RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:10 AM   #1

Official Member of the 25RDS Club...

Well I picked up my TR 25RDS last Friday!! Its better than i could of imagined. My 2 teenage sons love it and don't mind sleeping on the mountain dinette and pull out sofa. There is so much room, cabinets, drawers, and the layout it awesome.

I purchased it for Apache Camping in Everett WA. They all did a great job!! It was a day from hell cause but they made it all good in the end. The PDI went great with just a deep scratch on the face of a drawer and a loose stitch in the couch. Although I did find the awning support bracket with the top lag bolt pulled out and the bottom bolt only half way in when I got home. I'm not the guy that likes to take the trailer to the dealer unless its a major fix. So I filled the stripped out holes with liquid nails, put on some sealant, and then screwed them bolts back in...let dry a day. Rolled the awning in and it worked perfect.

I spent the day playing with all the goodies in the trailer and adding the Bal-lock braces to help with the bouncy trailer when parked. I think cause of the big tires, big suspension, and shocks it feels like the trailer is more bouncy. Doesn't matter though cause the braces work perfect. I took a couple of pics out at the park and ride where i dialed in the WDH (see below). The dealer doesn't do this very well cause they just take a few measurements and hook up nor is the trailer loaded up when they do it. So I packed the from storage and filled the gas tank and headed to a level spot.

Anywho, can't wait to go camping Memorial Day weekend!!!

FYI - The 20# tanks are on there because the dealer doesn't fill the 30# tanks before delivery...weird. I just wanted to have the extra weight for the tongue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1424.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	202616   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1423.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	202618  

dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2018, 06:43 AM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Congratulations.

brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:46 AM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Congratulations!
ModestMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:28 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Looking good.
I have to agree about the suspension and tires creating the bounce effect, even when the jacks are firmly on the ground. I have been considering installing the Bal lock arms as well. Did you find that a single set solved your problem?
Old 05-14-2018, 10:05 AM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Welcome to the ORV world, great looking Rig.
Grump010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:53 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Congratulations on the new rig. The RDS is a great floorplan.
Super Thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 05:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTricky View Post
Looking good.
I have to agree about the suspension and tires creating the bounce effect, even when the jacks are firmly on the ground. I have been considering installing the Bal lock arms as well. Did you find that a single set solved your problem?
I have 3 sets of them. I have one set on the back going the width of the trailer. I have 2 sets in the front one set going the length of the trailer and one at an angle pointed towards the tongue. I would rather it going the width like the back but there is nowhere to mount them that direction up front. It still works great tho. The install was super easy I just had to buy longer bolts for the attachment to the foot pad of the stabilizer. The bolts that come with the kit are smaller so they donít work. If you end up getting them I can post pics and some handy tricks to make it work better. Things I learned the hard way and can Dave you time.
dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:51 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropnaduece View Post
I have 3 sets of them. I have one set on the back going the width of the trailer. I have 2 sets in the front one set going the length of the trailer and one at an angle pointed towards the tongue. I would rather it going the width like the back but there is nowhere to mount them that direction up front. It still works great tho. The install was super easy I just had to buy longer bolts for the attachment to the foot pad of the stabilizer. The bolts that come with the kit are smaller so they donít work. If you end up getting them I can post pics and some handy tricks to make it work better. Things I learned the hard way and can Dave you time.
Thanks for sharing your configuration.
I looked at where to mount the front set and delayed ordering them until I could figure out where to mount to the frame.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:58 PM   #9

Love that floor plan. If the kiddo didnít need a bunk I would of considered this model. Enjoy!
dconnolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:50 AM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropnaduece View Post
Those sound interesting. Pictures?

Congrats on the 25RDSówe sure love ours. Sorry you had to deal with the awning problem and sure glad you got it fixed quickly.
BornToWander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 02:51 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Congrats!

Onetigger725 is offline   Reply With Quote