Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2014, 10:50 PM   #29

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I missed this year Plan to make 2015
Mtn Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2014, 01:55 PM   #30

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZYA View Post
Don't be disappointed, it is ways out and remember the ORV folks use their trailers too. I am sure some of them are on vacation and limited staff this time of year.

Good luck with your knee surgery, report back soon on how it goes.
Nelson left a voice mail for me on Tuesday, the day of my surgery. I got the voicemail when I returned home Saturday. He didn't leave any info re the rally other than he had talked to Ward King. He asked me to call him back and I will do so on Monday.

Surgery went well, they tell me. But I have a very long ways to go before I am "trailer ready" and back on the golf course.

Bob
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:12 PM   #31

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBob View Post
As of close of business, Monday, July 14, I have heard nothing more from ORV folks. Kind of disappointing, to me personally.

Bye the way, your humble (sometimes) correspondent, will not be corresponding for several days as tomorrow morning I am about to set the new world record for the first totally, 100% painless, knee replacement surgery.

Bob
Bob - Please have a quick and easy time healing. DW had shoulder surgery back in June and is still not 100%. Means more work for me but then again I only have to worry a right upper cut when I mess up. You know right fist = 6 months in the hospital, left fist = instant death.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:36 PM   #32

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Sorry, I missed the Rally this year. Sounds like everyone there had a good time. I am planning on making the next one, even though it might take me two or three days to get there (sight seeing as I go).
Old 07-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #33

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Robin, I drove right past your place on the way to the rally. It's really an easy drive, just a little long but worth it. To see the actual place where these trailers are made and the people that do it. OK, so it's not one of the seven wonders of the world, but close. It would be nice to have another rig along for the drive just in case I run out of fuel, again. Do you carry the correct wrench to change a flat tire? There is lots of stuff to see on the way, not sure where the stuff is.
and Bob, get well. Looking forward to seeing you at the 2nd annual rally.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #34

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
Robin, I drove right past your place on the way to the rally. It's really an easy drive, just a little long but worth it. To see the actual place where these trailers are made and the people that do it. OK, so it's not one of the seven wonders of the world, but close. It would be nice to have another rig along for the drive just in case I run out of fuel, again. Do you carry the correct wrench to change a flat tire? There is lots of stuff to see on the way, not sure where the stuff is.
and Bob, get well. Looking forward to seeing you at the 2nd annual rally.
Yes, I carry a 4 way wheel lug nut wrench now. My first newbie mistake, I have made others. As for the gas, I keep a close eye on the gauge as my truck doesn't have very long legs when towing/or not towing. If I don't use it for the truck, I can put it in my generator.

I was going to visit the factory last week but It was just too far away. Made it to Burley, ID (visiting relatives) but it was still 5 hrs. away. Definitely during the 2015 Rally?
Old 07-20-2014, 04:11 PM   #35

Outdoors RV Owners Club
this year I ran out of fuel and Coops had a flat, no lug wrench. Lots of inside jokes from the rally.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:41 PM   #36

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
this year I ran out of fuel and Coops had a flat, no lug wrench. Lots of inside jokes from the rally.
Last weekend I picked up a nail (luckily not all the way through) and I ended up using the wrench and jack out of my truck. I carry a small hydraulic jack and spinner wrench but under the trailer (Timber Ridge 260RLS) the shorter GMC jack worked great.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:43 PM   #37

Outdoors RV Owners Club
OutdoorsRV 2015 Rally

I left a voicemail Monday morning for Darren Nelson at ORV. No reply yet.

Bob
Old 07-25-2014, 05:59 PM   #38

Outdoors RV Owners Club
All,

Having not heard from Darren Nelson at OutdoorsRV regarding the 2015 Rally/campout, I left another voice mail this afternoon. I also note that on their website they said on July 18 "Be sure and stay tuned to our main web site for updates on dates for next years event!"

That may imply they are planning on going to Lake Wallowa again. Their photos of the 2014 Campout can be seen at ORV: 2014 Summer Campout.

They also seem to prefer "campout" vs "rally". Does that mean something?

Bob
Old 07-25-2014, 09:42 PM   #39

Outdoors RV Owners Club
At this point I would not want to loose them being there so I will go when they call it. Except for the weather they did a great job. I think there might be a few floorplan changes for 15 and getting that new building going will keep them busy. The Northwood Rally is the week after ours if the dates stay the same.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #40

Outdoors RV Owners Club
OutdoorsRV Campout, 2015 edition

Some News:

Darin Nelson of OutdoorsRV returned my calls regarding company campout plans and possible involvement by their "customer-owners", i.e. us. Darin has been tied up for the past two weeks with some personal issues, business travel etc.

Here is what I learned today:

1. Outdoors RV is definitely planning a summer campout at Lake Wallowa, maybe in early August (better weather and perhaps better attendance).

2. OutdoorsRV will do all the planning and organizing for this event as they did for the 2014 event. (Nevertheless, I'm sure that "customer-owner" suggestions or requests will be fully considered. I plan to suggest at least having a kickoff, opening evening introductory campfire and maybe a separate and later potluck.). Watch the OutdoorsRV Facebook page for details as they are announced.

3. Camp site demands at Lake Wallowa are very high during the summer and it will be important for anyone who wants to attend to get their reservation in as early as possible. Darren mentioned that one can make reservations after 8 months before the requested camping date.

4. OutdoorsRV very strongly supports initiatives from customer-owners to plan and organize separate campouts, events, rallies, etc and they will attend and support those initiatives to the extent the details permit. I suspect that most of us are only interested in attending one OutdoorsRV event a year. But after the dates for the "official" 2015 campout are announced, perhaps some folks who can't attend on those dates might want to set up another event on their own?

5. OutdoorsRV also would encourage and support a customer-owner forum. We have been doing that here on iRV2. Any other initiatives have to be worked outside of the iRV2 forum so as to not compete with them. (I hope this information does not have to be deleted by iRV2 Administrators...)

Any questions, I'll try to answer them.

Bob
Old 08-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #41

Outdoors RV Owners Club
OutdoorsRV 2015 Campout

More info:

If you want to get an advance notice of the Campout details, send an email with your name and email address (yes I know it will automatically be on your address line) to Talen Jayo as follows:

talen.jayo@outdoorsrvmfg.com

Bob
Old 08-01-2014, 05:21 PM   #42

Thanks Bob and Coops for staying on top of this. The more we can interact with the factory the better product we can get them to make for us.

Ken
MtCamper is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, rally