Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2019, 04:19 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Question Model preferences

I’m starting to get brain dead on researching which model will be my best fit and thought I would ask some of you owners to weigh in. I’m more interested in hearing what you wish was different or what could be improved on your particular model. I seldom park in RV parks unless it’s time to do major wash or I can’t find off grid-FS-BLM land. Due to my size (5’ if I stand real straight) and unfortunately, age (lets not go there), and traveling single with a huge dog, I’d like comfort. My last 4 trailers and truck camper have been Arctic Fox but I don’t want the wide body and the camper too cramped. I’m probably over thinking this but I suspect this next trailer will be my last rodeo so I want to get it right

Here’s what I’ve been eye balling:
24RLS
23KTS
24RKS

Chime in !
RamonaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2019, 04:54 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I also travel alone with 2 big dogs. The 250RDWS is 31 ft bumper to ball. I wish it was under 30. The 24RLS works for me. It's a very popular floor plan.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:45 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Me and the wife do not full time,... yet, kids are grown and are getting set up with their own life’s. We love the 24kts, tons of room and tons of storage.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:02 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We just completed a six week, 9K trip in our 24KTS and never felt cramped or crowded. There are two of us with a medium 40# dog. My wife is vertically challenged also so consider the placement of lights (ceiling) and lack of wall switches on our model. Same holds true for the bathroom fan. Other models may have different features.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:14 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ours is a fifth wheel with the rear living area (26RLS). We love that layout. Plenty of room for two of us and a small dog.
Glad we got that size, since we visit some tight spots sometimes.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:16 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I would love to find a good used Glacier Peak 26rls. Although I’ve never had a fifth wheel it really did steal my heart. The 24rls is as close as I can get. Maybe I need to exercise patience and hope one gets listed this fall.
RamonaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:09 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have the 24RLS and travel with a dog as well. I like the fact that I can get up early in the morning and make my coffee while the wife is still asleep and not bother her because bedroom has a door. If I was traveling alone I would consider removing one of the recliners which would make a nice spot for the dog bed.
spogdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:37 AM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The 24KTS and 24RKS are rear kitchen models with a second 40gal grey water tank. The 24RLS only has one 40gal grey.

Not sure if that's important with only one adult and dog, but for the two of us it's a great thing to have.

Otherwise, I like them all.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 09:39 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
[QUOTE=brulaz;4899116]The 24KTS and 24RKS are rear kitchen models with a second 40gal grey water tank. The 24RLS only has one 40gal grey.

One of the reasons we went with the rear kitchen, fridge right at the back door, so when replenishing drinks were not walking through the whole unit. We are mainly outside when camping, when the weather turns, lots of usable space inside....and the extra holding capacity is nice. The large table, you can actually fit 4 sized adults at without banging elbows.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The most popular floor plan they have built is the 250RDSW same as the 25RD.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:41 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
The 24KTS and 24RKS are rear kitchen models with a second 40gal grey water tank. The 24RLS only has one 40gal grey.

Not sure if that's important with only one adult and dog, but for the two of us it's a great thing to have.

Otherwise, I like them all.
BINGO!
longer linger time in the outback before thinking about having to pick up stakes and heading to a dump station.
ricndot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 02:40 PM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Wilf View Post
Me and the wife do not full time,... yet, kids are grown and are getting set up with their own life’s. We love the 24kts, tons of room and tons of storage.
Ditto! We did the 5 1/2 month 23,000 mile trip in ours. I installed a compost toilet so I have extra gray water storage. BLM or redundant stays in Walmart and Rest Areas or even visiting friends in Phoenix, the week on the Pacific beach in Washington never required us to use our tote or have to make a special trip to the dump station. It’s fair to mention I did some mods to the dinette and removed the jack knife sofa. There were two of us and our two dogs, and one cantankerous cat. Plenty of room and storage. The rear kitchen models work for us. The wife was so happy with it she recently has started saying she wants to go back out, she misses the adventure.
ModestMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 02:45 PM   #13

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDOPDLR View Post
We just completed a six week, 9K trip in our 24KTS and never felt cramped or crowded. There are two of us with a medium 40# dog. My wife is vertically challenged also so consider the placement of lights (ceiling) and lack of wall switches on our model. Same holds true for the bathroom fan. Other models may have different features.
I modded mine with a MaxxFan it has always been helpful with movingly air and it has never missed shutting itself with crazy rain/wind, like we’re about to get here in northern New York. I also installed the shroud over both vents.
ModestMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 10:07 PM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We have a 24RKS, and really enjoy it. The only two "issues", if that's what they might be called are; small bathroom and we wish it was shorter in length.
Some of the reasons we like it are; Two grey tanks (now connected together), the rear kitchen, large storage and closets, and how it tows.
Blazing zipp is offline   Reply With Quote