Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2016, 07:52 PM   #1

New purchase of Timber Ridge 270DBHS

Hi everyone,

We're planning on buying a 2015 model as mentioned in the title. Yes 2015, guess it's been sitting for a while. Really like the bunk model as we have two boys 10 and 13 and figured they would be happy in the bunks at bed time doing what ever they want to do, while wife and I do what we want to.

Been doing lots of reading and surprisingly haven't seem much about this model. Seems not even to be offered in 2016. Wondering if anyone has any input? Havant paid for it yet but put down a refundable deposit.

Are we choosing a good rig? Anything to look out for? We have about a week before we have the option of finalizing and picking it up so any tips/tricks/reviews would be much appreciated. This will be our first trailer and the tow vehicle is a 2005 f350 super duty 6.0 PSD.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions, but really most interested in hearing if this is a good model or has any known issues we should be looking out for.

Thanks all.
superflygary is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2016, 09:17 PM   #2

They don't make that one anymore or any timber ridge models with bunks. It seems bunks have been moved to creeksides. It looks like the 2016 creekside 27DBHS is the same thing.
I don't know the price of the one you're looking at or if they are comparable pricewise. We just picked up a creekside 23DBS which is shorter and doesn't have the couch but works fine for our family of 4 and a dog.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:18 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Glad to have you here with us.

I'm sorry I can't offer an opinion, however at the top of the page under RV Forums, there are multiple forums regarding trailers/5th wheels, that can answer some of your questions.

Good luck and Happy Trails!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer75 View Post
They don't make that one anymore or any timber ridge models with bunks. It seems bunks have been moved to creeksides. It looks like the 2016 creekside 27DBHS is the same thing.
I don't know the price of the one you're looking at or if they are comparable pricewise. We just picked up a creekside 23DBS which is shorter and doesn't have the couch but works fine for our family of 4 and a dog.
Yes, that's what I noticed as well, wonder the reason? The one were looking at is a good price, I guess being last years model. I wonder if it's just a few options that are different on ours then the current creekside 27dbhs, like better speakers and all that jazz. So maybe I should be looking for feedback on the creek side model instead.... this gets confusing pretty quick! Congrats on your new trailer, we actually looked at that model as well, but I wanted a couch lol.

Thanks for your reply!
Old 03-25-2016, 10:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post

Glad to have you here with us.

I'm sorry I can't offer an opinion, however at the top of the page under RV Forums, there are multiple forums regarding trailers/5th wheels, that can answer some of your questions.

Good luck and Happy Trails!!
Cheers Tony, happy to be here, very sure I will have many questions as time goes on
Old 03-25-2016, 10:32 PM   #6

Hi

We are in Vernon BC right now returning from a Jasper/Banff trip with our 270DBHS . We have not had one issues with it.
I'm not proud to say ithate to say but I dragged the people at Out

jtbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:49 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbuilds View Post
Hi

We are in Vernon BC right now returning from a Jasper/Banff trip with our 270DBHS . We have not had one issues with it.
I'm not proud to say ithate to say but I dragged the people at Out
Huh? Darn auto correct!
Old 03-26-2016, 03:18 AM   #8

Hi

I'm not proud to say but I dragged the people at Outdoors through the coals over one 270DBHS I looked at. Almost didn't buy a Outdoors RV because of it.

Be glad to answer any qestions or send a PM if you like.

Take Care
John

Old 03-26-2016, 03:27 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickeoni View Post
Huh? Darn auto correct!
.....after my 3rd glass of wine I fell a sleep 😪😪😪😪on the phone.

Old 03-26-2016, 08:26 AM   #10

I wonder if I looked at your trailer, the dealer in OC had one. Looked really nice and I like the way the bottom bunk folds up for storage. One of the differences between the Timber Ridge and new Creek Side version is the glass shower in the Timber Ridge. Creek Side just has a tub and curtain. Seems like a nice trailer but I thought it might be a little too much trailer for our half ton tow vehicle. Welcome, I'm new here too.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:57 AM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by superflygary View Post
Yes, that's what I noticed as well, wonder the reason? The one were looking at is a good price, I guess being last years model. I wonder if it's just a few options that are different on ours then the current creekside 27dbhs, like better speakers and all that jazz. So maybe I should be looking for feedback on the creek side model instead.... this gets confusing pretty quick! Congrats on your new trailer, we actually looked at that model as well, but I wanted a couch lol.

Thanks for your reply!
The only differences between the two lines are graphic stickers, more wood trim and more/different bolt on accessories. As you mention better speakers and all that jazz, most likely these are things that you are going to want to upgrade anyways. Those speakers sound like crap, So why pay twice for them. The reason to move up the line in my opinion is floor plan.

Now in the case of this trailer being a 2015 model, you should be looking at a huge saving vs a new creek side in the same floor plan. I would have to say close to 30 to 40 percent off MSRP. The only thing working against you is, its the wrong time of year to buy a trailer. I say negotiate a good deal and start camping.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:43 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbuilds View Post
Hi

I'm not proud to say but I dragged the people at Outdoors through the coals over one 270DBHS I looked at. Almost didn't buy a Outdoors RV because of it.

John
Hi John, I'm i the Vancouver area and have that trip on the list once we get going. I would be interested to hear why you raked them over the coals, what was wrong with it, so we can look for the same issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZYA View Post

Now in the case of this trailer being a 2015 model, you should be looking at a huge saving vs a new creek side in the same floor plan. I would have to say close to 30 to 40 percent off MSRP. The only thing working against you is, its the wrong time of year to buy a trailer. I say negotiate a good deal and start camping.
Wow, we didn't negotiate even close to amount down. I can only find one new creekside 27dbhs in my area and the list price is 9,000 higher than the offer we gave. According to your estimate we could have saved 7,000 more than that? Crap, would never have had the guts to make an offer 16000 under the sticker price lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
I wonder if I looked at your trailer, the dealer in OC had one. Looked really nice and I like the way the bottom bunk folds up for storage. One of the differences between the Timber Ridge and new Creek Side version is the glass shower in the Timber Ridge. Creek Side just has a tub and curtain. Seems like a nice trailer but I thought it might be a little too much trailer for our half ton tow vehicle. Welcome, I'm new here too.
HI Red, probably not as I am far north of you. The fold up bottom bunk is what sold me on it, what a great idea as well as having the huge door right beside it. Hoping to stow the bikes in that area while travelling, then lock them to the bumper when we set up camp. And the shower really does look nice

Thanks all for your replies, keep them coming. I figure the more feedback I get the better prepared I will be for the next time we go and inspect it.

Happy easter!
Old 03-26-2016, 10:09 AM   #13
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Welcome superflygary...I know some folks in the lower inland have made good deals on Outdoor RV products in Kamloops and Kelowna. I've heard good and bad things about the dealer in lower mainland ( O'Connor in Chilliwack right?).
Given the crappy US exchange on the Canadian dollar and the issue of the oil patch in the tank..the Canadian ORV trailer market is down significantly.....especially Alberta. I understand ORV is selling lots of trailers in the US to make up for the lack of Canadian sales. So Canadian prices are high with limited selection due to low inventory.
Good luck and welcome.
Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:11 AM   #14
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Sorry....Lower mainland...an upcountry person slip up.!!
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase