Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2018, 10:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_the_ee View Post
That winter picture intrigues me... Is that Stevens in the winter? Was that a one-time thing, or did you do it on a regular basis? Do you run snow tires on both the TT and TV, or what? 'Cause taking the kids and trailer up for a weekend of skiing sounds awesome, but the thought of towing in snow on compact snow and ice gives me the willies...

And I don't want to hear any complaints about having to wait a couple of weeks for an interior color. We ordered our new TV in January and it *still* hasn't arrived. (Day after tomorrow, according to Ford's website...)

Thanks everyone for the tongue weight input. It's good to know just how much the tongue weight changes if you have the fresh water filled up because I use the fresh water tank for all my winter camping trips. I suppose I will give the 10k 1k WDH since I have a F350, i'm thinking it won't sag too much but I have never towed with the new truck yet. Can't wait to hook up...

As for the winter camping, yes it is Stevens Pass RV parking lot. My first year of having the trailer I was a little nervous of driving in the snow myself. So I ended up not going but the main reason I didn't go was because the RV parking was a first come first serve last year. Every time I drove up to go skiing I would look at the RV lot and it was packed! I really didn't want to drive up my trailer only to find out I had no place to park. Now they have a reservation system that makes it fair for all who would like to camp in the snow. I'm so glad because my family and I had so much fun this past season. We went up 5 times with no problems other than some crazy driver slammed into the back of me when I was putting chains on my truck. The only reason I put on chains was because it was a snow storm up there that weekend (2/23-2/25). It snowed 30"s in a 24hr period and about 4' that entire weekend. We actually were stuck up there for 7 hrs because the pass was closed for avalanche control. It was a crazy weekend but all other weekends were normal and we encountered no problems. One of my concerns was pulling the trailer around the jacknife turn into the parking lot. But I just stuck it in 4 low, locked the rear end and it pulled the trailer line a tank.

If I were you I wouldn't hesitate to give it a try because we had so much fun. One of the biggest reasons for going with the Outdoor RV trailer was for the true 4 seasons build quality. I like coming off the mountain from a day of skiing and taking a hot shower. It's like having a cabin in the mountains

Suggestion: I went up to the pass for the day with my trailer when I knew there was plenty of snow in the parking lots but not on the roads. This way I could get the feel of pulling the trailer in the snow but not on the main highways. Also this helped me to know the best way to pull the trailer into the lot and jockey it around. One of the hardest things to do up there is when you pull the trailer into the lot and there is no room to jockey the trailer around. There are cars parked all over the place, piles of snow, and no turn around. However everyone up there is super friendly and will help in any way they can. Sorry for the long winded message but if you are thinking of getting up there in the snow, then don't hesitate and do it! Check out the website and learn how to do the reservation system so your ready for next season. We are already scouting out new placed like mount hood and crystal mountain.

Oh one more thing BRING A BIG SNOW SHOVEL! I didn't have one when it snowed like 18"s. The snow was so deep around my trailer. In the picture the snow on the trailer and truck is just from 1hr of snow. Also you can't be afraid to climb up on the roof to get the snow off. It can't get too heavy plus you can't drive down the road covered in snow or you will get a ticket.

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1263.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	200368   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1260.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	200369  

dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Tags