Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2016, 06:50 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
MORryde pin box

I have noticed that several members on here have upgraded their pinbox to the MORryde unit. Was it worth the $$$?

Rick
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2016, 08:00 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
The Mor/Ryde pin box will help to reduce the "chucking" motion. Demco Glide does a similar function.

The air ride hitches or pin boxes provide the best ride.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 08:25 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have a BD3 air hitch, just wondering if the 1k expenditure is worthwhile.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:17 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickeoni View Post
I have noticed that several members on here have upgraded their pinbox to the MORryde unit. Was it worth the $$$?

Rick
It certainly took out 50% of the chucking. It was worth it for me. I have the B&W patriot hitch
Old 07-24-2016, 02:53 PM   #5
PRT

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickeoni View Post
I have a BD3 air hitch, just wondering if the 1k expenditure is worthwhile.
We also have BD3. Added Morryde after getting hitch. Not sure it made a huge difference, wife says its better then before I installed the Morryde. Worth the money probably, I hate the chucking.
Pete
PRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:01 PM   #6

This is my first fifth wheel with the mor/ryde and to me it was an improvement over previous pin boxes on other units ride wise. Now I have to give some credit to the ORV frame and suspension which pulls well behind my 3500 Ram. I have the B&W turnover ball hitch so it all works well together. Its one of those things that's hard to measure but the sum of the parts in my setup is a winner as far as i'm concerned and I pulled and decended some long steep grades on vacation and was so relaxed my wife commented on it several times. It all works so well it's still amazing me and there's nothing lacking in the equation. It's subjective Rickeoni but in my case it's a great marriage.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:51 PM   #7

MORryde pin box

Rick, you ask a good question. I too have thought about an upgrade even though my wife says the chucking is no problem and I only fuss about it since I found that the newer trailers have that feature as standard. While PRT installed his own ( it was good to meet at the rally) ORV folks insisted that only "authorized" technicians undertake such modifications for liability reasons. Still, self install would be straight forward. Will watch the discussion. Alex
Old 07-29-2016, 07:18 AM   #8
PRT

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexinBC View Post
Rick, you ask a good question. I too have thought about an upgrade even though my wife says the chucking is no problem and I only fuss about it since I found that the newer trailers have that feature as standard. While PRT installed his own ( it was good to meet at the rally) ORV folks insisted that only "authorized" technicians undertake such modifications for liability reasons. Still, self install would be straight forward. Will watch the discussion. Alex
Good to meet you and Martha also. Nice to talk with you about my old home town. Nothing to technical about installing the Morryde, 12 bolts off, 12 bolts on. Torque to the right specs. Not too confident in local dealer ( 1 1/2 hour away ) . They can't even get the right clearance lights in. The Morryde is heavy so a extra set of hands is better but can be done yourself.
Pete
Old 07-29-2016, 02:41 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRT View Post
Not too confident in local dealer ( 1 1/2 hour away ) . They can't even get the right clearance lights in.
Same thing happened here when I ordered them directly from ORV under warranty (no local ORV dealer here).

So maybe not the dealer?

When I told ORV I could get them from etrailer.com, the ORV guy begged me to just go ahead and order them there, and they would re-imburse. So I did and they did. Every once in awhile, not having to go through a 3rd party is easier.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:21 PM   #10
PRT

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
Same thing happened here when I ordered them directly from ORV under warranty (no local ORV dealer here).

So maybe not the dealer?

When I told ORV I could get them from etrailer.com, the ORV guy begged me to just go ahead and order them there, and they would re-imburse. So I did and they did. Every once in awhile, not having to go through a 3rd party is easier.
It wasn't ORV in our case, it was the dealer as we e-mailed ORV about not finding them locally and they mailed us some replacement lights , had them in about a week and were the right ones. I actually gave the dealer the part # and they still got it wrong. Ours that keep burning out are located at the rear on top (red ). They are the only ones on the trailer that have screws behind chrome bezel. I also had found them on e-trailer.com
Pete
Old 07-30-2016, 05:46 AM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Ours have the chrome bezel too. They died because they got water in them. They're supposed to be be completely sealed from the factory but those sure weren't. I had the same problem with one of the brake lights too.

So just to be sure, I covered all the joints in the new markers with a layer of caulk. The brake light I could actually crack apart, dry and clean out. It was still working but you could see the water inside. Re-glued with epoxy and then put caulk on the seams. So far so good.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote