Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2018, 09:22 AM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Oregon dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy the sly old fox View Post
sounds like an ID reg is indeed your best bet and since it will be home based there - perfectly legal.

If I didn't have a fairly good dealer local to me (Apache in PDX) I probably would have looked around more - but our next closest dealer is in Salem and they were the same price for the model we were looking at - plus Apache had 5 units coming from the next batch of 25RDS in the Mountain series and one was in caramel - the interior we wanted. The timing was perfect so we did the deal. BTW our salesman was great - let us roam the lot for hours - letting us decide what we wanted. He also had a chart showing the next few months of ORV production schedule and how many units they had ordered in each batch. Not sure if this was put together by ORV or Apache - but it was a great tool for planning and ordering.

Perhaps the dealers that are closer to the factory get better service from the factory - or maybe it is because they do more volume business.
That production schedule does sound like a great tool!

We would have no problem heading to Portland area to order (we lived there for many years) if the dealer has advantagesis, but I imagine the issue would be service/repair/warranty issues? After reading the Boise dealer reviews, not sure if I would even use them if factory authorized! I'd probably take to Pendleton, if that was an option.
KellynHeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2018, 09:31 AM   #16

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My point was find a good dealer close by you and use them. I don't have any first-hand experience with Thompson's in Pendelton, I just know how much they support the product on these forums. I suggest that you talk to them now about your plans so they can provide you with some ordering guidance.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:54 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellynHeller View Post
That production schedule does sound like a great tool!

We would have no problem heading to Portland area to order (we lived there for many years) if the dealer has advantagesis, but I imagine the issue would be service/repair/warranty issues? After reading the Boise dealer reviews, not sure if I would even use them if factory authorized! I'd probably take to Pendleton, if that was an option.
What I understand from what's been said on these forums is if you purchase a unit from say ORV dealer X, ORV dealer Y is not obligated to do warranty repairs or service them. If in doubt check your local consumer laws before purchasing.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:19 PM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sumtin View Post
What I understand from what's been said on these forums is if you purchase a unit from say ORV dealer X, ORV dealer Y is not obligated to do warranty repairs or service them. If in doubt check your local consumer laws before purchasing.
Sounds about right. Most of the RV industry is like that. Dealers are more likely to do non customer warranty work in the off season. Some dealers don't care if you bought your rig from them. ORV will also pay for non ORV dealers to do work on your rig.

Sent from my XT1254 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Old 06-20-2018, 01:26 PM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy the sly old fox View Post
Sounds about right. Most of the RV industry is like that. Dealers are more likely to do non customer warranty work in the off season. Some dealers don't care if you bought your rig from them. ORV will also pay for non ORV dealers to do work on your rig.

Sent from my XT1254 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app

I guess then I need to talk to ORV - see who they have as authorized dealers, as well as see if there are dealers (in general, not for ORV) in or around Boise with better reviews and see if they would work on it if need be. I want to buy from a good dealer and Thompsons sounds like a good one, both from the forum and independent reviews.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:28 PM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'll' 5th Thompson's RV in Eastern OR. They have a price advantage as they are only 50 miles from the plant and don't charge "freight" in their pricing. The two Camping World's ( In Idaho Falls and Denver) I received quotes from, were by far the highest priced.

Thompson's by chance had the unit in stock with the darker interior we liked. We drove the 4500 miles RT to pick our up...last fall.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:26 AM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
I'll' 5th Thompson's RV in Eastern OR. They have a price advantage as they are only 50 miles from the plant and don't charge "freight" in their pricing. The two Camping World's ( In Idaho Falls and Denver) I received quotes from, were by far the highest priced.

Thompson's by chance had the unit in stock with the darker interior we liked. We drove the 4500 miles RT to pick our up...last fall.
Fantastic! So did you just find a local dealer to handle whatever may come up service/warranty wise?
Old 06-22-2018, 03:07 PM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellynHeller View Post
Fantastic! So did you just find a local dealer to handle whatever may come up service/warranty wise?

The few warranty things that came up, I called Thompson's or ORV and they just sent the item ( One awning knob and 16 rubber bushings for the 4x shocks) ORV said if "other" warranty issue arise I can find a local dealer ( NE. Ohio) or a Mobile RV tech.

If someone is buying a ORV unit from a Camping World I can tell you what they told me if I bought one as a out of state person. If anyone is interested....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, purchase