Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2014, 04:02 PM   #43

Tiffin Owners Club
I just met met Rod at Stewarts RV in Utah as he was getting his new trailer. We were picking up our new trailer too! Both of us have smiles on our faces.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2014, 10:19 AM   #44
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTTransplant View Post
I just met met Rod at Stewarts RV in Utah as he was getting his new trailer. We were picking up our new trailer too! Both of us have smiles on our faces.

Congratulation on your purchase...not sure if it's a typo do you mean Timber Ridge instead of Trail Ridge...or is Trail Ridge the model of your old trailer?

Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:38 AM   #45

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Congratulations you two on your recent new purchases. Who said Santa didn't work in the summer time? You'll both have many adventures to make in your new homes away from home. A couple of years ago DW and I sold our 1984 Travelaire 5er which we had owned for 25 years. As the new owners drove away, I looked at my wife and she was crying. When she looked at me the tears were also flowing down my cheeks. We have memories to fill a lifetime from that trailer and are so thankful for it. We have a new memory maker now and as we head off into retirement we hope we can create many more new ones. We hope you can do the same.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:17 AM   #46

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Yes, wonderful experiencing meeting someone you have only met over the internet on this forum! I do think it is a Timber Ridge trailer.

Had not been on here for several days as we are on vacation in addition to getting the new Blackstone.

We are now at Moab KOA and will be for one more day. Then I think to Salt Lake City for a couple days if we can find a spot.

I will post much more after we get home. So far are loving the new home. Only problems are very minor with the major problem of having too damn much junk to transfer into the new trailer. Oh! The biggest problem seems to be that we have more storage room than we have stuff to fill it with! Storage everywhere! Outdoors RV has done a tremendous job of having more than adequate storage.

Also just want you to know the trailer trails beautifully. Driving down here from Stewart's we had crosswinds I am guessing at least 30 mph as some picked up sand and dust and I had no swaying or problems in the slightest!
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:22 AM   #47

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakcrazy View Post
Congratulations you two on your recent new purchases. Who said Santa didn't work in the summer time? You'll both have many adventures to make in your new homes away from home. A couple of years ago DW and I sold our 1984 Travelaire 5er which we had owned for 25 years. As the new owners drove away, I looked at my wife and she was crying. When she looked at me the tears were also flowing down my cheeks. We have memories to fill a lifetime from that trailer and are so thankful for it. We have a new memory maker now and as we head off into retirement we hope we can create many more new ones. We hope you can do the same.
Well said kayak!

Bob
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:29 AM   #48

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Well said, Kayak!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakcrazy View Post
BandC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:54 PM   #49

Evergreen Owners Club
I have not been on this forum for quite some time. Ever since purchasing our new 280RKSB in fact. I am thoroughly disappointed. I know it is all my responsibility. I should NOT have bought sight unseen. Oh, well, I am solving problems as they arise. We were in a hurry to continue with our vacation so the PDI was fast. It, however, would not have shown nearly all the flaws. I have hopefully fixed 3 water leaks now. The bedroom window, the bedroom wardrobe slide, and now just last week the outside cover on the furnace. The screen door does not keep out bugs as it was installed warped. Even though the side walls are cutout on an CNC machine, I believe the door cutout was cut crooked so can not be fixed at all. The satellite coax hook-up is reversed. I just live with it. I have to hook the satellite up to the DSS on the outside and hook the coax to the receiver to the regular satellite hook-up behind the tv. The cold water line was shorted for length and was run pinched beneath the water heater. Does not leak but it runs warm water at initial turn on at the kitchen sink. Had to reattach several of the lower skirting braces to align the lower skirt for straightness. I don't remember how many stripped screws I have had to redo, either by using larger screws or wood splinters in the existing screw hole. I had to redo the inside insulation divider in the A/C as it was not dividing the hot and cold air at all. The black trim between the upper sides and the skirting expands whenever the sun is out so it bows out from the side of the trailer until it cools back down at which time it is straight again. The corners on the bottom of the leather recliners were torn/scuffed at installation. Did not notice until looking over with a fine toothed comb. I used shoe polish to touch up.

What should truly be a top of the line unit is sub par beyond words. I am trading it off just as soon as possible which most likely means this winter.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:36 PM   #50

Evergreen Owners Club
I also regret buying 1400 miles from home so warranty work by the dealer or factory is totally out. I learned my lesson and just hope it is not too painful when I trade. Also I did not realize the OutDoors RV products do not carry the RVIA certification? This is bad also when trade-in time rolls around.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:40 PM   #51
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Sorry for the issues and problems. Have you contacted the folks at ORV with your issues/problems?
We had an issue with the replacement of our Hotwater system...and ORV corrected the issue...not the local dealership.
The Trailers are not perfect and as Highway 4/4 said... Our trailers are like "having the best house in the worst block of the city"
Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:33 PM   #52

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
I also regret buying 1400 miles from home so warranty work by the dealer or factory is totally out. I learned my lesson and just hope it is not too painful when I trade. Also I did not realize the OutDoors RV products do not carry the RVIA certification? This is bad also when trade-in time rolls around.
Schrod,

Your experience is deplorable!! Fortunately it is not representative of the ORV product line. Have you been talking to the factory reps?

Bob
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:39 PM   #53

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Coops, what I meant to say in a twisted way, is that our TT's are the best built ones out there.
schrod, if you contact the guys at the factory and send them picks, they will do all they can to make your Blackstone a trailer you want to keep for years.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 05:22 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
I really feel your pain, this seems to be a Black Stone thing. Our Black Stone was at the dealers or at La Grand for 8 months out of the first 13 months we had it. We had major issues, and so many "minor" issues that were the result of shoddy work. Take pictures of every thing no matter, including those little insignificant issues, ORV will want to see the issues. I would call ORV and ask for Rick Ewing, bypass Dave. We dropped our trailer off at La Grande & they transported it back to a local RV dealer. You are probably running into the same problem we had, no dealer will do ORVs warranty work, pay up & deal with ORV, a laborious process as ORV has specific methods that have to be followed. Be persistent, there is no reason you should have to repair ORVs shoddy work. Rick may be able to find a dealer who will work with ORV, he did that for us. Last resort see if they will transport it from your house & back. I was a polite PIA to the dealer & ORV, and I was insistent that the problems were repaired to my satisfaction. I am sure we could share the "horror stories" on out trailers, we are hoping we are done with the rig coming apart on us every time it rolled down the highway. ORV did cover two months of trailer payments & for a damaged tool box. I too would sell, not sure I can take the finical hit though.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:03 PM   #55

Evergreen Owners Club

I am almost forced to take the hit and sell. La Grande is 1800 miles away at the very best. I listened to all the persons posting on here about how great the Outdoors RV company was and how great their products were. I kind of thought that your problems was just a lemon that seems to happen every once in a while. I think that I will NOT contact the company. If they do not want to supervise the production of their products, it is not the customer's place to do so. I should be getting warranty done but I am not going to go through all the hassle it will take to get a local store to do the warranty work as I feel they will feel that I should have purchased locally even if it was not the brand I really wanted. Evidently west coast companies are not up to the same par as companies east of the Rockies and buyers west of the Rockies are use to buying inferior products. If you guys ever get the chance to buy trailers made in Indiana you will see what I am talking about. I listened to and believed what everyone west of the Rockes lauded about the great Outdoors RV products. Quality control there must be almost non-existant. I only hope that this hunk of junk holds together for 6 more months and I can unload it on a non suspecting dealer before major crap surfaces.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:08 PM   #56

Evergreen Owners Club
Also, now I know why it does NOT carry the RVIA seal of approval.

Tags
door