Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2019, 07:35 AM   #29

Yeah, and the RV Association is doing such a good job now with the domestic products!!! NOT.
Trsweener is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2019, 07:18 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLOY View Post
Thery are trying to bring offshore RVs in but the RV Associations are fighting them.
Apparently the quality won't be any good unless the offshore RVs are certified by a North American RV Association.
That association is holding back competition that could turn the tables in the consumers favor. No wonder they are fighting them. This association is suspect.

Someone quoted how their RV brand won the dealer satisfaction survey (another association) year after year. How useful is that when dealers are full of ****? However, an RV brand winning a customer satisfaction survey year after year would be valuable.
Mtn. Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 10:24 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Ranger View Post
We picked up our new 250RKS T last week and took it out for a shake down cruise. The only things that didn't work were the bedroom ceiling fan wouldn't reverse to the "air in' mode and the Fusion HDMI cable wasn't installed at the back of the unit. However I noted that the edge of the door slider inside paneling about 2 inches in had either been broken off and glued into place or damaged so that a large crack was exposed running up the wall about 16 inches. The crack is located right next to the forward recliner and quite visiable to anyone looking at the wall. I'm surprized that ORV quality checks didn't catch this. And it appears that this will be very difficult to repair as it will likely mean replacement of the entire laminated slider side wall. The second issue is there is a 4 inch lag screw protruding from the main slider wall where someone put the screw in on an angle and it came out the side of the wall. The other issue is there is no privacy screen for the front door. The equipment list shows one, videos and brouchers show one. I called ORV and after two calls got in touch with the warrantee person. He took our trailer information and we haven't heard back from him. On our way home we stopped by the dealer to have them seal a leak in the awning rain gutter and I gave them a list of the issues. They seemed very helpful and seemed to be ready to do something about them. I'm a bit disappointed in ORV that they would let such glaring workmanship related defects out of their plant. Has anyone else experienced workmanship related quality issues with a new ORV? Is this normal?
Yes, I experienced some pretty egregious quality issues with our new 2020 model as well. Welcome to the club. I'm pretty disappointed as are you.
Geargut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 10:34 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by keymastr View Post
I am also curious. I know there have been a couple folks here in the last year that had legitimate issues but there have been many many more who have not and have shown pictures of the same areas of their trailers that are nothing like the ones who did have problems. There were a couple instances of fasteners backing out of roof decking because someone loaded the gun with ones that were too short. There was also a few who had plumbing leaks because the wrong fitting was used, particularly on the outdoor kitchens.

No trailer is perfect no matter how much you pay for it. ORV trailers are a better value in my opinion than most others on the market but that does not mean they are trouble free. And while your heating concern is legitimate it would not be a deal breaker for me.I have to assume there was something more wrong with yours to make it worth the hit of selling in the first year.

Lots of people work in RV factories and not all of them are good workers. You also cannot watch everything a worker does nor is there an inspection process at each step during the build. You do not want to pay what that would cost which is why nobody does that.

Most manufacturers refer you to their dealer for warranty work and do not even offer support as far as drawings or knowledge of how some part is installed so even simple repairs are much more difficult. At least with ORV you can call or email and get a response and some answers on what would be the best approach as well as diagrams to show where structural members are etc. Try getting that from the big 3 trailer manufacturers.

Ya know, one common theme I see from those singing the praises of ORV is "Outdoors RV owners club" in the signature.
Geargut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 01:54 PM   #33

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geargut View Post
Ya know, one common theme I see from those singing the praises of ORV is "Outdoors RV owners club" in the signature.
The "Club" annotation is added by iRV2, I believe after someone has posted "X" times. Maybe an iRV2 administrator can clarify that. In any event, there is no real "Club" with meetings, bylaws, officers, etc.

By the way, count me in on the "Satisified ORV Customer" list, and we are the original owners of the rig shown below.

Bob
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:48 PM   #34

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModestMonk View Post
He did a while back and you posted to it here
that quote is from a year ago
Old 08-25-2019, 08:23 PM   #35

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Call me a Kool-Aid drinker - my 17 Timber Ridge has been just fine.
Old 08-25-2019, 11:19 PM   #36

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1566796633-picsay.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	258006  
Old 08-26-2019, 06:31 PM   #37

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Took the words right out of my mouth!
Old 08-28-2019, 08:25 AM   #38

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Ditto
pdxgwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 08:45 PM   #39

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Me too! And I stand behind my post that was quoted above. Many manufacturers scrub negative posts from their owners forums. At least with our "club" we admit the shortcomings and try to offer solutions and increase the knowledge of the group so we all can benefit. And the factory offers great support. Many other brands will not even talk to you, they leave you at the mercy of your dealer. Have fun with that.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:42 PM   #40

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I guess I’m drinking the kool aid also, start with a good foundation. Good bones and go from there. Nothing is perfect, enter the human factor.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:42 AM   #41

This is what I know. The people at ORV frequently scan these forums. And the ORV Facebook. I think it is important to post the issues so they know about their short comings. I think if one believes that he or she is going to go to another brand and think they are going to get all the features that Northwood and ORV offer and at a similar price?..................I think that's going to be a struggle. I wish there was a better quality control element in place. Maybe inspectors on the floor throughout the build process? Don't know. I've not had any quality control or craftsmanship related issues with my 2015 20fq. There's stuff that I look at and think, "if I did that I'd have done it better". But overall, zero complaints.
Vintage465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:45 AM   #42

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have to confess, I'm a ORV Kool-aid drinker as well. A few problems out of the blocks but nothing less than stellar service from everyone that I've contacted either by email or voice. All issues were resolved to our satisfaction. We've been SOB owners of many different brands and this by far has been the best ownership experience of them all.

Cheers, I'll tuck away the apple crate now 8^)
Daryl B.
Grump010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality