Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2015, 02:17 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Outdoors RV Mfg. "SIGHTINGS"

As I have noted on prior posts, we are currently traveling and yesterday while going east on the I-10 we came upon a beautiful, brand new Blackstone. After passing him twice (we stopped for gas) he ended up pulling into a Texas RV park right behind us!! So much for going 2-3 miles an hour faster than the person in front of you! So Ron (from Florida) and I had a good visit about OutdoorsRV Mfg, traveling, etc.

So far on this trip (since Jan 6) we have only seen two other OutdoorsRV trailers; Ron and his new Blackstone yesterday, a parked Blackstone at San Clemente State Beach (California) in late Feb, and a TimberRidge going west on the I-10 between Lordsburg (NM) and Benson (AZ) on Mar 17. These encounters caused me to recall that another forum (a manufacturer specific forum) has a fairly active thread called “Sightings”.

So I have called this new thread “Sightings” and others can contribute as they wish. It might be interesting to see how Outdoors RV rigs get distributed around this great Nation of ours. Outdoors RV Mfg is advertising they have produced more than 10,000 units so they should show up every once in awhile, especially now that Spring is here.

The nice thing about these forums/threads is that they will automatically die if they are not used!

Bob
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2015, 02:41 PM   #2

I will keep an eye out here in Colorado. Our temperatures have been great lately, and I have seen lots of trailers being towed around the past week.

If I see an ORV, I'll try and grab a photo for the thread:-)
Old 03-20-2015, 06:09 PM   #3
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
"It might be interesting to see how Outdoors RV rigs get distributed around this great Nation of ours."

Bob,Bob,Bob...there is more than one great nation where Outdoor RV sells "rigs" ..its a little patch of ground to the north of you called CANADA.👌👍 where health care is free if you pay taxes, the U.S. neighbors get a $1.25 to $1.30 dollar...and we have the longest undefended border.
Bob you've been in the southern states too long as it seems you are forgetting about your northern neighbors.
....and you want me to bring the single malt to Wallowa....😉💬🍻

Coops...your northern neighbour from the other great nation.👌👍
Apology accepted...I will blame it on the sun and your maturity.
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:10 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
"It might be interesting to see how Outdoors RV rigs get distributed around this great Nation of ours."

Bob,Bob,Bob...there is more than one great nation where Outdoor RV sells "rigs" ..its a little patch of ground to the north of you called CANADA.👌👍 where health care is free if you pay taxes, the U.S. neighbors get a $1.25 to $1.30 dollar...and we have the longest undefended border.
Bob you've been in the southern states too long as it seems you are forgetting about your northern neighbors.
....and you want me to bring the single malt to Wallowa....😉💬🍻

Coops...your northern neighbour from the other great nation.👌👍
Apology accepted...I will blame it on the sun and your maturity.
Coops, Kayakcrazy and all my other (former?) Canadian friends,

Wow, that is one of my biggest screw ups ever!! I am so sorry!! But after recently spending several days in Arizona (USA) winter RV resorts, I thought Canada had annexed the USA.

Love all Canucks!

Bob
Old 03-20-2015, 09:53 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Well Coops, I guess Bob has been in the sun too long. You know how that affects your thinking. The winters in the Southwest can turn your skin red like a lobster. I believe that I did hear that a good 50% of ORV and Northwoods products go north to be frozen.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 03:32 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Since no one is posting to my awesome new thread, I thought I would, again. On March 4-5, we saw a Blackrock (I have no clue what model) at the Indian Waters RV Resort in Indio, CA. A nice, very clean unit.

Bob
Old 03-27-2015, 05:44 PM   #7
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBob View Post
Since no one is posting to my awesome new thread, I thought I would, again. On March 4-5, we saw a Blackrock (I have no clue what model) at the Indian Waters RV Resort in Indio, CA. A nice, very clean unit.

Bob
Bob....went down to Jubillee RV in Kamloops...to pickup some parts. Their the largest Outdoors RV dealer in Canada...you name the ORV product they got it...all prices in Canadian dollars....the same Windriver 250 RDSW model we bought in August of 2013 is much more expanse now.
ORV product is quite popular in this neck of the woods.
Will post as we see um.
Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:53 AM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
Bob....went down to Jubillee RV in Kamloops...to pickup some parts. Their the largest Outdoors RV dealer in Canada...you name the ORV product they got it...all prices in Canadian dollars....the same Windriver 250 RDSW model we bought in August of 2013 is much more expanse now.
ORV product is quite popular in this neck of the woods.
Will post as we see um.
Coops
That's where we bought our Timber Ridge in Fall 2013. Glad we did it back then, with the exchange rate, I imagine they definitely would be more expensive now.

Don't think we've seen one out East. A few Oregon cousins (Nash, Artic Fox) but not ORV yet.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:51 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Saw several timberridge,s , a creekside and a windriver in Yuma over the winter!
Mtn Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:38 PM   #10

Saw a couple of Timber Ridges on our Jan/Feb 2 month trip to AZ. surprised/disappointed I didn't see more Outdoors RV tts.
Larv
Old 03-29-2015, 09:42 AM   #11

We have a 2015 Creekside 26rls. This is our first TT and we love it. After having bought it we also noticed that we do not see many others like it on the road. When we do see an Outdoor RV product it is always a Wind River. Yet to spot another Creekside. Don't know why it is a good product and I would recommend it. As for now all of these sightings have been in Oregon.
Bendite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 12:52 PM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Remember it costs $1+ a mile to get a TT to the selling dealer. I was told that about 50% of their TT's go north. These are TT's made for weather not seen much in the south. There is a big market for toyhaulers in the south deserts. My only dealer is 45+ min from home and if not for him it would be a long way to a dealer. Northwood and OutdoorsRV do not even come to the big RVIA show in So Cal. They are quality built TT's only built in one plant each in Oregon and they are built for that weather.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:57 PM   #13

Well its not quite camping season here in Alaska. Probably another good 4-5 weeks away for most people. I do you there is another Creekside in my neighborhood. I'm guessing its either a 2012, 2013.

Once we hit the road ourselves I will try to make it a point to check in.
alaska04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:10 AM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendite View Post
We have a 2015 Creekside 26rls. This is our first TT and we love it. After having bought it we also noticed that we do not see many others like it on the road. When we do see an Outdoor RV product it is always a Wind River. Yet to spot another Creekside. Don't know why it is a good product and I would recommend it. As for now all of these sightings have been in Oregon.
Interesting. We have about 6 months of traveling in our WR since we purchased it in Jan 2014 and have never seen another WR on the road!

Bob

Tags
door