Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2014, 03:29 PM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
Bob, that does beat the bubble wrap underware I was designing.
Absolutely! My solution is much better. My solution will not draw strange and anxious looks from guests as yours will when one (or more) of your bubbles pop.

Bob
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2014, 04:30 PM   #16
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Bob, that does beat the bubble wrap underware I was designing.

Mmmmmmm .....one piece bubble wrap long johns...with a flap at the back. Not really .....it would rub you the wrong way. May be ok for the California beach scene...but for the Saskachewan winters ...mitts, Sorels, and a toque are essential to compliment the Canadian look.

Just saying.

Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:04 PM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac View Post
and a toque are essential to compliment the Canadian look.

Just saying.

Coops
I had to look that one up, some kind of hat that has not made it south yet. Wrong! I just googled it and found photos of a bunch of "beanies"! I even have one!

Bob
Old 11-22-2014, 10:54 PM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBob View Post
I am herein, and hereby, revealing my secret bum easier methodology, at no charge to you!

Slip a gelfoam floor pad underneath the cushion. Made a HUGE difference for me. I bought mine at Costco, it is about 1 inch thick and is just a little bit smaller than the cushion on one side of our U-shaped dinette. My bum is happy!

Bob
An excellent idea. I think I'll try it.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:13 PM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I am going to have to take a look at those dinette cushions on my next outing also. Mine go flat in a few min.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:31 AM   #20

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
I am going to have to take a look at those dinette cushions on my next outing also. Mine go flat in a few min.
I didn't describe my "invention" very well. it is really a floor "mat". Probably a kitchen version since it has a smooth, rubber/vinyl like surface. Perhaps one inch thick, which, for this application is critically important. I bought two mats, one for each side of the dinette, or, the pair on just one side if experience deems that necessary. With your "stature", and absence of natural padding (with which some of us are more than amply endowed) you may need three mats.

Bob
Old 11-24-2014, 09:52 PM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Now I know what to look for at Costco this weekend.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:30 PM   #22

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin25113 View Post
Now I know what to look for at Costco this weekend.
Chances are that your Costco won't have what I got. But here is something similiar:http://www.amazon.com/NewLife-GelPro...el+kitchen+mat

If interested, you'd have to see if these dimensions will work for you. Good luck!

Bob
Old 12-19-2014, 09:08 AM   #23

Thanks guys...I was waiting for Highway 4x4 to find the remedy for the "bar-in-back" issue with the couch. Like Mrs Idaho Bob, that is my perch and that bar makes lying down a challenge....we bought a fabric storage ottoman that was a temporary solution to the fact that my feet do not touch the floor when I sit back on the couch...works great by the way for storing books, throws,etc...
but will try the wt distribution fix. Thanks Idaho Bob for dinette cushion idea. It was on our list to problem solve before next trip. We installed vent covers yesterday: another forum tip. We also added sewer hose tube storage to our bumper for extra sewer hose, that we found we needed at many sites. Anything else we need? Does the list ever end?
Likes2Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 05:04 PM   #24

I am going to try that

We have been disappointed in our sofa and the lack of support in the cushions after 14 days. I am going to give the gel pad rug a try. When we priced high density 5" foam to try to fix it we were shocked at the price and decided to seek a cheaper fix. I think your idea might just do the trick.
Sondis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:36 AM   #25

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBob View Post
I am herein, and hereby, revealing my secret bum easier methodology, at no charge to you!

Slip a gelfoam floor pad underneath the cushion. Made a HUGE difference for me. I bought mine at Costco, it is about 1 inch thick and is just a little bit smaller than the cushion on one side of our U-shaped dinette. My bum is happy!

Bob
Update on dinette cushion. After experiencing my marvelous gelfoam pad cushion solution for about a month's worth of evenings, I decided that my solution was not so marvelous.

So after more intensive rv seat cushion foam research, I located a small "upholstery and drapery" shop in Moorpark, CA (a long story) the proprietor of which claimed he had the answer to my sore bum problem. That being very expensive 2.5 lb density foam, their number being "45250" So I invested in their recommendation for just one cushion. The results now after about 2 weeks of evening sitting, is that the cushion is a whole lot better than said not-so-marvelous gelfoam pad solution. Whether it is $183 better I can't say, yet. It is very firm and prevents my tender bum from finding the hard sidewall material used to support the bottom-side of the cushion.

Bob
Old 03-01-2015, 04:19 PM   #26

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have been thinking of your gell pad fix and now I think I have one of my own. How about one of those backpack sleeping pads? They are about 3/4 thick and are a high density foam. They are not super expensive. Add a layer of that to the bottom of the existing foam. It won't be perfect but it might help with the pain,,,,,,,,,,,.
Bob, call who you know at ORV for 2016 rally info.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:58 PM   #27
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
"the proprietor of which claimed he had the answer to my "sore bum problem."That being very expensive 2.5 lb density foam, their number being "45250" So I invested in their "

Bob....I heard you were a "Pain In the a__"...hopefully you will have the final solution by "ORV" event time in Wallowa

The "Northlander"
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:04 PM   #28

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
I have been thinking of your gell pad fix and now I think I have one of my own. How about one of those backpack sleeping pads? They are about 3/4 thick and are a high density foam. They are not super expensive. Add a layer of that to the bottom of the existing foam. It won't be perfect but it might help with the pain,,,,,,,,,,,.
Bob, call who you know at ORV for 2016 rally info.
My gel pad was about the same "squishability" as sleeping pads I've seen. Me thinks that what may work for me may not work for someone else. Bums and their sensitivities are kind of a personal thing...

I may contact ORV re 2016 rally. It is hard to believe that they are thinking that far ahead. I'm certainly not...

Bob

Tags
door