Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2017, 04:05 PM   #1

Not enjoying the TT storage game

The storage company where I park the TT stated that the shortest spot I can rent is forty feet. I should add that its a graveled lot and is a free for all situation, no spots are marked in any way or assigned :( every time you pull back in its a hunt for a parking spot.

I don't care for that, but storage parking is sparse around Seattle at best and the price isn't too steep in comparison with other lots.

Now the interesting bit, as the weather warms I happen to be onsite and the manager strolls by and asks me to move into a spot very near the entrance, these spots are way less than 40 (of course he wants to get more trailers in the longer spots if he can get me moved ..).

While not trying to be unaccommodating I explain that my newbie backup skills are not great, I'm not certain if I could even get the thing turned quick enough to get in and out (especially considering someone else could back a TT in super close right next to me).
Also I paid for a forty foot spot ...

The thing is, there is a hedge, I'm guessing to be about maybe 20 - 30 feet in front of where I'd estimate the front of my TV would be when hooked up)

I'd like to hear your opinions and experience on this sort of thing ?

My TT (20FQ) is 25ft, TV is 20ft, for argument sake lets assume the trailer next door is 4 feet away from mine and the same length.
What would be a guess as a "safe" amount of space in front of the TV needed to be able to get in and out with a quick turn like that ?
Tbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2017, 05:28 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I feel you pain, Finding a storage spot can be a real pain in the backside. When we first got our trailer we found a spot close to home that was not too expensive and looked like a good place. What a nightmare to back into (imagine Austin Powers with a fifth wheel).
Started looking for a new place right away. While the new place is not as convenient we get an assigned spot that is 15 feet wide and 40 feet long and we pay by the foot. They have a wash station and are in the process of putting in a sani dump. The bonus is I can work on the RV with no issues and the on site caretaker always come over to say Hi.

Keep looking, you might just find a better spot.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:54 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Keep looking, works for me.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:39 PM   #4

Thanks folks, yep I'm already on a wait list for something that sounds similar to the place Rickeoni describes. Sounds like a long list, but I'll get to the top!
Old 05-31-2017, 09:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbur View Post
Thanks folks, yep I'm already on a wait list for something that sounds similar to the place Rickeoni describes. Sounds like a long list, but I'll get to the top!

Grr. Next door fifth wheel turned too quickly pulling out and his bumper caught my front storage pass through. Submitted the ~1200 quote to his insurance company today. I worried this might happen , considering how tightly we are packed in, but figured it was long odds. And yep.. his was a brand new, no license plates yet.

I know my ORV is attractive, but really ...! Keep your bumpers to yourself.. lol. - ,Might as well get a chuckle out of this sort of thing..
Old 06-01-2017, 05:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
Keep looking, works for me.
I agree. When I had storage I drove a bit more out of the city and found a spot half the price. Considering the time I visited the TT, it was well worth it.

Drive further away and get what you want.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage