Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2018, 07:40 PM   #15
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickeoni View Post
You have friends ?

I had only one....unfortunately he got hit by a bus.

Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2018, 08:54 PM   #16

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post

Coops
Lloyd, you are too funny.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:21 PM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post

Coops
Well played! 🤔
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:54 AM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickeoni View Post
Was then told they could not find it, I asked them to check the mechanics tool box. Miracle upon miracle it was found
We are still getting warranty work done so I'm hesitant to say much but we have serious concerns with at least one tech there. Thankfully we have one guy we trust implicitly to at least tell us the truth and we request him when he is available.
RoadDogYVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:26 PM   #19

Island Ranger, we also had problems with our stove on our 2018 Creekside 21RBS not staying lit. I read all of the post on the internet and tried moving the pilot sensor to be better centered over the pilot light. Didn't work.

So when we took our vacation this year we stopped at one of the dealers up in Oregon. They didn't have a service person at the time that could do the work so I made a appointment for service to come to our campsite to repair our oven. I covered the cost of the service call and the company covered the cost of the part. They replaced the main jet inside the oven.

Haven't had any problems with our trailer other than the oven. Now that is fixed also, but have done some sanding on the drawers to smooth the edges as a few drawers were hard to open and close.
volks1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:24 AM   #20

Outdoors RV Owners Club
This is another question somewhat along the same thread as the warrantee issue. The Furion Sound system fan makes a loud squeaking noise that I traced to the units cooling fan. The dealer is replacing the Furion unit so that is great, however while checking the unit I noticed that the cabinet is is installed in is fairly small and there is no way for the heat to vent out of the cabinet. I am planning on making a few vent holes into the larger spaces but has anyone else noticed the lack of venting or is this even an issue?
Old 12-15-2018, 11:49 AM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
[QUOTE=Island Ranger;4544752The Furion Sound system fan makes a loud squeaking noise that I traced to the units cooling fan.[/QUOTE]

You actually use that horrible thing? I unplugged the wiring harness from the back of mine so it would stop drawing parasitic Ah because it sounds so terrible and the remote is a nightmare. Replacing it with a marine unit in the spring.
RoadDogYVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:02 PM   #22

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I will trade you for the Jensen that came in my '14. Does anyone put a good entertainment center in a TT?
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:49 AM   #23

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Along with the discussion regarding air circulation, we had some issues with the Dimplex firebox fireplace ORV installs in their units. This unit is basically a electric heater with visual effects.

After about 3 months, the fireplace would not hold temperature, react to the remote control, or even shut off after reaching 80 inside! Dangerous.

Called Dimplex, the tech stated that lack of air circulation will cause the unit's electronics to fail due to overheating. ORV installs these things in a tight cabinet with no circulation at the back, top or bottom.

They pinpointed two components that needed to be replaced. They sent them to me free of charge. I removed the fake fireplace and surround, and replaced the two components inside on the top of the firebox. I also cut a 12" x 12" opening behind the fireplace, and placed window screen material to allow air to move, but keep bugs out. This area opens to the cavity where the water pump and water connections are in the fifth wheel.

Since doing this, no issues at all. Circulating air is your electronics best friend.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:10 AM   #24

Everyone slams Jensens. They do seem like cheap junk. Funny thing is my 2013 Fox with the 965 Jensen is still working perfectly. I don't use it all that much now that I've install a nice soundbar with BT. I also use a BR player for movies that pairs up with a nice 40" tv I also swapped out. I still use the Jensen with a Belkin BT so I can get some music thru the outside speakers from my phone since we listen to Pandora a lot.
No heat issues with my sound gear as every things out in the open.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote