RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Outdoors RV 2015 Rally

This is a start for the 2015 Outdoors RV Rally,

LAC,
Well the 2015 rally is still a little far out for me to take on that kind of responsibility. I am sure I can help anyone that steps up to the task.
I will have a better view of 2015 closer to the end of the year.

Just a thought, if we were to all agree on dates and let ORV know those dates they could then post them on the web site like they did for the 2014 rally. Any thoughts?

UPDATE

Please check this link for Rally information

ORV Campout August 1-August 2

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2014, 08:26 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZYA View Post
This is a start for the 2015 Outdoors RV Rally,

LAC,
Well the 2015 rally is still a little far out for me to take on that kind of responsibility. I am sure I can help anyone that steps up to the task.
I will have a better view of 2015 closer to the end of the year.

Just a thought, if we were to all agree on dates and let ORV know those dates they could then post them on the web site like they did for the 2014 rally. Any thoughts?
LBZYA, Thanks for starting this thread. It is hard to imagine that even a few of us would agree on specific dates for the 2015 OutdoorsRV rally. But certainly, now is not too soon to start planning.

But here is my thinking. The next Rally needs to be near La Grande. And if it is held in LaGrande, I believe we can get more factory involvement, e.g. tours, demonstrations, Q&A sessions, BBQ, etc. And the only suitable place in LaGrande is Eagles Hot Lake RV Park.

The Northwood Owners Rally always starts on the Tuesday before Father's Day and is always held at Eagles Hot Lake RV Park. Thus I suggest we start our Rally on Thursday of the week after Father's Day. Since we are just getting started on Rally activities, I think that 3 full days would be enough for our second rally, say Thur, Fri and Saturday. We could generally plan to arrive on Saturday and depart on Sunday.

Father's Day in 2015 is June 21. So I will stick my neck out and suggest we planned to arrive at Eagles Hot Lakes RV Park on Wednesday, June 24, do rally activities June 25-27, and break camp on June 28.

How's that for sticking my neck out?

Bob

IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:35 PM   #3
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBob View Post
LBZYA, Thanks for starting this thread. It is hard to imagine that even a few of us would agree on specific dates for the 2015 OutdoorsRV rally. But certainly, now is not too soon to start planning.

But here is my thinking. The next Rally needs to be near La Grande. And if it is held in LaGrande, I believe we can get more factory involvement, e.g. tours, demonstrations, Q&A sessions, BBQ, etc. And the only suitable place in LaGrande is Eagles Hot Lake RV Park.

The Northwood Owners Rally always starts on the Tuesday before Father's Day and is always held at Eagles Hot Lake RV Park. Thus I suggest we start our Rally on Thursday of the week after Father's Day. Since we are just getting started on Rally activities, I think that 3 full days would be enough for our second rally, say Thur, Fri and Saturday. We could generally plan to arrive on Saturday and depart on Sunday.

Father's Day in 2015 is June 21. So I will stick my neck out and suggest we planned to arrive at Eagles Hot Lakes RV Park on Wednesday, June 24, do rally activities June 25-27, and break camp on June 28.

How's that for sticking my neck out?

Bob
Bob....Nice neck...thanks for the kick off...count me in to help/assist.
I think any dates suggested is not going to meet everyone's schedule...but for us the dates look good.

We stayed at the Eagles Hot Lake RV Park. It is very nice. Not sure about the fishing or activities for kids at the RV park.

This year I would have liked to tour the frame and axel plant....I think staying closer to LaGrande would allow for that.

My neck is just a wee bit out eh.

Just my two bits worth.

Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:31 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Ya Coops, you just want to ask someone how much torque they're putting on the nuts.
need to contact Hot Eagle lake to make sure that weekend is open for them. I spoke with the new owners at the time of the Northwoods rally and the park holds places for them. I think the Northwoods rally is limited to the first 75 units.
Weather is also a factor, it can get real warm in La Grande and those suites have really no trees. But with the school year and all, that's probably the best time. I'll be there unless I run out of fuel in the middle of no where, again.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
Ya Coops, you just want to ask someone how much torque they're putting on the nuts.
need to contact Hot Eagle lake to make sure that weekend is open for them. I spoke with the new owners at the time of the Northwoods rally and the park holds places for them. I think the Northwoods rally is limited to the first 75 units.
Weather is also a factor, it can get real warm in La Grande and those suites have really no trees. But with the school year and all, that's probably the best time. I'll be there unless I run out of fuel in the middle of no where, again.
All,

I will call Eagles Hot Lake RV Park on Monday, and also call OutdoorsRV to do some very, very preliminary, tentative checking on dates and rally activity ideas. I'll let you know what I find out.

Bob

P.S. Please excuse my mistake in my earlier post, #2, this thread. I meant to say, arrive on Wednesday, Rally activities on Thur, Fri, and Sat. Depart on Sunday.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:46 PM   #6
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBob View Post
All,

I will call Eagles Hot Lake RV Park on Monday, and also call OutdoorsRV to do some very, very preliminary, tentative checking on dates and rally activity ideas. I'll let you know what I find out.

Bob

P.S. Please excuse my mistake in my earlier post, #2, this thread. I meant to say, arrive on Wednesday, Rally activities on Thur, Fri, and Sat. Depart on Sunday.
Wonderful......
Bob....do you want some help on this. If you want I can call either Outdoors RV or Eagles Hot Lake RV Park. I don't thinks it's fair for you to get saddled with all this so far.

Coops
Old 07-06-2014, 02:08 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
Wonderful......
Bob....do you want some help on this. If you want I can call either Outdoors RV or Eagles Hot Lake RV Park. I don't thinks it's fair for you to get saddled with all this so far.

Coops
Thanks Coops! I think at this time it would be best for just one person to do the communicating. I'll get it started and then there will be plenty of opportunity to help. In the mean time continue thinking about what the factory should do and what owner organized events we could have. I am thinking about an initial meet and greet campfire, maybe a tour of the Hot Lake Sanatorium, maybe a tour of historic La Grande , maybe a golf outing, maybe a session/open house on rig modifications, maybe a potluck dinner, maybe bring a bottle wine tasting evening, maybe a goodbye event of some kind, etc., etc. I'm sure that we could steal a lot of ideas from other manufacturer's rallys.

Bob
Old 07-06-2014, 02:22 PM   #8
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
No problem my friend...contact me any time. I Don't want to leave the impression that your "alone"on this. I think the forum is the best place to leave topics for discussion, presentations,fun things etc. to get a consensus from all ...but also don't want to burden other none Outdoors RV owners with hijcacking the forum with topics not specifically related to their brand or interests,like the rally. Just my thoughts.
Coops
Old 07-06-2014, 02:56 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thanks Bob, any help you need feel free to call on Coops. You can get the name of the person that does the Northwood rally from the factory and he would have suggestions of activities as he has done it for years.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:14 PM   #10
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
Thanks Bob, any help you need feel free to call on Coops. You can get the name of the person that does the Northwood rally from the factory and he would have suggestions of activities as he has done it for years.
Bob ....You can contact me and I'll contact Highway 4x4
I have his number ....so to speak.
Coops
Old 07-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #11

JMO even though I don't on an Outdoor RV product. Why don't you schedule the rally for some time in July? The weather in June is hit or miss. No one wants to sit around in the rain.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:45 PM   #12

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
JMO even though I don't on an Outdoor RV product. Why don't you schedule the rally for some time in July? The weather in June is hit or miss. No one wants to sit around in the rain.
I vote for this idea! My farm work is usually done by the 1st of July, altho not this year for sure!
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:23 PM   #13

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
I vote for this idea! My farm work is usually done by the 1st of July, altho not this year for sure!
July weather in La Grande, OR is USUALLY quite hot. Mid 90s this week. This is probably a significant reason the Northwood folks have been doing their rally in mid-June for well over 10 years. And yes the weather can be iffy in La Grande, anytime. Wind is something to be prepared for in La Grande, as well as a mosquito or two.

Bob
Old 07-06-2014, 11:27 PM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
Bob ....You can contact me and I'll contact Highway 4x4
I have his number ....so to speak.
Coops
Coops and Hwy 16,

Thanks for your offers of help for the 2015 Rally. I just will have to be careful of the dynamics between the two of you! But stand by!!

Bob

Tags
door, rally