Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2017, 09:58 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Lost power to microwave

This is for a timber ridge 25rds trailer . the outlet that supplies power to the microwave is dead , took the outlet out tested the wires ,no power . found the breaker we have power going out from the breaker , it just doesn't get to the microwave outlet . This is on its own circuit , gfci seems good , every other outlet in the trailer works fine , no problems according to the tester . I am thinking there is a break in the wire somewhere between the breaker and the outlet . Any thoughts on what I might have missed ???
david98335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2017, 12:00 AM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Did you check the power at the GFI for that line? Only other thing to try is actually changing the fuse. I have had them look good but not work. The power center should have a breaker for the microwave, try flipping it off and back on. Other than that I can't help. What year is your trailer? They did things differently on older units than they do on new ones.

And welcome, you will get lots of help here.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:49 AM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My 250rds has a switch that only allows either the fireplace or the microwave to work not both . The switch is on the wall above the tv.
pdxgwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:33 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by david98335 View Post
This is for a timber ridge 25rds trailer . the outlet that supplies power to the microwave is dead , took the outlet out tested the wires ,no power . found the breaker we have power going out from the breaker , it just doesn't get to the microwave outlet . This is on its own circuit , gfci seems good , every other outlet in the trailer works fine , no problems according to the tester . I am thinking there is a break in the wire somewhere between the breaker and the outlet . Any thoughts on what I might have missed ???
I would have to agree with you about there being a break in the wire. Its a simple circuit. You could try doing a continuity test on both the neutral wire and hot wire to confirm your suspicion. Hopefully its not too much of a bear to fish a new wire through.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:33 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have also heard of wires coming loose from the back of the socket - so turn the breaker off/ unplug from shore power and pull the socket out of the wall and make sure that the wires are secure there - the same would also hold true with the breaker.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:23 PM   #6

If the Microwave is in a slide, look underneath for wires that got caught in the moving parts.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:32 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I think I would be looking for the switch pdxgwj mentioned since they have basically the same trailer, although one is newer. It makes sense that they would switch between the two big draws so you don't trip breakers.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:24 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by keymastr View Post
I think I would be looking for the switch pdxgwj mentioned since they have basically the same trailer, although one is newer. It makes sense that they would switch between the two big draws so you don't trip breakers.
No FP/MW switch on our antique 2014, 250RDSW. Or maybe I have just never found it!

Bob
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:07 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Mine is a 2018
Old 12-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
lost power to microwave

thanks guys for all the help I found the secret switch, that switches between the microwave and the fireplace , it is in the small cabinet between the tv and the fireplace . All is now well , it was driving me crazy for a while , the trailer is a 2017 bought slightly used seems to be a great rig , other than the operator error . thanks again Dave
david98335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:31 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
You’re welcome

Tags
power, microwave