Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:00 AM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Recall is done and Plant tour

We are so impressed with Outdoors RV and their people, that we are sure if someone looking to buy a new RV, took their tour and met their people, they would be convinced Outdoor RV is their first choice!

We got back from an amazing trip to La Grande, OR, for our recall work to be done in the factory. I had prearranged a couple months ago with Dave Asmussen in Service to be in the yard at 7am for the recall on our GP pin box mount. We arrived the night before parking exactly where Dave had told us to, and were pleased to find a power outlet for our heater on a cool early spring evening. Early morning arrival of staff woke us up early so wandering into the office and introducing myself to Dave, found the he had the shop clear and waiting for our trailer enthusiastically.
We also had an issue with our front cap fading, so Dave suggested that we could have the cap replaced at the same time. We were totally surprised that we could do it now as well.

I was looking for a new Big Tube ladder to replace the "tiny tube" ladder which our GP came with, and Dave was able to make it happen for us as well.

While our trailer was in the shop, we met Kevin Pfeifer in the office and he spent over an hour guiding us through the entire plant showing us all the details of how Outdoors RVs are designed, engineered and constructed. We were constantly greeted by the plant employees, happy to see us and show their work. Kevin is a great ambassador for Outdoors RV and he really knows his stuff. There was not a question he did not know the answer to. We highly recommend if you are anywhere near the plant to arrange to take a tour.

Meanwhile, Dave had found a piece of countertop for me, so we could build a small table for our theater sofa to cover the drink holder and allow coffee cups to sit in place. Now our sofa matches our counter tops perfectly! Thanks so much Dave for your searching the plant for us!

Later that afternoon, we were hooking up our trailer and getting ready to leave, when Dave comes out and begins to share some info about how to do a few little things that will preserve the life in our trailer and keep leaks out. This was things no one had ever said to us before, and we lapped up the information. He continued to share information about our trailer, long after all the staff had left for the day, and we were feeling guilty keeping him from his family.

Our trailer tows better now, looking amazing with its new cap and color, and I can climb up on the roof easily without risking pulling the ladder out of the wall each time.

Dave, Kevin and the whole crew at Outdoors RV, thanks for all you do to make Outdoors RV the best it can be and making your customers feel special and appreciated! You guys are amazing!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3516.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	459.6 KB
ID:	162206  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2017, 09:34 AM   #2
PRT

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnyda View Post
We are so impressed with Outdoors RV and their people, that we are sure if someone looking to buy a new RV, took their tour and met their people, they would be convinced Outdoor RV is their first choice!

We got back from an amazing trip to La Grande, OR, for our recall work to be done in the factory. I had prearranged a couple months ago with Dave Asmussen in Service to be in the yard at 7am for the recall on our GP pin box mount. We arrived the night before parking exactly where Dave had told us to, and were pleased to find a power outlet for our heater on a cool early spring evening. Early morning arrival of staff woke us up early so wandering into the office and introducing myself to Dave, found the he had the shop clear and waiting for our trailer enthusiastically.
We also had an issue with our front cap fading, so Dave suggested that we could have the cap replaced at the same time. We were totally surprised that we could do it now as well.

I was looking for a new Big Tube ladder to replace the "tiny tube" ladder which our GP came with, and Dave was able to make it happen for us as well.

While our trailer was in the shop, we met Kevin Pfeifer in the office and he spent over an hour guiding us through the entire plant showing us all the details of how Outdoors RVs are designed, engineered and constructed. We were constantly greeted by the plant employees, happy to see us and show their work. Kevin is a great ambassador for Outdoors RV and he really knows his stuff. There was not a question he did not know the answer to. We highly recommend if you are anywhere near the plant to arrange to take a tour.

Meanwhile, Dave had found a piece of countertop for me, so we could build a small table for our theater sofa to cover the drink holder and allow coffee cups to sit in place. Now our sofa matches our counter tops perfectly! Thanks so much Dave for your searching the plant for us!

Later that afternoon, we were hooking up our trailer and getting ready to leave, when Dave comes out and begins to share some info about how to do a few little things that will preserve the life in our trailer and keep leaks out. This was things no one had ever said to us before, and we lapped up the information. He continued to share information about our trailer, long after all the staff had left for the day, and we were feeling guilty keeping him from his family.

Our trailer tows better now, looking amazing with its new cap and color, and I can climb up on the roof easily without risking pulling the ladder out of the wall each time.

Dave, Kevin and the whole crew at Outdoors RV, thanks for all you do to make Outdoors RV the best it can be and making your customers feel special and appreciated! You guys are amazing!
That's great news and not something I am surprised at. We were not on recall list but last year we had our cap replaced with the new style one and a few other things that they completed in one day. Our experience was quite similar to yours, took factory tour with Kevin and couldn't have had a better time. When we went they were actually doing a Glacier Peak run. Good to know about keeping water out, will have to make a note and ask Dave at the rally. Can you give more info the the ladder. We also are very pleased at the service ORV gives, especially after a few other brands we have owned basically was non existent. Our trailer has not been to a dealer yet.

Will you be at the ORV Campout? We'd like to see the table you made with the counter top.

Pete & Sherry

PRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:39 PM   #3

Sounds like great customer service, similar to what I have experienced on the few pickups we have had completed. I am interested if you have a summary of what few little things that will preserve the life in our trailer and keep leaks out that you can share?

Thanks, Dave
Old 05-18-2017, 01:56 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renrew View Post
Sounds like great customer service, similar to what I have experienced on the few pickups we have had completed. I am interested if you have a summary of what few little things that will preserve the life in our trailer and keep leaks out that you can share?

Thanks, Dave
Dave: a main takeaway was the importance of removing the swished out sealant from all the trim around the trailer. Dave cautioned that if left it will crack and the cracks go deep under the molding and suck water into them. He showed us how to trim the extra sealant, and then put Geocel along the edge to make it water tight. This should be done regularly to keep all seams clean and tidy.

Cheers!
Old 05-18-2017, 06:22 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Curious of the difference in the old vs new front cap on the GP? Anyone know?
Old 05-18-2017, 08:18 PM   #6

Quote:
. I was looking for a new Big Tube ladder to replace the "tiny tube" ladder which our GP came with, and Dave was able to make it happen for us as well.
Tried to order the Big Tube ladder on our 21FQS. The dealer said ORV wouldn't do it. Called ORV and they said the same thing. Guess I am going to have to find a reason to take the tt to them for repair. Maybe they will do it then as well. lol
Old 05-18-2017, 08:26 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
Dark vs light colours.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Water5454File0_072178_640480.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	162274   Click image for larger version

Name:	glacierpeak.png
Views:	69
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	162275  

Tried being normal once, worst 2 minutes of my life!
Rickeoni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:14 AM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
Here is what ours looks like now:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6483.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	317.4 KB
ID:	162304  
Old 05-19-2017, 10:04 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I guess the dark color would fade faster sitting in the sun all the time.

Lonnyda: your rig looks identical to mine! Same truck and color.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:26 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
egwilly - you have a sweet rig too then!
Old 05-19-2017, 02:51 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
egwilly - you have a sweet rig too then!

Nice trucks, just not enough tires on em!

Tried being normal once, worst 2 minutes of my life!
Rickeoni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:50 PM   #12

Quote:
He showed us how to trim the extra sealant, and then put Geocel along the edge to make it water tight. .
Can you tell me the exact Geocel product to use or are you just talking about their ProFlex RV Clear?
thanks
Old 05-20-2017, 08:40 AM   #13

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My GP had the sealant squeeze out issue on all of the outside trim as well. Watched dealer remove it with a plastic tool prior to delivery. I think they used clear Proflex. A credit card would work too.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:28 AM   #14

Perfectly timed posting as we are leaving this morning to La Grande to have the faded cap replaced on our GP. Hopefully they will be able to tackle a few other issues as well. Looking forward to meeting Dave, Todd, Kevin and the rest of the ORV staff...and of course a tour of the factory.

Martin6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall