the long term exposure level set by OHSA.
Good point!

2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD - 350 Cummins ISC; Toad 2012 Wrangler 6 speed
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote