Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2019, 08:00 PM   #15

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDOPDLR View Post
So if the ones from etrailer need an adapter, does anyone have a link to the correct pigtails from Amazon?
I bought both two of these on Amazon....so far so good.
SHINESTAR 12inch RV Pigtail Propane Hose Connector - Acme x 1/4" Male NPT- 1feet
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2019, 12:10 AM   #16

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The Shinestar hoses seem to have mixed reviews although the Camco ones don't get good reviews either. I ordered some from Etrailer. These got good reviews and were pretty cheap. The important things are the MPT threads and a green Acme nut. The ones with inverted male flare fittings require an adapter. The various colors of acme nuts refer to how much gas they will flow. Too little flow will cause issues with the furnace.
https://www.etrailer.com/Propane/MB-...73-15-MBS.html
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:37 PM   #17

Propane Pigtails

One of the originals started leaking a year or so ago. I nailed two of the Mr. Heater hoses from Camping World. The second one started leaking a few days ago so I replaced it with the spare I got at Camping World and then ordered up the Shinestar units........yes 1/4" MPT. I will always have a set of spares with me.
Vintage465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:46 PM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Replaced our one year old ACME nuts also, they were dry and cracked but not yet leaking. Weeks? later, as we were getting ready to take er out for a week, the factory regulator quit delivering propane. I tried everything i could think
of and the bigger hammer routine worked. The regulator failed the first night out, just before the snow came. Good thing i went to the parts store and bought a spare, American made regulator, got hosed a bit but it works and survived the temps for the next week that got down to -1. Now a regulator is always in my spare parts bin when we go.
Onetigger725 is offline   Reply With Quote