Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2015, 06:01 PM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Each time I have contacted Gail, he has always been prompt on getting back to me. It is much better dealing with ORV than a dealer in my opinion.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2015, 04:15 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Just want everyone to know that we got our cover for our mushroom attic vent today. Thanks Gail for getting it to us. This weekend looks like lots of rain so it came just in time. Now to finish the winterization job and take it to lower elevation (my dad's house) for the winter.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:48 PM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
Just want everyone to know that we got our cover for our mushroom attic vent today. Thanks Gail for getting it to us. This weekend looks like lots of rain so it came just in time. Now to finish the winterization job and take it to lower elevation (my dad's house) for the winter.
Remember to put a dab of silicone/glue on the threads before installing it.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:55 PM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thanks for letting us know that the ORV team came trough for you. We knew they would.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:17 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZYA View Post
Remember to put a dab of silicone/glue on the threads before installing it.
Already had that in the plans. DH just had to find where he put it. Thanks.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:09 PM   #20

I wanted to follow up re my warranty issues. First, a big thank you to Jamie at ORV for coming thru and taking care of my issues! Awesome. Second, we just returned from our first and second trips. It was fantastic! We had sun, rain and very chilly weather. Our trailer was warm and cozy. In fact, the fireplace heater didn't disappoint. Here comes the "but". The thermostat in the fireplace didn't work as it never shut off. I have a temperamental lower back. The bed was great, but the cushions in the dinette seats and the sofa bottomed out. My back was not happy. It's great to have extra deep cushions, but the material used (no matter how thick) has to be good quality. I just couldn't get any support on the sofa either. So, first on the list is replacing the foam in the cushions for a much higher grade material. The sofa is going too! Will be looking for some higher quality furniture, probably reclining loveseat. Any suggestions? I hear Lane is a good product. Haven't been impressed with the RV furniture. It feels cheesy and I don't want to throw away good money. Many thanks to ORV for making an incredibly wonderful trailer. However, I would recommend upgrading those seat cushions if your touting them as better than the industry standard. ��
Windtalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:38 PM   #21

Did you get down on the floor and drop the panel at the bottom and ajust the themostat
oh oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:42 PM   #22

We took the sofa out and put two lazy boys in.
oh oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:11 PM   #23
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windtalker View Post
I wanted to follow up re my warranty issues. First, a big thank you to Jamie at ORV for coming thru and taking care of my issues! Awesome. Second, we just returned from our first and second trips. It was fantastic! We had sun, rain and very chilly weather. Our trailer was warm and cozy. In fact, the fireplace heater didn't disappoint. Here comes the "but". The thermostat in the fireplace didn't work as it never shut off. I have a temperamental lower back. The bed was great, but the cushions in the dinette seats and the sofa bottomed out. My back was not happy. It's great to have extra deep cushions, but the material used (no matter how thick) has to be good quality. I just couldn't get any support on the sofa either. So, first on the list is replacing the foam in the cushions for a much higher grade material. The sofa is going too! Will be looking for some higher quality furniture, probably reclining loveseat. Any suggestions? I hear Lane is a good product. Haven't been impressed with the RV furniture. It feels cheesy and I don't want to throw away good money. Many thanks to ORV for making an incredibly wonderful trailer. However, I would recommend upgrading those seat cushions if your touting them as better than the industry standard. ��
Good job orvpdman....
Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:57 PM   #24

Nope. I adjusted the thermostat using the remote. I'll give that job to DH.
Windtalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:15 PM   #25

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Our fireplace thermostat, at the bottom right corner of the fireplace, works ok. Except that when it turns off, it blows cold air. Most electric heaters turn off the heating element and the blower when they reach their temperature set point. Our Dimpex unit turns of the heating element and not the blower, thus the cold air.

This is all academic for us. Our fireplace frequently trips the over-temperature breaker and will not operate until it cools down. Then it usually trips again, right away. The Dimplex folks say it needs cleaning. I haven't got around to that yet.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

MR. WONDERFUL
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:18 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBob View Post
Our fireplace thermostat, at the bottom right corner of the fireplace, works ok. Except that when it turns off, it blows cold air. Most electric heaters turn off the heating element and the blower when they reach their temperature set point. Our Dimpex unit turns of the heating element and not the blower, thus the cold air.

This is all academic for us. Our fireplace frequently trips the over-temperature breaker and will not operate until it cools down. Then it usually trips again, right away. The Dimplex folks say it needs cleaning. I haven't got around to that yet.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

MR. WONDERFUL
I put the heat temp on high and it stays there until we turn it off, one of the few things we have not have had an issue with so I won't quibble about a thermostat. We really like the fireplace (reminds us of our wood stove at home), it heats the trailer nicely, I have no problem turning it off with the remote when it gets too warm. So to answer your question, it has never tripped the over temperature breaker.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:18 PM   #27

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1010 View Post
I put the heat temp on high and it stays there until we turn it off, one of the few things we have not have had an issue with so I won't quibble about a thermostat. We really like the fireplace (reminds us of our wood stove at home), it heats the trailer nicely, I have no problem turning it off with the remote when it gets too warm. So to answer your question, it has never tripped the over temperature breaker.
We love our fireplace as well, when it was working. Thus we are even more sad now that we have to use our $20 Titan that has worked perfectly for probably 10 years....

I think that part of our problem may be the fact that carpet in the slideout partially blocks the fireplace inlet at the bottom of the unit. I will operate on that over the weekend.

Bob (aka MR. WONDERFUL, that's too hard to type...)
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 06:44 PM   #28

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Contact Likes2Camp for fireplace info. I think they took their fireplace all apart.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote