Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2017, 12:25 AM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
ORV has a new website

Check it out at ORV | Outdoors RV Manufacturing

Looks like some new floorplans in Glacier Peak, and Creekside.

I have never liked the way they emphasize the Mountain and Titanium. I think it is easier to explain the Creekside, Timber Ridge and Blackstone first as the size, wt an slide differences, then say they come in two trim levels - Mountain and Titanium. As for the Black Rock and the Back Country - unless they plan to have another trim level for this class there is no need for both a class and trim level. Just my opinion yours may vary.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2017, 04:24 AM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Looks like they are dropping some floor plans as well.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:16 AM   #3

Maybe I wrong but it looks like they got rid of the U shaped dinette...I thought for sure they used to have one
Sky1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1926 View Post
Maybe I wrong but it looks like they got rid of the U shaped dinette...I thought for sure they used to have one
I don't know if the change is across their whole lineup but they explain why the changes in this video. I never did like the U dinettes as they never seemed an efficient use of space.

60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy the sly old fox View Post

I have never liked the way they emphasize the Mountain and Titanium. I think it is easier to explain the Creekside, Timber Ridge and Blackstone first as the size, wt an slide differences, then say they come in two trim levels - Mountain and Titanium. As for the Black Rock and the Back Country - unless they plan to have another trim level for this class there is no need for both a class and trim level. Just my opinion yours may vary.
I would agree with you. I was looking for some information on their lineup a while back and noticed the same thing.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy the sly old fox View Post

I'm loving my 23RKS Creekside Mountain Lite. Probably, the best of all worlds!
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:18 PM   #7

I just ordered the 21 DBS assuming it had the u-shaped dinette as that's what the 2017 model had. I learned they switched to the booth dinette after ordering. There are 5 of us. I'm good with it as it makes the table bigger. We'll probably buy a director's chair and have a person sit facing the window.
GoLeafsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:24 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Could that slide handle the weight of 5 adult men?
Old 12-14-2017, 10:07 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
You noticed they did not show the side with the three people in it.

I agree that the table is bigger - however they could have done something similar in the 25DBS by making the table top wider and moving it towards the living room slightly. Now with ours we have the back "seat" that is on wheels so you can turn the table and put 4 people in the seats and move the wheeled seat to the living room side.

We also like to sit with out backs to the window and legs along the bench for reading or watching TV,

It looks like the 20FQ is the only rig left with the U.

Did anyone look at the new 21KVS ? what a huge rear kitchen- no overhead cabinets?
Old 12-15-2017, 09:57 AM   #10

Myself and three of my friends sat in the U shasped dinette slide out of my previous Nash 23D. I was sure it would tip over since not one of us is under 220 lbs. I like my booth in my new 280RKS better but the old dinette was able to handle the weight so I have to give it a thumb up for strength.
ktn1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:11 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My floor plan is cancelled all together. Too bad since it offers the standard queen and tons more storage for a trailer this size. Not as sleek looking as the new trailers though but almost all of them have the short queen bed now.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:06 PM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The U shaped dinette with the movable ottoman was a big selling feature for SWMBO.