Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2019, 04:35 PM   #1

ORV Anniversary Series trailers

I was just on YouTube looking for something else, and found this new video from ORV. They are showing off their Anniversary Series trailers. Not many details on floorplans, but there is a walk through on a Blackstone 250RDS.

https://youtu.be/jLjtDdBUGIg
LearningMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2019, 06:35 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I love the auto leveling! I hope that is an option on future units.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:58 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We had the choice a few weeks back when we bought our new 2020 titanium 280rks. We didn’t want to wait to order and found a perfect fully loaded titanium so we bought it. The anniversary series is an awesome value though. I wish we got the leveling and I really want the holes to the dump valves. I may have to break out my hole saw.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:35 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Looks like a great TT. Sadly, the gap between what mine is worth and what the new ones cost is getting wider.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:38 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Money View Post
I love the auto leveling! I hope that is an option on future units.
I was told auto-leveling will be standard on titanium going forward. Electric stabilizers standard on other.
wprather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:45 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Is it side to side and front to back leveling?
Old 10-01-2019, 11:07 PM   #7
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Other than the auto leveling and new decals.....where are the significant changes?

Nice they dumped the old converter charger from wfco.

Other than that..my mods are a lot like this trailer..only it’s a 2013.
They could have added a built in good quality built in surge protector with reverse polarity, high and low voltage protection...especially given most of the electronics ie mobile phones, computers, tablets etc are very very frequency, voltage sensitive.

Nice unit..it is still a trailer and a trailer is a trailer is a trailer...and I guarantee we will hear from someone on the forum that their anniversary ORV trailer has issues...

Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:27 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Here is the aftermarket version and yes it does FB and SS leveling. Each jack can support 3000lbs so four can handle 12000 lbs.

https://store.lci1.com/ground-contro...it-672136.html

Not sure it is worth 3K plus installation.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:40 PM   #9

Very interesting! We just ordered a 2020 Black Stone 280KVS Titanium -- a new floorplan. I need to touch base with our dealer to see if the Lippert Ground Control TT Auto Leveling will be included.

Also very curious to see what other floorplan will be available.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:54 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy the sly old fox View Post
Here is the aftermarket version and yes it does FB and SS leveling. Each jack can support 3000lbs so four can handle 12000 lbs.

https://store.lci1.com/ground-contro...it-672136.html

Not sure it is worth 3K plus installation.
I downloaded the owners manual for the Ground Control system. Is says that "The leveling system should only be operated under the following conditions: 1) Make sure the trailer is parked on solid and level ground. The locations should also be free of surface depression and moisture...".

That doesn't sound like most places I've parked a trailer or motorhome. If the parking spot is level, why do I need a power leveling system? I wonder how the system works in the real world.
LearningMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 11:03 AM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I really like the KISS system,,, Keep It Simple, Stupid. If it can go wrong, it will. The self leveling is great, when and where it works. My budget doesn't go that high.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by litzdog911 View Post
Very interesting! We just ordered a 2020 Black Stone 280KVS Titanium -- a new floorplan. I need to touch base with our dealer to see if the Lippert Ground Control TT Auto Leveling will be included.

Also very curious to see what other floorplans will be available.
Our dealer confirmed that the new 2020 Titanium models will also include the Auto Leveling System.

Still waiting to hear what other models are included in the "Anniversary Series".
Old 10-02-2019, 11:22 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearningMore View Post
I downloaded the owners manual for the Ground Control system. Is says that "The leveling system should only be operated under the following conditions: 1) Make sure the trailer is parked on solid and level ground. The locations should also be free of surface depression and moisture...".

That doesn't sound like most places I've parked a trailer or motorhome. If the parking spot is level, why do I need a power leveling system? I wonder how the system works in the real world.
Many RV MFG's are using the LCI leveling system. Jayco has had it on several of their TT models for a dew years.

https://rvbusiness.com/thor-towable-...eling-systems/

No different than 4-6 pt leveling on a 5th wheel. I think the need to be level is a CYA for LCI. Kinda like don't jack up the TT using the axles to change a flat.

We camp a lot and for the most part we're only 0-4" out of level max. Throwing a few blocks under the jacks would be a lot easier than backing up on blocks or even Beach Lane levelers like I have.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 12:41 PM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
How about mounting a electric tongue jack at each corner.

Tags
trailer