Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2019, 12:47 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
Sounds like something our dealer could not do either. The slide is no issue if you know what your are doing. Alignment and leveling, Lippert has training for the techs. Northwood and ORV are not known for shoddy work.

Was the roof like that from day one, or did water get in and cause it? No signs of that on our Glacier Peak. Ours did have a recall on the pin box back in 2015.

The roof on yours must not have been done correctly at the factory.

Please let us know what they do to solve it. Re-roof or ??
The roof was shoddy from day one. Had I seen it and the misaligned slide I would've passed on the trailer. I was under no obligation to purchase if not satisfied when doing the PDI.
This is our 4th trailer and the roof has never been an issue nor has the slide alignment so we didn't think of looking at those areas. Who looks for slide alignment?
I did climb up on the roof and walk around to check the caulking and anything that might stick out. Guessed I missed it. You have to sight down the gutter line while standing on the ladder.
Then if you get an 8' step ladder and climb up at the end of the awning you can see it up close and personal. My dealer just has no idea and ORV has no idea whats causing it based on the pics that the dealer sent them.

My dealer says it's a 4 hour job and ORV is only giving them 2 hours. They'll do it but lose money. They won't know whats causing the bump up/out until they peel back the roof membrane.

As for the slide out. It's a mess inside and out. The gap between the outside trims and the slide are off 1/2" side to side. It's plumb in the opening.
Both the left and right side fascias and the top fascias all measure differently by as much as 1/2 "
Both sides of the slide are the same height. It's also the same width inside dimension wise.
It's also square diagonal as best as I can measure.

I agree it should be easy to adjust the slide using the adjustment bolts on the slide mechanism. However that doesn't fix the whole issue concerning the fascias.

Too me it needs to be centered in the opening, then the fascias need to be rebuilt so they're the same width top to bottom.

Shoddy is when the bottom width of the fascia is 5-5/8" and the top is 5-1/8".
I spent 30 years as a union carpenter working on high rises and and other commercial buildings doing metal stud framing and other work. I know outta square when I see it.

Sorry for taking this post off track.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2019, 11:29 AM   #30

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I think I would call and Email ORV service. Then plan a trip so they can fix it all in 2 hours.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 01:11 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
I think I would call and Email ORV service. Then plan a trip so they can fix it all in 2 hours.
I have already called ORV. Talked to Todd. I could've took it to them in mid Dec but weather wise I and he decided that I would call next spring and setup and appointment.
It's not a 2 hr fix. My guess is it's a good one to two days. They have photos sent from my dealer and after discussing the roof and slide issues don't have any exact idea what to do for both issues.

The slide fascias need to rebuilt on the vertical portions. The top fascia is actually built right.
But why is the right side of the slide 3/8"-1/2" lower than the left? The slide sits on rollers that are bolted to the floor which is bolted to the frame.

The bump up and out fix for the roof issue can't be determined until the roofing membrane is pulled up. That means removing the gutter and the fridge vent. Tearing up the caulking and reinstall plus whats the problem and whats the fix?
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 06:26 PM   #32

Outdoors RV Owners Club
So it's going to get fixed at the factory, great. It will be done right.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:05 AM   #33

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Man Cumminsfan, sorry you are having this issue but at least you will get it fixed right. My dealer couldn't get a simple slide seal right. Sent it back to me 3 times and each time I opened the door to see the same puddle on the floor that was the reason I sent it in. The factory fixed it right as well as all the goobered silicone caulk the dealer put on it and fixed issues I had not even spotted or had not thought to mention. They were pretty good about being thorough. Even replaced the burned out bulb in the range hood.

To the OP, I feel for you. Hope you get a decent price for it.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
for sale, sale