Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2015, 11:27 AM   #1303

Thumbs up confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHut View Post
Hello alant -
We tow our 2015 Wind River 250RLSW with a Chevy 2500 Duramax SWB Crew Cab. Picked the trailer up in Utah in March 2014 and drove it back (not yet loaded with our gear) to where we were living to the panhandle of Florida. Got our gear in the trailer and back of the pickup and headed Midwest, then North and headed back to Florida. All up we have towed ~ 18,000 miles. We are currently in Tennessee and loading her up for travels to Key West for the Fall, and will head back west to Arizona this winter.

We do not utilize an equalizer hitch, nor any type of sway control. Like you we did our due diligence and found the design provided by Outdoors RV did not require those aids for our setup. The dealer concurred. Since they represent many manufacturers of trailers, they found that when towing Outdoors RV products they where in a league all their own.

We have experienced crosswinds including 60mph gusts and 45 mph sustained winds while towing. We get passed by semis on the freeway, and have felt in control under all situations. Loading the trailer and truck properly has worked for us.

On the matter of warranty work, since we brought the trailer East, there were no dealers for Outdoor RV products. All we had to do was locate a reputable repair facility, ORV contacted them about the work, we paid the repair facility and sent the invoice to ORV, then received a check for full reimbursement within a few weeks. Overall we are quite pleased with our purchase and look forward to many more years use.

2015 Outdoors RV Wind River 250RLSW trailer
2013 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 diesel
BubbaHut-
And here I thought we were a long distance from a dealer! Obviously you have put on a lot of miles with no wd/sway control and have much good faith in the ORV product line. That is really good to know.

On to our latest dilemma- the dealer has pulled the rug out on our purchase! The financing was all set; we just wanted a Pre-Purchase Inspection from an outside source to be performed before finalizing...well more on that on my next posting. Thanks Brulaz, 1 Bigmess, Highway 4x4, 1010, Fisher99, Shotokan and BubbaHut

Alan
alant is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2015, 12:51 PM   #1304

RV gone

How we lost our RV.

We found what we had been looking for a Black Stone 240RKSB in Bend Oregon. It was a 2015 model at a very good price. We contacted sales and talked with a very good and knowledgeable sales person. The price was fine for us and we started talking financing. We have excellent credit, gave him all our personal information and asked that he find out what our rate would be and then discuss payments. We were told that we would need to leave a deposit first because it is a lot of work for the bank to do this research. At an auto dealership it takes about 5 minutes but I guess RV financing is more complex. He wanted a 10% down payment which would have been approximately $4000.00, we told him we would give him $250.00 and the remaining balance once the financing was established. We also told him we would want to have the RV inspected to be sure everything was working properly as we would be purchasing sight unseen and live almost 3000 miles from their location. That was all fine and dandy, they ran our credit score and we agreed on the rate and length of the loan. I then contacted a RV repair facility close to this dealership, right down the street from them, to do a pre-purchase inspection on the unit. They said they could do so but the dealer, whom they are familiar with and have a working relationship with, would require that the RV be brought to their location. Well by this time the sales manager had stepped in, we waited one day to get back to them about our final decision and asked what the status was, are we ready to finalize the deal. I let him know that we wanted the PPI on the Black Stone that it would need to be brought to the RV repair facility and they could do the inspection in a week to a week and a half. The remainder of the down payment would be paid at this time and delivery would be determined. He said that is fine he would call them and make arrangements as to when to bring the unit down. A few hours later we receive an email stating that they can’t take the Black Stone off the market for a week or two that it is priced to sell quickly and that they do PPI’s all the time for their customers and hardly ever have any complaints and besides it has a one year warranty! To make this long story short they said to buy the unit now with no inspection, except theirs, or they can give us our deposit back, end of story. We gave our initial deposit on 9-9 and it is already been credited back to our account on 9-11. Do you think someone else came down and bought the unit?? I certainly do! We plan to continue our search and one of these days will find another. This time I think we will look for dealers in Colorado it’s a lot closer to CT and hopefully will have a much better experience!

Not a happy camper………Alan
Old 09-13-2015, 04:11 PM   #1305

Outdoors RV Owners Club
You only put $250 down and you expected the dealer to do all that you asked? I will agree that according to your version of events, the dealer communicated with you poorly and might have been less than completely honest, but I ask: what did you expect for $250 from an rv dealer?

I wouldn't expect anything more than to be asked for more money, but that might just be me.

There is also at least one more side to this story that we may never hear. This in no way is saying that your version is wrong.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:54 PM   #1306

When we ordered our BlackStone, the dealer wanted $5,000.00 down, I thought they were joking. Really? We put the $5,000.00 down and waited 6 months for our trailer. When I called up ORV and asked when they were going to build our trailer I was told it was going to be started in about a week. I was thinking out loud and was considering canceling the order. Since work had not been started I was told I could cancel the order, I should have.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:49 AM   #1307

Lost RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
You only put $250 down and you expected the dealer to do all that you asked? I will agree that according to your version of events, the dealer communicated with you poorly and might have been less than completely honest, but I ask: what did you expect for $250 from an rv dealer?

I wouldn't expect anything more than to be asked for more money, but that might just be me.

There is also at least one more side to this story that we may never hear. This in no way is saying that your version is wrong.
1Bigmess

The reason we only put down a $250.00 deposit initially was because the salesman wanted something just to run the credit application. We figured if the interest rate came back at some unacceptable amount we would not proceed with the purchase and possibly not get our deposit back. It's one thing to lose $250.00 but not $4000.00! They did agree to the terms and also the PPI and we told them the remainder of the deposit would be made when these were done. Remember we could not actually visit this dealership and see the RV for ourselves so it was a matter of trust on our part.

In your particular situation you may have been better off getting out of it. As you said in a previous post trust your gut instinct.

Thanks for the replys

Alan
Old 09-14-2015, 09:15 AM   #1308

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Was there a contract for the deposit that spelled out the terms of what is was for, the conditions by which you could get your money back, etc.? If so, did you read it before you signed it? If there wasn't a deposit contract, why did you give them any money at all?

My dealer had a contract for deposits. I read it. I was aware of what it made both parties do and what would breach it. Buyer beware, always.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:18 AM   #1309

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
Was there a contract for the deposit that spelled out the terms of what is was for, the conditions by which you could get your money back, etc.? If so, did you read it before you signed it? If there wasn't a deposit contract, why did you give them any money at all?

My dealer had a contract for deposits. I read it. I was aware of what it made both parties do and what would breach it. Buyer beware, always.
1 Bigmess-NO contract just email confirmations. If I had put down a $4000. deposit definately would have wanted a written proposal.

We decided to build an over sized garage 24' wide with a 20x12' door and 34' in length. This would be for a 21' boat and the 240RKSB. I will double check with ORV on the dimensions but the web site has the height as 10'11" with ac and an approximate length of 30'10". Any one know the width, not shown but assume 96-108" for a TT. It would be nice having a home for the BlackStone when we finally do purchase one because until we retire it will spend most of it's time there.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:47 PM   #1310

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The width, without anyone being brave enough to nail down something exact, is eight feet. Anything added to the base width would be, of course wider (assist handles, bug screens over the air and propane entries and exhausts, thermometers, flags, etc.) If it were me, I'd tell myself it's eight feet wide, with at least a good couple of inches on either side on top of that. Too tight and you'll have a heck of a time lining the rig up to put it inside even if you can pull it in and not back it up.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:07 AM   #1311

Hitch/loading experience

We just got back from moose camp. I had my Outlander Max on my Diamondback cover, bed full of gear, tanks full in our Wind River 250RDSW. I pulled onto the scales...19,000lbs!!!

The Blue Ox hitch is awesome. I have the Torklift spring catches on the truck. I believe I could use the 1500lb bars on the Blue Ox. Zero problems with the trailer. Awesome to have it way out bondocking!
AKHuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 06:23 PM   #1312

HI all,

First post and on the day the wife and I picked up a 2013 Black Stone 280RLSB Tuscany. Found it at a dealership and in very good condition. The p[previous owners took very good care of it. We shopped new Wind River and Black Stone models and decided to cast our net wider to new-used models and here we are.

We have been avid RV campers since we first met and have had pretty much every kind of RV less tent trailers and Class C motor homes! We can't wait to taker it out on the first voyage.

-Pezz (Brian)
Pezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 07:12 PM   #1313

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Welcome Pezz!!. Let me be the first to congratulate you with the new Blackstone. Sounds like you found a sleeper. I would camp in it even in the driveway to make sure everything works. There are great used units out there for many reasons. Hope you keep and enjoy your Blackstone for many years. Lots of good threads here to help you catch up on the ORV gang here. Anything that could go wrong with your TT has been posted here. Again, Welcome,,,, Steve&Cannon
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:54 AM   #1314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezz View Post
HI all,

First post and on the day the wife and I picked up a 2013 Black Stone 280RLSB Tuscany. Found it at a dealership and in very good condition. The p[previous owners took very good care of it. We shopped new Wind River and Black Stone models and decided to cast our net wider to new-used models and here we are.

We have been avid RV campers since we first met and have had pretty much every kind of RV less tent trailers and Class C motor homes! We can't wait to taker it out on the first voyage.

-Pezz (Brian)
Brian, Good to see more BlackStone owners. We also picked up a six month old 280 RLSB, in 2014, it's made a three month visit to Palm Desert, was great for extended stays. Only issue we have had was when we arrived in Palm Desert, we were not getting power from the back of the trailer, to the inverter. I removed part of the belly cover ( coraplast ) main cable was no where to be found, so I ran a new 50 amp. Cable from the back of the trailer connection up to the the Inverter, securing with zap stripes. While underneath I added piping foam wrap where water line could rub. Also I used three inch Gorrila tap on all seams, then sprayed all seam with No leak, and especially around the wheel wells, to ensure water spray couldn't find its way past the Black wrap.
Just a quick note for your table, we found that Min-wax Special Walnut 224 is a prefect match for the Dining table, a most small nicks to the wood works.
Bob Eldridge
Bob Eldridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 05:11 PM   #1315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
Welcome Pezz!!. Let me be the first to congratulate you with the new Blackstone. Sounds like you found a sleeper. I would camp in it even in the driveway to make sure everything works. There are great used units out there for many reasons. Hope you keep and enjoy your Blackstone for many years. Lots of good threads here to help you catch up on the ORV gang here. Anything that could go wrong with your TT has been posted here. Again, Welcome,,,, Steve&Cannon
Thanks Highway 4x4, Our Bernese Mountain dog Gabby says Hello from Washington state! Best dogs in the world
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0407.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	468.9 KB
ID:	113000  
Pezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 05:20 PM   #1316

Brian, Welcome to the family. We bought a used 2011 Creekside 23RKS last year and are quite happy with it. Nothing wrong with buying used. Hope you can make it to the get together this June. See other posts for that information. Again Welcome to the group and Dogs are always welcomed at our place.

WWR,DW,and Riley and Sam the rescue dogs,don't tell them there dog's LOL
wwron is offline   Reply With Quote