Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2018, 11:30 AM   #1

New Creekside Floorplan 21RDw/recliners

We saw this floorplan last weekend w/the dinette but was wondering if anyone owns or has toured the one with the optional recliners? I've found a few dealer photos on the net with this floorplan but it looks like they have carpeted the area where the recliners are and there is a little table that sits between the recliners. I'm thinking this is a lighter option, with the caveat less storage.

We don't know if we are going to replace our current small TT or go a different route (Class B or small Class C) but do know ORV & Northwood would be our preference if we do decide to stay with towable.

All the interiors we looked at are so dark though, just wish they had someone with fresh ideas that could offer more variety of options on color combos for interiors.
campingknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2018, 04:14 PM   #2

I doubt the weight difference would be much. Certainly not enough to be concerned about towing wise.

Looks to me one is choosing a life style difference. One floor plan is for those who eat out mostly thus don't need a proper table to sit at preferring to have recliners to watch TV or simply relax in. The other is for those who like a proper table to eat their meals at while at the same time admiring the view. Either way one is giving up something in a trailer that size.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sumtin View Post

I doubt the weight difference would be much. Certainly not enough to be concerned about towing wise.

Looks to me one is choosing a life style difference. One floor plan is for those who eat out mostly thus don't need a proper table to sit at preferring to have recliners to watch TV or simply relax in. The other is for those who like a proper table to eat their meals at while at the same time admiring the view. Either way one is giving up something in a trailer that size.
Interesting perspective.... and thanks for the welcome, I think??

From my perspective, smaller is better, but this would be bigger than what our current TT is. We don't watch TV when traveling or camping, but do prepare our own meals. IN fact, the recliners might be removable opening up that rear space so that we could use a folding table and chairs if we so wished. I don't find dinettes very comfortable to sit at as a rule.

I've just realized I joined 11 years ago, and have just now posted for the first time? We have had our current TT - a 180FQ Orbit since Sept. of 2007. It has an open feel floor plan since it has the side half dinette and rear corner bath, walk around queen bed at the front. Prior we camped in popups for about 9 years, so open floor plan w/o slides is important for those rainy days. I don't switch camping rigs lightly
campingknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:58 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Dunno if they've changed the recliners recently, but we love the ones that came with ours. And they've held up very well.

But they are heavy, sort of large, and not that easy to move around. I wouldn't plan on taking them out on a regular basis.

And welcome to the forum.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:07 AM   #5

I guess it was a belated welcome.

I agree dinettes are not all that comfortable.

I've been aware of the model but was not aware of the recliner option so to me its an interesting twist. With the dinette one has lots of windows to look out of but with the recliners that nice big window is at one's back. I guess I'd have to sit in one to experience it. Hopefully someone who has can chime in for you.

Anywho, welcome to the group. Lots of knowledgeable folks here willing to help out. Good luck with your search. There's certainly plenty of options to choose from when hunting for a new RV.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:19 PM   #6

Well, we went to the Tacoma RV show dragging DD w/us who does camp w/us occasionally.

This worked out well because we could see how we felt real world with the 3 of us in the unit. We looked at the 21 RD (no recliners) and we liked it OK, but it felt not open enough, dinette seemed a bit to close for DH to sit comfortably at.

The surprise floorplan that might work the best for us - Blackrock 18DB!. Both DD & I said, "Wow!" this feels like a good amount of room! DH fit at the dinette better. Lots of interior storage. Only drawback is the corner bed, but that is still doable with being able to wrangle with it thru the outside hatch. Still an area at the open bottom corner of the bed for me to crawl around DH if needed. The outside hatch has me wondering if we can stack our bicycles with the bed up. The upper bunk could be cabinet storage as well.

So lots to think about, but that is OK.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:09 AM   #7

Subscribing and bumping. I like this idea, looking for feedback.
Disneyfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 07:51 AM   #8

We seriously considered the 18DB for our family of 5 but wanted dedicated sleeping space for all 3 kids. I think that floor plan is a slam dunk for what it's worth.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:36 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
With a 3 point stool and a pillow we have both a recliner and a dinette
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7197.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	198177