Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2019, 11:55 AM   #43

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I read these threads about quality and how the factory is ignoring them and doesn't call beck. Really... I have been to every rally and know all the people that are on the websuite videos and they know who I am and I live 1000 miles from the factory. I see them once a year. If I have a problem they will help me. I am out of warranty so I pay. IMO,, anyone that gets ignored or not helped by the factory has probably earned it. If I didn't think that the factory management it top people in their field and are there to help I wouldn't be here now. These guys really want to build a quality trailer, be the best. They don't have fancy oak lined and glass offices. They are there to work. They personally use the products they make. They are not owned or controlled by a giant like Thor or Fleetwood or Winnebago. They are a sister of Northwood but completely separate in many ways. That was the design of Ron Nash.

The trailer I have now is not perfect in many ways and never has been. There is always a little something not perfect. A wallpaper edge is not stuck down, there is a smear of silicone not perfect, and I have fixed a few things. It's part of owning an RV. But everything has always worked. No electrical or plumbing or structure issues. I have had no stripped screws or flooring issues.

The factory has learned and improved the product since mine rolled off the line. The fit and finish is much tighter and cleaner. The quality of products used is higher. Steps, counter tops, flooring, inverter, stabilizers, and the list is long. That's what I want to see.

This is an owners forum and we are here to help other owners that are having issues. First, if you can easily fix it, then fix it. If you can't then bring it here and perhaps we can help with advice. Next, take pictures and contact your dealer and send them the pictures. Then contact the factory and send them the pictures and tell you dealer that the factory has been notified. If the dealer can't or won't fix it tell the factory and ask for advice. Perhaps a different dealer or RV repair.

Now it's time for me to start thinking about some fall trips.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2019, 01:38 PM   #44

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I emailed the factory with non RV related question on Monday morning, I received a reply in 2 hours and 15 minutes. I guess I am not on the " ignore list"
Old 08-29-2019, 04:28 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
I read these threads about quality and how the factory is ignoring them and doesn't call beck. Really... I have been to every rally and know all the people that are on the websuite videos and they know who I am and I live 1000 miles from the factory. I see them once a year. If I have a problem they will help me. I am out of warranty so I pay. IMO,, anyone that gets ignored or not helped by the factory has probably earned it. If I didn't think that the factory management it top people in their field and are there to help I wouldn't be here now. These guys really want to build a quality trailer, be the best. They don't have fancy oak lined and glass offices. They are there to work. They personally use the products they make. They are not owned or controlled by a giant like Thor or Fleetwood or Winnebago. They are a sister of Northwood but completely separate in many ways. That was the design of Ron Nash.

The trailer I have now is not perfect in many ways and never has been. There is always a little something not perfect. A wallpaper edge is not stuck down, there is a smear of silicone not perfect, and I have fixed a few things. It's part of owning an RV. But everything has always worked. No electrical or plumbing or structure issues. I have had no stripped screws or flooring issues.

The factory has learned and improved the product since mine rolled off the line. The fit and finish is much tighter and cleaner. The quality of products used is higher. Steps, counter tops, flooring, inverter, stabilizers, and the list is long. That's what I want to see.

This is an owners forum and we are here to help other owners that are having issues. First, if you can easily fix it, then fix it. If you can't then bring it here and perhaps we can help with advice. Next, take pictures and contact your dealer and send them the pictures. Then contact the factory and send them the pictures and tell you dealer that the factory has been notified. If the dealer can't or won't fix it tell the factory and ask for advice. Perhaps a different dealer or RV repair.

Now it's time for me to start thinking about some fall trips.
Ha! Best of the worst maybe...RV construction is the worst. I've climbed under and over Outdoor trailers at the shows for years and seen the same messes and screw ups that the other brands have.

Being dedicated to something and suceeding at it are 2 different things.
ALLOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 05:43 PM   #46

I drank the kool aid but mine tasted bad. On the upside I got 5 walls instead of 4 so I guess I’m lucky there!
Justa5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:47 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justa5th View Post
I drank the kool aid but mine tasted bad. On the upside I got 5 walls instead of 4 so I guess I’m lucky there!
That's very funny!. ....and did the factory respond to you in 2 hours when asked about your lucky extra wall.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:15 AM   #48

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We have had our Timber Ridge for 3 years now. We use it a lot. We took it to Alaska, Oregon and points between. It has not been perfect but working with the staff at ORV the manufacturers issues have been dealt with. Wear and maintenance are our responsibility and we have had some of that. Some springs, tires, propane pigtails, to name a few. I’m surprised we have not had more considering the distance and where we have travelled with it. Even out of the warranty period ORV has been great to us and the people on their staff have been very helpful where they could because they have their limitations as to what they can do. I’m glad we got to meet some of them and put faces to names that have assisted us since we purchased our TT. I see posts on this forum from people who are always positive regardless of what’s happened and there are those who if they have a bad day everyone has to have a bad day. While I like to try to be positive there are days.....
I read somewhere on this forum where someone said “ORVs were the best house in a bad neighborhood”. I think that’s a pretty good analogy.
Super Thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:49 AM   #49

If anyone gets down and dirty doing mods then they'll see the same problems that plague the RV industry. I've had multiple panels and drawers out to run wires for various mods. I see the same poorly stapled connections in wood, the spaghetti wire mess behind the converter, the split wood from staples. ORV installs switches, plug ins, etc in the thin Luan paneling just like the rest.

It's all about labor costs. Time is money. I'm still finding staples in the carpet thats in front of the slide in my 25RDS. Bare feet finds then the best. Ouch. Good news is I think I found the last one.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 11:39 AM   #50

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Does anyone think that the walls of their houses are perfect behind the drywall. Take the cover plate off any light switch or wall receptacle and see how the holes are cut. RVs are houses and not cars. They could be built more like boats, but then the price would skyrocket.

That's my opinion and I am sticking with it. I really don't care if anyone agrees with me or not, because I form my opinions based on my experiences and not on anecdotal evidence of internet experts.
Old 08-31-2019, 07:41 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickeoni View Post
Does anyone think that the walls of their houses are perfect behind the drywall. Take the cover plate off any light switch or wall receptacle and see how the holes are cut. RVs are houses and not cars. They could be built more like boats, but then the price would skyrocket.

That's my opinion and I am sticking with it. I really don't care if anyone agrees with me or not, because I form my opinions based on my experiences and not on anecdotal evidence of internet experts.
This is an exceedingly correct statement. In many ways I think we just need to "get over it" and realize that we get what we need with ORV in the big picture. If what you need is perfect RV, then you probably need to plan on going to another brand. Problem is as the "quality and attention to detail" goes up, it also moves to completely different type rig that is not suitable for the type camping that "most of us ORV-ers" do. And like I said....ORV monitors these posts and pages. They can take steps to correct things. They're a business, they're going to address things from a business perspective and not necessarily from a "customer-joy or customer complaint" perspective.

My eyes aren't closed or my head stuck in the sand regarding ORV quality issues....I just like camping more than policing the companies quality.
Vintage465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 08:27 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickeoni View Post

Who thinks they'll need to sell thier home and buy a new one every 5 years becase the workmanship and constuction is so bad.
Old 08-31-2019, 09:27 AM   #53

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLOY View Post
Who thinks they'll need to sell thier home and buy a new one every 5 years becase the workmanship and constuction is so bad.
Who sells their RV every five years because the construction is bad?

Do you remember the rain screen disaster that struck the housing industry 15 years ago?

Do you do any maintenance on your house? If you let your roof on your house leak for years guess what?

Most people accept on-going repairs on their homes as the cost of ownership.

How many trade up on vehicles when the warranty expires?

Just a few point for discussion.

Please share what type of RV you own that has no issues.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:03 AM   #54

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My ORV trailer is the nicest, best built, with the best materials, that I can afford. An Airstream would cost 3X what mine cost and I just can't do that. I really don't know of any other builder that builds a better trailer than the ORV even close to the same price level. I have done many upgrades and maintenance is just part of owning an RV. A RV does not have to be perfect in any way to be a great RV. There are no perfect RV's. Sometime we get caught up in the "Missing Tile Syndrome".
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 02:54 PM   #55

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Never had a problem with ORV not calling back...Usually get right through to parts and items are shipped promptly.

No complaints here. On our second Creekside now.
infowars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:26 PM   #56

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage465 View Post
This is an exceedingly correct statement. In many ways I think we just need to "get over it" and realize that we get what we need with ORV in the big picture. If what you need is perfect RV, then you probably need to plan on going to another brand. Problem is as the "quality and attention to detail" goes up, it also moves to completely different type rig that is not suitable for the type camping that "most of us ORV-ers" do. And like I said....ORV monitors these posts and pages. They can take steps to correct things. They're a business, they're going to address things from a business perspective and not necessarily from a "customer-joy or customer complaint" perspective.

My eyes aren't closed or my head stuck in the sand regarding ORV quality issues....I just like camping more than policing the companies quality.

Mr. Wonderful
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality