Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2018, 07:06 PM   #71

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
My synology and WD Red showed up today. It was quick to assemble, slightly painful to setup, slightly more painful to map the drive, but it's all working perfectly now - emby is installed, infuse likes it.

I do have a question... your APTV4, did you connect the HDMI to your Fusion, or did you simply connect it to the TV? I don't know that the TV's have ARC back to the Fusion unit (yes, I plan to replace my two furrions per your guide)... the reason I ask is, in my unit, I'll have two tv's. And while I can afford two APTV4's, I've certainly considered just having the one, and moving it from the living room to the bedroom and back as needed.

Well actually that would work no matter, just leave the HDMI cord hanging from the Fusion in either room, and move it. If you had two power cords, and two HDMI cables, I suppose that would work just fine.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2018, 03:14 PM   #72
R.B

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
My synology and WD Red showed up today. It was quick to assemble, slightly painful to setup, slightly more painful to map the drive, but it's all working perfectly now - emby is installed, infuse likes it.

I do have a question... your APTV4, did you connect the HDMI to your Fusion, or did you simply connect it to the TV? I don't know that the TV's have ARC back to the Fusion unit (yes, I plan to replace my two furrions per your guide)... the reason I ask is, in my unit, I'll have two tv's. And while I can afford two APTV4's, I've certainly considered just having the one, and moving it from the living room to the bedroom and back as needed.

Well actually that would work no matter, just leave the HDMI cord hanging from the Fusion in either room, and move it. If you had two power cords, and two HDMI cables, I suppose that would work just fine.
I have the Apple TV plugged into HDMI 2 on the Jensen TV. The HDMI 1 is plugged into the Fusion receiver, and ARC works to send the audio there. I do sometimes have to re-enable ARC on the TV though. We only have the one TV, but it'd be easy to move if needed.
R.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:06 PM   #73

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.B View Post
I have the Apple TV plugged into HDMI 2 on the Jensen TV. The HDMI 1 is plugged into the Fusion receiver, and ARC works to send the audio there. I do sometimes have to re-enable ARC on the TV though. We only have the one TV, but it'd be easy to move if needed.
Fair enough... I'm searching for a good price on two of those units.

Hey, have you ever thought about setting up a sound bar on your tv? I've been giving it some thought, but haven't come to a conclusion yet. It will be a little helpful once the RV gets here. I'm a stickler for at least decent dialogue.. I saw your polk replacement, get that, but I just wonder if a facing sounding bar would work better or not.

It seem seem like my unit would do well with a pair of them...
Old 01-20-2018, 07:32 AM   #74
R.B

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Fair enough... I'm searching for a good price on two of those units.

Hey, have you ever thought about setting up a sound bar on your tv? I've been giving it some thought, but haven't come to a conclusion yet. It will be a little helpful once the RV gets here. I'm a stickler for at least decent dialogue.. I saw your polk replacement, get that, but I just wonder if a facing sounding bar would work better or not.

It seem seem like my unit would do well with a pair of them...
I think that would be an overall improvement. The Fusion has two extra sound channels that are unused, so it'd be easy to hook one up there or even directly to the TV.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:29 AM   #75

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
In looking at the photo here -> http://www.irv2.com/forums/f282/lets...ml#post3988874

It looks like the ethernet cable from the POE is actually also powering the ubiquiti. Reading the spec sheet, it shows it's happy with 24 volt POE as it's power, but I want to confirm, your input power to the POE injector is 12 volts yes?
Old 01-21-2018, 04:17 PM   #76
R.B

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
In looking at the photo here -> http://www.irv2.com/forums/f282/lets...ml#post3988874

It looks like the ethernet cable from the POE is actually also powering the ubiquiti. Reading the spec sheet, it shows it's happy with 24 volt POE as it's power, but I want to confirm, your input power to the POE injector is 12 volts yes?
Yes. That injector takes a fairly wide voltage range (12V in this case) and converts it to 24V PoE.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:36 PM   #77

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Yes. That injector takes a fairly wide voltage range (12V in this case) and converts it to 24V PoE.
Brilliant. I'm curious how to tapped that power. did you cut the wires going to the stereo and just add a set of wires in butt connectors or something?
Old 01-22-2018, 08:32 AM   #78
R.B

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Brilliant. I'm curious how to tapped that power. did you cut the wires going to the stereo and just add a set of wires in butt connectors or something?
It's been a while since I first splice into hose wires, but, yeah, it was something like that. The power back there went to both the stereo and USB/12V plug, so I just added another splice.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:57 AM   #79

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
It's been a while since I first splice into hose wires, but, yeah, it was something like that. The power back there went to both the stereo and USB/12V plug, so I just added another splice.
And then you ran it through one of those 3 switches didn't you.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:33 AM   #80
R.B

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
And then you ran it through one of those 3 switches didn't you.
Yeah. One switch is the external PoE, one is the weBoost, and the other is the PoE for the router/AP.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:57 PM   #81

Outdoors RV Owners Club
TV/ Satellite connection

So the two connections outside which is satellite and which one is cable ? or does it matter ?
OURTNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:05 AM   #82

Outdoors RV Owners Club
It matters, not least because they connect to different things, but they should have been labeled. Not a big deal probably because you can just try them both next time you hook up to cable. Again, be sure to push the button on the wall plate that turns off the antenna amplifier when you use cable (the light should be off for cable).
BornToWander is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable